• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something about the Kingdom key keyblade still bothers me:(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

The Kingdom key used to be my number one favorite when I first saw it in kh2 with Roxas and when he wielded it in kh358/2days, however the more keyblade wielders we get and see their keyblades, the more I realize the kingdom key doesn’t look that cool since to the point I started looking for another favorite keyblade but still can’t decide yet, just to show how much this keyblade had an impact on me that I can’t find another keyblade to claim as my fav... anyhow I digress, point is I hate how fat the keyblade is, I know it’s not really a sword but all of the main cast keyblades have sharper blades that you could accept them slashing enemies but sora’s? His keyblade is round and kinda fat compared to everyone else and it’s not sharp and rarely sharp, I don’t like how we slice building with this Kingdom key blade I feel like it need to look sharper like the others to make sense whenever you hit with it at least that’s how I feel, they don’t need to make it sharp just thinner to appear sharp I guess

now ofc in the end this is my opinion.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd abandon love for the Kingdom Key and put it towards Star Cluster instead cause it's an awesome upgraded look for the KK.

Keyblade07

I'd abandon love for the Kingdom Key and put it towards Star Cluster instead cause it's an awesome upgraded look for the KK.
You’re not alone i don’t know why I warm up to mickey’s keyblade but not Sora, heck the kingdom key is my second favorite when used by Roxas in 358/2days, guess I’m just not fan of Sora using it only even tho his my fav character.

Edit: I like playing as Kid Sora in kh1 khcom khcoded khDDD, I’m just not fan of the exaggeration moves he makes in kh2 and kh3, I prefer simple play style like the previous game.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
I love the simple design for the Kingdom Key, but I think it's way past time Sora gets a new Keyblade for himself, specially now that he's all grown up and will probably be taking the Mark of Mastery test again when he's back.

Every other playable character has had both a starter and final Keyblade, Roxas has a special keyblade associated to him while also getting Oathkeeper and Oblivon, Xion is.. there, I guess, although I assume If I dig up the keyblades for Days I might find a final upgrade associated to her (Don't really remember most of the Keyblades for that game, lol).

Even Ventus has the Lost Memory Keyblade and, in UX, the Missing Ache (who fits him a lot more too).

It's also a bit of a plothole how the Kingdom Key D is supposed to be the exact same as the Kingdom Key, only originating from the Realm of Darkness instead, but that one got broken by the Heartless wave and had to be reformed into the Star Cluster through fusion with the Star Seeker, while the Kingdom Key is just fine.

I guess technically the multiple versions of Ultima can fill that role, but I'd still like to see something in the lore to cover it.

Then again, they never really addressed if there's anything special about the Kingdom Key as well besides the iconic design. It's featured in the Chi Blade while also having a identical counterpart laying around in the Realm of Darkness, but no one even bates an eye on it.

Keyblade07

I love the simple design for the Kingdom Key, but I think it's way past time Sora gets a new Keyblade for himself, specially now that he's all grown up and will probably be taking the Mark of Mastery test again when he's back.

Every other playable character has had both a starter and final Keyblade, Roxas has a special keyblade associated to him while also getting Oathkeeper and Oblivon, Xion is.. there, I guess, although I assume If I dig up the keyblades for Days I might find a final upgrade associated to her (Don't really remember most of the Keyblades for that game, lol).

Even Ventus has the Lost Memory Keyblade and, in UX, the Missing Ache (who fits him a lot more too).

It's also a bit of a plothole how the Kingdom Key D is supposed to be the exact same as the Kingdom Key, only originating from the Realm of Darkness instead, but that one got broken by the Heartless wave and had to be reformed into the Star Cluster through fusion with the Star Seeker, while the Kingdom Key is just fine.

I guess technically the multiple versions of Ultima can fill that role, but I'd still like to see something in the lore to cover it.

Then again, they never really addressed if there's anything special about the Kingdom Key as well besides the iconic design. It's featured in the Chi Blade while also having a identical counterpart laying around in the Realm of Darkness, but no one even bates an eye on it.
I don’t think I want him to change it but I see your point:) but if there’s one I want it to change their keyblade then it’s Xion she should get her own keyblade since she became her own person she deserves a keyblade that distinct her from Sora.

Back