• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
No one knows at this point. My guess is that unless Sony gets too arrogant again, or if PS5 is a dramatically different beast compared to PS4, it will at least support BC with PS4 titles. The big reason why PS4 didn't support PS3 titles was due to the PS3 hardware being a clusterf--- and this difficult to emulate. Pretty much all current gen remasters of last gen titles that lacked a PC port (such as the Devil May Cry HD Collection) are based on the 360 ports for this very reason. PS4 on the other hand has x86 based hardware (as is Xbox One) bridging the gap between console and PC. That's going to be the new model going forward for both Sony and Microsoft I'm sure. Easier to port games between all those three formats.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
No one knows at this point. My guess is that unless Sony gets too arrogant again, or if PS5 is a dramatically different beast compared to PS4, it will at least support BC with PS4 titles. The big reason why PS4 didn't support PS3 titles was due to the PS3 hardware being a clusterf--- and this difficult to emulate. Pretty much all current gen remasters of last gen titles that lacked a PC port (such as the Devil May Cry HD Collection) are based on the 360 ports for this very reason. PS4 on the other hand has x86 based hardware (as is Xbox One) bridging the gap between console and PC. That's going to be the new model going forward for both Sony and Microsoft I'm sure. Easier to port games between all those three formats.
Speaking of clusterfu--s, like I've previously mentioned, I hope that the PS5's blueray disc reader is a hell of a lot better than what the original PS4's had. I can only go digital with my PS4 because the blueray reader is fu---d up.

And speaking of the PS5, Sony is supposedly considering the possibility of hitting the portable gaming market once more, saying that the handheld market shouldn't be separate from the home market, but to offer an experience from both. This could mean that they might release their own Switch.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If PS5 doesn't support PS4 media then I will VERY late to adopt a PS5. I mean I'm excited and frightened at the same time. I'm always happy to see the QoL changes when it comes to hardware, but then I look at my backlog and this news regarding the PS5 and I feel like I'm being pressured to finish what I got :(

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Sony is supposedly considering the possibility of hitting the portable gaming market once more, saying that the handheld market shouldn't be separate from the home market, but to offer an experience from both. This could mean that they might release their own Switch.

Weeeeeeell...

OKTumMO.jpg

This patent from Sony predates the Switch.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I remember that, wasn't that a concept for their dualshock 4 (replacement)?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
PS-Plus-755x425.jpg

June's PS+ games have been announced. I'm bit interested in XCOM 2. Apparently, it has 81 trophies, but the platinum looks super hard to get. Trials Fusion has no platinum sadly..

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just got the Symbols in the Stars dynamic theme for completing "quests" (watching trailers) @ live.playstation.com.

It's lit fam.

[video=youtube;OJq-SgNzQFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJq-SgNzQFM[/video]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I really thought the Pride theme was a great nod to Pride month and shows respect to the LGBT community. Because it shouldn't matter who is playing your console; if they support you, then you should return the favor and support them. Bravo to Sony for doing this.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wait, is that free or? Cuz I am interested lol

Yup, both are. Pride theme can be downloaded via PS Store. Symbols in the Stars theme can be acquired by completing "quests" (watching trailers) on live.playstation.com. Symbols in the Stars is for a limited time.

DotDotDot

well sony, you have piqued my interest with control; the rest of the stuff you displayed i was already interested in... just now with more layers. bring on the last of us part 2; what a beaut.

that being said, sony's e3 this year was kinda disappointing. not bad in the literal sense, but the intermission between the actual conference was quite unnecessary (at least i didn't care much for it). and while i am a big sony fan, microsoft have outdone themselves this year, what a conference.

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Playstation Hits are making a comeback.

PS-Hits-755x425.jpg

I avoid these like the plague. Strictly for OCD issues. Don't own a single greatest hits PS3 game, and only 2 on PS2 and 2 on PS1.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I avoid these like the plague. Strictly for OCD issues. Don't own a single greatest hits PS3 game, and only 2 on PS2 and 2 on PS1.

For me, it's price. All of these are great games, but some can be found cheaper. I just don't feel like $20 justifies some of these games.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I mean, I bought bloodborne new for $18 back in 2015. At least the red box is cool! But what about games like second son, the order, HZD? Exclusives that would compel folk to buy and say “gee willickers, these are dope shits dog”

rather than titles that were mostly free on pen anyway lol

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
All of those games are being sold at that price already in many countries. This also reeks of cheapness from Sony. Vanilla releases of SFV and Bloodborne?! Many of these games have already been part of the PS+ line-up, or most likely will be.

You know, the one thing that would actually make me spend money on one of these is if they included all the post-launch patches on disc. But they'll probably use the same old masters, meaning the SFV disc will more or less be useless.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
This reeks more of the old Greatest Hits line of games. (I'm not above buying those if I missed them the first time.; case in point, my KH 1.5. It was PS3 greatest hits!)

That said, none of those are games I'm interested in. My brother has been trying to push me to buy Ratchet and Clank, but I'm all "you moron, that's not my kinda game; get your own PS4!" (If you didn't guess, I ain't sharing my console.)

This may be the start though; we may see more games later and if there's one I'd like..I might snap it up considering I don't have PS+. Mind, Greatest Hits has always been reprints of games that went out of print as I recall. Don't hit me if I'm wrong, though.

Back