• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SolidArf] "What I Learnt Photographing NPCs in Kingdom Hearts III"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Fun video that goes into KH3's NPCs. I remember when the Corona screenshots leaked and it had the NPCs in it and some were recognised as being taken from the movie, so it's great to see the side-by-side comparisons here.

I missed the dialogue in San Fran about asking if the Darkcubes were related to Krei Tech. All dialogue I heard was some generic dialogue so dialogue that is more specific has impressed me.

What most impressed me was the clock tower in Port Royal. I had no idea that the scaffolding around it was a reference to Dead Man's Chest because the movie showed the clock face being lifted up in front of the building. Even Master Spockanort and I didn't notice that they were East India Trading Company soldiers, just assumed they were regular soldiers.

I appreciate SolidArf also going into how to make NPCs react to Sora and the camera.

I put over 250 hours into KH3 on PS4/5 and even more on my PC and still learning new things from the game. Reminds me of how KH1 still has little secrets that blows peoples minds after all these years.

With Quadratum having a bunch of NPCs in the KH4 reveal trailer, I'm excited to see how Osaka steps up from what they did with KH4 in terms of their NPCs.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Damn, I always thought (without looking too hard into it) that there was some resource-saving overlap between the Corona and Twilight Town designs, albeit with a few changes for theme. Now it's so clear that every world had completely new designs made from the ground up.

This still the rushed, lazy sequel people say it is?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Damn, I always thought (without looking too hard into it) that there was some resource-saving overlap between the Corona and Twilight Town designs, albeit with a few changes for theme.

Why on earth would you think that? This isn't KH1, you're not going to find palette swap Wakka hanging out.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Why on earth would you think that? This isn't KH1, you're not going to find palette swap Wakka hanging out.
Never paid too close attention to the designs. Both seemed pretty cartoony to me, (as well as BH6 world) so I thought it'd be easy enough to change what they're wearing and drop them in a different location, but I'm very impressed that they're all different. Olympus and Pirates seemed more obviously hand-tailored to their locations.

I miss palette swap Wakka, the extremely narrow window you had to even SEE him was so cryptic that I contend to this day that there's a deeper more sinister story behind the palette swapped characters.

okhi12

Awards
I miss palette swap Wakka, the extremely narrow window you had to even SEE him was so cryptic that I contend to this day that there's a deeper more sinister story behind the palette swapped characters.
Wild theory: they're nobodies. The guy whose heart was stolen in Traverse Town could have spawned a nobody if his heart was strong enough.
The girl in Traverse Town could have a twin sister who became a nobody.
Wakka was lost when Destiny Islands fell to the darkness and his heart could have been taken as well, spawning a nobody.

We know some individuals have slight changes in their appearance when they become nobodies and that explains the palette swaps. Or maybe their appearance changed to fit Agrabah and all of them got black hair and a darker skin tone to protect world order or something.

Back