• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some minor problems with my KH2 game....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy_8291

When I play Kingdom Hearts 2, sometimes I think it must be a little much for my PS2... like when I go into a drive form, sometimes it does this but sometimes it doesn't, but Sora will just hang in mid-air for like twenty or even thirty seconds with the glowy stuff around him, then he'll drop down and be in the form. Also, during cutscenes, every now and then there's a moment when everyone in the scene just stops what they're doing. They'll just stand there and blink. It's a little funny, but kind of annoying at the same time. This lasts for around twenty or thirty seconds also. I was just wondering if anyone else had these kinds of problems and if there's any way to fix it.

sora's_soul125

it is either your disc has a scratch or u have a bad eye in your ps2
possible solutions if your disc is scratched get a disk doctor or get a new game
if not get a new ps2

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Sounds like a scratched disc. Have you tried to either clean the PS2 itself, or clean the disc? that might be one of your problems:toungesmile:

jeremy_8291

Well it must be my PS2, because the game has been doing this ever since I first bought it. I mean, it's not an actual problem because it doesn't happen constantly, but it is a little annoying. Yep, I must have a dirty PS2 or something.

kthundercat

The way I keep my PS2 clean, is to just go to Wal-Mart and buy a can of compressed air. Open up your disc tray and aim for the inside, that way if there is just dust on it then you're likely to blow it off. Also blow all of the dust out of the filter on the front of your PS2, that way the fan can do its job and your system won't overheat.

I've had the same PS2 since I got KH2 when it first came out and I do this every month or so, and mine still works fine. That's with using a Code Breaker a lot too.

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
And to be sure, you might want to try your KH game on another ps2 machine. Just to check its not a problem with your game dvd. It can happen, though it rarly occurs :3

I

The Show Must Go On
lol, that would be funny if during the cutscenes they just stop talking and just blink. that would make me lmao. you wanna trade disks? lol

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I lol'd. I know it's mean, but your situation sounds pretty funny. Obviously there's something wrong with your system. If you still have a warranty, send it back to Sony. Or your lens could be having problems. Using 90% isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips, gently rub the lens with a damp Q-Tip. This is only if you have a PS2 Slim. The original PS2's lens is harder to get to, and more risky.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If you have an original PS2 go here and read Digital Gopher's post.

http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=67922

I followed the steps in the link he provided when I had a disk read error on my PS2, and it worked. Be warned though, that you will void your warranty by opening up your PS2 and doing this, but if you have one of the original PS2's chances are that your warranty expired a long time ago. Hopefully this will help you.

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Yeah, this should have been posted in Technology, but since there really isn't anything you can do for a scratched disc, I suggest you spring for a new one if the problem persists. It's about $25 used now.

[Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back