• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sonic the Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Wow. Not sure how I feel, lol
Nku5WFUNNS.gif

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe it might have been better if they did the inverse and had the protagonist come from our world into Sonic's

The CGI on Sonic is decent I guess. Not feeling live action Dr. Eggman

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Nothing against Jim, I would prefer someone...more round to portray Eggman. I’m definitely waiting for this to come out on Redbox.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If Robotnik at any point calls his butler guy "Snively" then it's a 10/10 for me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nothing against Jim, I would prefer someone...more round to portray Eggman. I’m definitely waiting for this to come out on Redbox.
There's a scene where Carey is portraying a bald, more Robotnik-esque mustache, and fatter villain. People speculate that it's a post-credit scene, meaning there may be interest in a second film and create a movie-universe. Since this is sort of an origin movie, maybe we see Robotnik now, and in the future, he'll get into his more traditional rendition. Carey is portraying too different of a Robotnik.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It’s still baffling how they thought sonic looked good. I’m glad they’re making the changes. Looks like I’ll have to retract my Redbox comment. Now I’ll settle for matinee.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I thought the trailer looked preeeetty meh. I WANT to like the movie, but I don't expect it to be good.

BUT, I do have to give credit where it's due with them going to change ans improve ths design after the fan reactions. Might not necessarily make it a better movie, but good on them for trying.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
At this point, I'm hoping it'll be good. I have many doubts, but I may give it a try if it does well.
I just felt that the movie didn't look good mostly because of Sonic's design, and a bit iffy on Jim Carrey's portrayal. I pretty much don't know what to expect, but leaning more to it not doing great. I want it to be great so much, and having many improvements on Sonic's look could help my feelings of doubt cause... yikes.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
That music is not Sonic music. The trailer needed way more buttrock.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Looks like they listened to complaints and are going to work to improve Sonic's design
I don't believe there's been any indication of the release date being pushed back to accommodate these changes, so i feel pretty bad for everyone that's going to have to work around the clock at the studio to get this done. The crunch time that just got added to this is very real.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I kinda wonder now if the Blu-Ray will come with an alternate cut with the 1st design. Just for the sake of novelty of seeing what it looked like in the rest of the film.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I kinda wonder now if the Blu-Ray will come with an alternate cut with the 1st design. Just for the sake of novelty of seeing what it looked like in the rest of the film.
I'm for it. Embrace the monstrosity and keep people talking.

Back