• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► some Halloween town confusion. (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm just going to get straight to the point, is there any connection between Tim Burton's Halloween town, and Disney channel's Halloween town, they both seem to have the same theme, they both have a skeleton character, and both are owned by Disney, for the record I had never heard of The Nightmare Before Christmas before the video game started coming out and even then, didn't know Disney had a hand in it, not until I played Kingdom Hearts for the first time, and when I got to that world, and saw the title, I thought it was going to be the Disney channel one, I just find it weird that Disney kind of stole from themselves, and if they didn't that is a weird coincidence, what are your thoughts? P.s. also never played The Nightmare Before Christmas game and just saw the movie for the first time tonight on Disney plus and that's what inspired me to create this thread.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
No.

For one thing, the DCOM is "Halloweentown", one word.
I meant out of universe(s), like did they take the idea from the original, because like I said, there are a lot of similarities, but good to know about the slight difference in names so no one gets confused, I never noticed that, so thank you for the info, but still, it's like Disney took one good look at TNBC and decided to do a separate franchise all together.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I meant out of universe(s), like did they take the idea from the original, because like I said, there are a lot of similarities, but good to know about the slight difference in names so no one gets confused, I never noticed that, so thank you for the info, but still, it's like Disney took one good look at TNBC and decided to do a separate franchise all together.
I think the similarities are because Halloween movies have the same tropes and Halloween Town isn't really a hard name to come up with for a Halloween-themed area.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I think the similarities are because Halloween movies have the same tropes and Halloween Town isn't really a hard name to come up with for a Halloween-themed area.
Even if there owned by the same company?

vaderskywalker

Awards

It's the same company yes but the studios who made the films are separate.
oh, but still, sometimes it feels like the same town, like two versions of the same place.

Back