• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something in the trailer that may be important.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Just to jog my memory,Aqua had Eraqus' keyblade in order to transform the land of departure to Castle Oblivion and seal Ven,right?

And since it just happened to appear in DI,that probably means Aqua got out of the RoD and put it there.Since if she died in RoD then the keyblade would be lost there with her.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Just to jog my memory,Aqua had Eraqus' keyblade in order to transform the land of departure to Castle Oblivion and seal Ven,right?

And since it just happened to appear in DI,that probably means Aqua got out of the RoD and put it there.Since if she died in RoD then the keyblade would be lost there with her.

She also used it in the ROD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This has been brought up a few times and my thoughts on it are still the same: this is most likely a concept video. I reckon Sora finding ME's Keyblade is more symbolic of how Sora's going after Aqua first.

Antilurker77

It's pretty clear that this game is still very early in development. This trailer feels a lot like the original KH2, BbS, and DDD trailer, so don't look to hard into it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I agree that it's probably a concept video. My friends on FB have been wondering what it's about and I keep telling them I don't think it means anything.

It was the only keyblade Aqua had in the RoD to protect herself and AtW. She isn't a PoH so if she lost that keyblade, she's pretty much done for and without Aqua there's no chance of finding Ven. Now the last time we saw Aqua and AtW it was at the Dark Meridian and that's where Sora and Riku made it back to DI in KH2 after finding Kairi's message. Perhaps that is how the keyblade got there but it still doesn't make any sense why Aqua wasn't with the keyblade so IDK, I think it's just a concept.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Perhaps Sora is the next in line to protect the worlds/LoD from darkness, after Aqua? Since he finds Eraqus' keyblade on the floor, just like Aqua found it in BBS.

axel95

Awards
It is probably a symbol showing that Sora will become an official master in KH3. Like how Terra's eyes turned yellow in the original BBS trailer. Also from the original BBS trailer, the keyblades that TAV use are sumbolic to where they end up. Likethe people abovw have said, it could also mean Sora is going after Aqua first. It is just too early in KH3's development (can't believe I'm saying those words!!!) to tell.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Master Keeper was the first thing I noticed so I'm really surprised that a lot of people missed it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd also say we have to look at that one with some reservations, just as with the HUD and other elements for now. As with DDD, very few things of the very first trailer/teaser end up in the end product. And besides, didn't Nomura say that we should look forward to the rest of E3?
Maybe we get some input from Nomura that already answers some of the confusion.

If anything, theme-wise I would agree with the notion already brought up that this is foreshadowing/symbolic for the fact that out of the seven suffering ones, Aqua will be the first one Sora goes on a mission to save.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The whole trailer was a concept video.

Sora landing in Destiny Islands, changing outfits and picking up the Master Keeper represent his origins, his growth and his connection with the past.

The "gameplay" that came after wasn't actually gameplay, but a mock-up of what it might look like. (Notice the lack of a targeting reticle on the Heartless wave, and the static layout of a HUD which represented unseen party members.)

Nothing really super important for us to dig through, far as I can see. Just something to make us cry tears of joy.
Now the last time we saw Aqua and AtW it was at the Dark Meridian and that's where Sora and Riku made it back to DI in KH2 after finding Kairi's message.
They were on opposing coasts. Ansem and Aqua on the edge of the Realm of Darkness, Riku and Sora on the edge of the Realm Between. It's a little heartbreaking; they could have been staring right at each other without even knowing it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
They were on opposing coasts. Ansem and Aqua on the edge of the Realm of Darkness, Riku and Sora on the edge of the Realm Between. It's a little heartbreaking; they could have been staring right at each other without even knowing it.

I really hope Nomura clarifies certain mysteries about the Dark Meridians, specifically why they look identical and what the meaning is behind the moonlight dead center of them.

(btw, I just noticed we got a matching avatar theme now :D)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I really hope Nomura clarifies certain mysteries about the Dark Meridians, specifically why they look identical and what the meaning is behind the moonlight dead center of them.

(btw, I just noticed we got a matching avatar theme now :D)
I thought that was Misery! :3

But yes. I'm hoping KHIII's Journal/Reports take a note from DDD and have entries that clear up some of the details that have been talked about in interviews and stuff.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Either this means nothing or Eraqus' keyblade followed Sora and Riku when they traveled from the RoD to the Realm of Light.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Either this means nothing or Eraqus' keyblade followed Sora and Riku when they traveled from the RoD to the Realm of Light.

Except that they never were in the RoD. The shore they are at in the end of KH II is in the Realm between, at the border to the RoD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
She knows Sora's name.

She might have sent the keyblade out as a last hope for it to lead Sora to her.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
She knows Sora's name.

She might have sent the keyblade out as a last hope for it to lead Sora to her.

This is actually a neat idea. We don't know how, but it is possible that Aqua sent Eraqus' Keyblade to Sora so it can guide him and his allies to her in the RoD.
Aqua is a master at magic so she wouldn't necessarily need the Master Keeper for plain self defense.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
If anyone has seen the End of Time episode of Doctor Who, the whitepoint star = Eraqus' keyblade. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from this idea that Eraqus' keyblade will break the barrier between the light and dark realms.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If anyone has seen the End of Time episode of Doctor Who, the whitepoint star = Eraqus' keyblade. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from this idea that Eraqus' keyblade will break the barrier between the light and dark realms.

Lol, that one would conveniently explain the floods of Heartless though, as the frontier between the realms being broken would allow the Heartless to enter the Realm of light en masse. A bit of a harsh payoff to getting Aqua out there, isn't it?

I can imagine Sora being happy to get such a shortcut to rescue the first person of those he's supposed to save, only to have Yen Sid, Mickey, Riku, Ansem the Wise and Aqua facepalming with a "what the hell, hero?" for letting massive numbers of Heartless in as well, *ggg*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back