• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some thoughts on KH2 character design....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
I.symbolic names

Sora means Sky
Riku means Land
Kairi is said to be loosely based on hikari meaning light, but separating her name into syllables results in Kai meaning time (with regards to her possibly being the keywielder of present, a passage in time), seashell (with regard to the Oathkeeper) or story( with regards to being a fairy tale princess), and Ri meaning advantage (so when said together it could mean advantageous story, advantageous time, or advantageous seashell)
the X in every Org members' name measn betrayal

SMALL NOTE:some other symbolic names used in other Japanese stuff
Takumi-skill
Taiyo-Sun or Ocean
Ten- Heaven
Shin-Heart or truth

II. Outfits

Costume Cliches
Every KH2 character seems to bare these accessories and/or parts of their costumes. If you want to design a KH-ish character, make sure he/she has these typical cliches to his/her suit

The hood (worn by Sora, Yuffie, Kairi and the Org Members)
Ah, yes, the Hood despite it isn't raining. What could it symbolize? I haven't the faintest clue...

The zippers (worn by almost everyone)
There is a lack of buttons in KH2, but instead, all clothing seem to bear zippers instead. What happens if the fly is caught? Also note that the zipper goes downwards instead of upwards. Donald's hat in particular is full of zippers.

The bag pockets (worn by Sora, Kairi, Donald, Goofy and some others)
apparently, them pants don't gots no pockets. So the characters have these instead. strapped or sown, zipper fly, or button fly, around the belt, on the pants, or vest. A key in item collecting. :D

SORA-exclusive accessory the crown-shaped necklace. This must bare some relevance if he wears it throughout his costume changes. It's similar to the Oblivion Keychain, which Riku gave to him (I believe so cuz you get it after beating him in Hollow Bastion and coming back for it, but then again, it's in a treasure chest on a platform where Kairi was supposed to be standing on together with the six other princesses...hmm...) A memento perhaps?!

KAIRI-the star-shaped seashell thingie. Not an accessory but a gift from her to Sora. It might bear some relevance to Kai, which means seashell. It is later revealed to be a Keychain, the Oathkeeper. How did she turn this simple gift into a magical keychain?( Then again, why was Oathkeeper a fruit in KH1 [ a star-shaped fruit growing on their island, even possessing a leaf on top.] to the seashell thing in KH2, how, why did that happen?)

SMALL NOTE: leather straps like a dog's collar, only 2 people i know in kh use these, that's cloud and Sephiroth, but it's a must have in many, many animes and japanese trends. Lulu from FF10, has hundreds of belt things strapped under her dress.

III. Drive forms
How is it that Sora is able to conjure a second keyblade in 3 of his forms?
related facts:
Riku's heart unlocker keyblade in kh1 was made from 6 hearts, and was incomplete. Could the keyblades conjured be Sora's heart?
Kairi creating Oathkeeper keychain. Could strong will or a hidden ability create these keyblades?

IV. I haven't a clue how a discussion can result from this, but it does bare some spoilers, like what X in Org names stand for, Kairi being of the present blah blah blah

watcha tink?

bry

I haven't played the game yet, but my friend said Roxas, if you switch the letters around, is Sorax. So maybe Roxas will betray Sora in the game? Because you said the x means betrayal. I don't know, it's just a guess.

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
Roxas is Sora's nobody. Nobody's are born in The World That Never Was when a strong heart is seperated from the body (as Sora did in KH1). The Nobody names himself whatever his true self's name was and gains all the memories of his true self. However, since Sora's heart was released for a short time, then returned, Roxas was unable to completely recieve Sora's memories in that case. He seeked to gain these memories so he joined the Org. He knew that by doing so, he'd be betraying Sora (he only knew Sora simply as his true self, having little idea of who he[sora] was as he never got his[sora] memories.) so he changed his name to Roxas.

yuna:)

Just to say, but i think that the zippers and hoods are just what Nomera wanted to do with the costume designs. I mean, they're just designs.

urutapu

I think it's Sora that makes the keychains, not Kairi or the Moogles. I mean, I think they'd be normal objects to anyone else, whereas Sora can change the Keyblade's form with them. For example, isn't the keychain on Roxas's Oathkeeper different from Kairi's seashell charm?

wingedKnightTx

Okay, the zipper and straps thing is a Nomura-style thing he does to all of his character (watch Advent Childern or play X-2, you'll see what I mean) and more that Cloud and Seph have straps (Leon, Paine, Pete and Mickey, just off the top of my head...) Keychains are items that have some 'inner power' of sorts that the Keyblade taps into to chage it's form. Does this help any? Thought so....

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
1. Zipper are Nomura's style. Simple as that.

2. Hoods are really there for a cool factor. Sora and Kairi wear hoodies, lots of people do. The Order uses the hoods to hide themselves. Why? Who knows.

3. Keyblades are PURE energy. In a sense we could look at is as there being Energy Streams. A Light Energy Stream, a Dark Energy Stream, ect. ect. Sora's Keyblade used the Light Engery, thus it is composed of Enegery from the Light Stream. The Light Stream is ALWAYS there, and when a certain Key Chain is put on the Keyblade, how powerful that Chain is, depends on much energy is put into the Keyblade. So in a sense, the Key Chains power determines the power of the Keyblade. I could put a peice of Cheese on a Keyblade and get some kind of Cheese Blade, would it be powerful? Depends on the cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back