• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something interesting about the opening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Just something quick I'd like to point out.

So I was watching the opening with English lyrics (what with its entirely irrelevant lyrics and all), when something hit me that had never sunk in the other times I was watching it:

Toward the beginning, they used the clips from The Gathering where TAV pick up the KK, IKK, and WtD, respectively.

You might deem this as having no importance, a concept in the secret ending which they ditched, but were too lazy to cut out in the intro.
But look at 0:33, when the flashing begins. That scene panning in on Terra in his armor was in neither secret endings. And if you pause it at the right time, you'll notice that the three are indeed holding the KK, IKK, and WtD.

While I would have considered it a ditched concept if they had just threw in scenes of The Gathering, the fact that they made that one scene with the three holding those keyblades just for Birth by Sleep makes me suspicious.

Obviously, in the literal sense, that never happened, but clearly the presence of those three keyblades still holds some symbolic importance.
So my question is: What's their symbolism?

How is Aqua connected to the IKK, Terra to the KK, Ven to the WtD?

Last edited:

αsiя

space coke
Aqua to the IKK because she gets stuck in the realm of darkness
Ven to the WtD because of of Vanitas
Terra to the KK because Riku is the original wielder

Last edited:

Avens

And they also kept in the part where Terra got his arm frozen, which doesn't happen later on.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
This reminds me of how Lingering Sentiment wasn't supposed to be canon.

From what I gather, Ven would be connected to WtD because of how he is (with Vanitas) split between pure darkness and pure light.

Terra, I think just because he chose Riku as the next wielder of the KK?

And Aqua because of how she struggles to support the other two, similar to Mickey.

Just a guess. :/

And they also kept in the part where Terra got his arm frozen, which doesn't happen later on.

He's talking about symbolism. And we all know TAV didn't really find those three Keyblades at the Keyblade Graveyard either.

Edit: Just in case you were arguing against him. I couldn't tell. xD

Last edited:

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
It symbolizes their fates during/at the end of their stories.

Aqua picks up Kingdom Key D, which is the Keyblade for the RoD and wielded by Mickey. She meets Mickey and protects Kairi with his help. They also fight together and beat a Van-possessed Ven. Her end is to fall into the RoD.

Terra- The KK was held by Riku for a short time and Terra chose him to wield the Keyblade.

Ven- His relationship with Vanitas crossing over Light and Dark to create the X-Blade.

EDIT: Terra takes the KK and Ven wields WtD.

Z

Zulkir

They also....have...the CAPES!

Damnit, why don't we get the capes!

That's it, when I go outside today, I'm going to wear a cape!

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
In any case, it's not like Terra knowingly chose Riku to wield the KK specifically. (right?)

I don't think that it matters what form the Keyblade it is according to the recently surfaced "roughly translated Letters". I think he just chose him to wield a Keyblade from the realm of light.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Aqua to the IKK because she gets stuck in the realm of darkness
Ven to the WtD because of of Vanitas
Terra to the KK because Riku is the original wielder

The first two yes the third I doubt seeing as how Sora got the keyblade first and it has stuck with him throughout the series.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i did notice that but i didnt think it was important.

In any case, it's not like Terra knowingly chose Riku to wield the KK specifically. (right?)
we see terra in destiny island talking to riku, asking him why he want to leave and go to other world. we also see terra letting riku grab his keyblade. so i do indeed think terra chose riku. but the scene has no audio (the video i saw) so im not 100% sure what terra said to him.

Awards
Riku did wield the KK in Hollow Bastion. It wasn't permanent but he did wield it.

I know that, I'm saying that Terra had no way of knowing that Riku would wield the KK

I don't think that it matters what form the Keyblade it is according to the recently surfaced "roughly translated Letters". I think he just chose him to wield a Keyblade from the realm of light.

Hard to say.
Even if he was specifically referring to a keyblade from the realm of light, I still don't see how that has any bearing on Terra symbolically.

Ventus has a clash between Light and Dark, hence the WtD.
Aqua ends up in the Dark Realm, hence the IKK.
But, Terra? He picks Riku for a light Keyblade, hence the KK? Eh. That holds more significance to Riku than it does to Terra.

In actuality, I think it should have been swapped with Aqua, unless someone can think of something better symbolically.
That is, Aqua gets the KK, Terra gets the IKK.
Representing light and darkness, respectively.

After all, we see this very analogy later in the opening.
Aqua turns into the KK, Terra turns into the Soul Eater. Light and Dark.

we see terra in destiny island talking to riku, asking him why he want to leave and go to other world. we also see terra letting riku grab his keyblade. so i do indeed think terra chose riku. but the scene has no audio (the video i saw) so im not 100% sure what terra said to him.

I said Terra had no way of knowing Riku would wield the KK specifically.
I know that he picked Riku, that's not the issue here.
Nothing in the dialogue suggests that Terra was aware that Riku would get the Kingdom Key.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
I'm guessing Terra just had the left over Keyblade that wasn't based off any FF or Disney worlds/characters. Until someone thinks of something symbolic between him and the KK.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
Terra's symbolism is more complex considering Sora holds the KK yet he has the most connection to Riku. The entire thing requires it's own thread to explain as his relationship is very expansive from BBS to KH2.

Awards
Terra's symbolism is more complex considering Sora holds the KK yet he has the most connection to Riku. The entire thing requires it's own thread to explain as his relationship is very expansive from BBS to KH2.

If it's that "complex," it shouldn't even be considered symbolic.
For example:

Bambi--->Sora--->Ven---->Vanitas---->X-Blade

There's a connection going down the line, but can I say that the X-Blade would be adequate representation of Bambi? Of course not.

Even in Terra's case where there aren't many links, it still just doesn't work.
Terra--->Riku---->KK

Terra is like Riku, true, but he's not connected to him, not like a connection between Ventus and Vanitas in the WtD analogy.

tenchi ryu

well maybe they are referring to Terra in his LS form, he does not only meet sora, but considers him a Worthy keyblade master...that looks like a connection to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back