• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I've been wondering

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saphexteni

Which brings me to my next topic (sorry, another topic change). The org seems to have grown new hearts while they were nobodies (well most of them), possibly including Roxas. What I'm wondering is, if a heart can spring out of nowhere within a year or two, is it possible that Ven's heart could be healed to some degree?? After 11 years, something has to have happened with it

Just jumping in here after lurking the thread. ^_^

That's an interesting thought... and seems plausible. But it also brings up whether or not "growing a new heart" could be correlated with the "healing of an already existent heart."

I mean, we know that everything can grow a heart- Nomura made that crystal clear in 3D... but can a heart that has been severely damaged be healed without any assistance? The first time, it was Sora who healed Ventus's heart, but the second time, Sora was merely able to harbor Ven's heart inside himself.

I think another thing to consider is the environment Roxas (and the others) were in as they grew their own hearts- they were active, and constantly talking and interacting with others. I believe that their outside environment and influences had a great deal in creating their new heart, much like the shaping of a young child's personality by his/her parents or outside influences. A person's heart is shaped by all this- as well as his/her memories. Roxas created new memories as his life progressed, and it was these memories with Xion and Axel that created the kind of heart he now has.

On the other hand, Ven has been "sleeping" all this time. Will anything truly have happened to his heart with him just being asleep for the last 11 years? I guess we could consider how his heart has been moving around quite a bit- first from Sora, then to Roxas... then to Sora again?- as well as consider that while he has been sleeping, his hear may have been exposed to things going on around it...

Speaking of which, if Ven's heart hasn't healed in the past years, would it make sense for him to have to merge back with Vanitas for his heart to be full, once again? Or has that possibility already kicked the bucket?

Japinha

Speaking of which, if Ven's heart hasn't healed in the past years, would it make sense for him to have to merge back with Vanitas for his heart to be full, once again? Or has that possibility already kicked the bucket?
I thought that happened after Ven kicked Vanitas' butt inside his heart... after Vanitas "dissolved", Ven's stained glass became whole again, with only his image, so I guess that was it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Which brings me to my next topic (sorry, another topic change). The org seems to have grown new hearts while they were nobodies (well most of them), possibly including Roxas. What I'm wondering is, if a heart can spring out of nowhere within a year or two, is it possible that Ven's heart could be healed to some degree?? After 11 years, something has to have happened with it

Some of them at least did grow hearts, if we go by Xemnas' explanations not all of them managed to do so. In the end, it is moot anyways since as Ansem the Wise explained, Sora is the only one who became human again without destroying his Nobody in the process (Xemnas is tricky due to all the time-travel stuff and Naminé doesn't count as she's no true Nobody while Xion is a Replica).

If we talk about "some degree" of healing then I would say we can be almost sure that Ven's heart recuperated a bit, as it was completely shattered after he destroyed the proto-X-blade and had only enough strength left to follow Sora's voice and ask to be sheltered.
Now in DDD Ventus' heart seems to be at least healed enough to notice that Sora's falling into Darkness and to follow Sora for a short time and lend him Ven's Keyblade armor.
So while Ven might not be fully healed, his status is most likely much better than it was 11 years ago.

Just jumping in here after lurking the thread. ^_^

That's an interesting thought... and seems plausible. But it also brings up whether or not "growing a new heart" could be correlated with the "healing of an already existent heart."

I mean, we know that everything can grow a heart- Nomura made that crystal clear in 3D... but can a heart that has been severely damaged be healed without any assistance? The first time, it was Sora who healed Ventus's heart, but the second time, Sora was merely able to harbor Ven's heart inside himself.

Well, the notion that a heart can be formed was already brought up in the Birth by Sleep-Ultimania when Nomura spoke about the time when Ventus was first brought to Eraqus by Master Xehanort.
He had still those glazed eyes and Terra's barrage of questions caused him immense pain.
Nomura explained that with the fact that although Sora's newborn heart had helped Ven to survive and awake, Ven's heart still wasn't fully formed again.

Nomura in BBS Ultimania said:
-- Ventus awakens with Sora's help, but at first his eyes are blank, and when he first meets Terra and Aqua he falls asleep under their barrage of questions.

Nomura: At that time, although Ventus has awakened, his heart is not fully formed. The imagery is the same as the first week after Roxas entered the organisation in "KH Days", when he was spacing out.

As we know, during the four years between the Prologue of BBS (when MX first brought Ven to Eraqus) and the actual game BBS Ventus recuperated and his heart healed under Aqua's, Terra's and Eraqus' care, slowly turning him into the exuberant kid we then later take control of.
Combining all this above with the stuff we learned in DDD it stands to reason that Ven's still wounded heart was nutured and "formed" by Aqua's, Terra's and Eraqus' influence during those four years, eventually nursing it back to health.

I think another thing to consider is the environment Roxas (and the others) were in as they grew their own hearts- they were active, and constantly talking and interacting with others. I believe that their outside environment and influences had a great deal in creating their new heart, much like the shaping of a young child's personality by his/her parents or outside influences. A person's heart is shaped by all this- as well as his/her memories. Roxas created new memories as his life progressed, and it was these memories with Xion and Axel that created the kind of heart he now has.
Exactly, that is all correct.
Influences of the environment and the interactions with others are the main factors in forming a heart once it is born, according to both Xemnas and Ansem the Wise.
This however is something which Ventus had very few of in the last 11 years, this would explain the long time it takes to heal together with the fact that by destroying the proto-X-blade he almost completely destroyed his own heart (meaning the injuries where heavier as when Xehanort had created Vanitas).
It was lucky that the thing was incomplete and the fusion with Vanitas never fully successful, had it been, I'd assume that Ven's heart would have been completely destroyed.

On the other hand, Ven has been "sleeping" all this time. Will anything truly have happened to his heart with him just being asleep for the last 11 years? I guess we could consider how his heart has been moving around quite a bit- first from Sora, then to Roxas... then to Sora again?- as well as consider that while he has been sleeping, his hear may have been exposed to things going on around it...

His heart surely was exposed to several things, especially while it was in Roxas and during KH 1, so there might have been some indirect nuturing which would explain why it can be at least be remotely active during DDD and give out fancy armors. ;P

As for that, we don't know exactly what transpired after the final battle of BBS, although since we learned in BBS that heart-shards/seeds can grow into full hearts by themselves (hello there, Xehanort!) and it was already said in BBS that both Ventus and Vanitas have their own hearts, I tend to believe that while it may (possibly) speed up things it won't be something that must happen at all costs.
On another note, I also cannot imagine that Ventus would willingly want to have that ax crazy psycho inside his heart, there would always be the danger that he tries to enslave him again.

I thought that happened after Ven kicked Vanitas' butt inside his heart... after Vanitas "dissolved", Ven's stained glass became whole again, with only his image, so I guess that was it.

That's one interpretation of it, but it isn't confirmed. Ventus made very clear during the game BBS that he didn't want to fuse together with Vanitas.
Their hearts also didn't fuse fully together as Vanitas remarked before they fought. The fusion was incomplete, which means both hearts intersected, but didn't became one which also resulted in an incomplete proto-X-blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back