• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I still play my PSP and my Vita haha. But I know I'm in the minority.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
psplus-homepage-marquee-portal-01-us-02oct18

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I was reading a patent Sony filed concerning instantly bettering the models of an older game in an emulator app, which a site wrongly described as the PS5 possibly being backwards compatible with the PS4, and it got me thinking of how profitable it would be for Sony and devs to just not make the PS5 BC because devs can pull cash from even more ports for the PS5, seeing as how the PS5 will most certainly be centered on 4k resolution, and devs will remaster their games in that scale.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yo I'm pretty hyped for Yakuza. It's been on my list to get into the series and I'm stoked it's a free game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I was reading a patent Sony filed concerning instantly bettering the models of an older game in an emulator app, which a site wrongly described as the PS5 possibly being backwards compatible with the PS4, and it got me thinking of how profitable it would be for Sony and devs to just not make the PS5 BC because devs can pull cash from even more ports for the PS5, seeing as how the PS5 will most certainly be centered on 4k resolution, and devs will remaster their games in that scale.

It'll be harder to re-release remasters on PS5 that were widely available on PS4/XBO and also now already have a Steam port (being able to put games on PC for the first time has played a huge part in terms of which games have been remastered). At best it'll be digital only 4K editions.

If anything, not having PS5 be BC with physical PS4 games would hurt its sales. If Sony gets that arrogant again, Microsoft will swoop in and say the new Xbox can play all the One games, as well as the enhanced BC games for OG Xbox and 360 + of course Ultra HD movies. Game over for Sony, if that happens.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I still play my PSP and my Vita haha. But I know I'm in the minority.

I'm more far gone than you apparently. Never picked up the Vita. The library never called to me.

But I also haven't picked up a Switch. There's one in our house, but it's my partners. If the portable gaming market has finally shifted to cellular devices, then we've caught up with other markets. I'm not mad. There'll always be something.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
PSN name changes are finally coming.

We’re happy to announce that we will soon begin testing the long-awaited feature that will allow users to change their PlayStation Network Online ID from their PlayStation 4 system. The PSN Online ID Change feature beta will be a part of the PlayStation Preview Program, and will become available to select users that have pre-registered as testers for previous PlayStation 4 system software betas.

During the preview, you will be able to change your online ID as many times as you want. The first change is free, and changes after that will cost €9.99/£7.99. For PlayStation Plus members, it will cost €4.99/£3.99 after the first change. Changes to online ID can be made through the Settings menu or the Profile page of your PS4.

When you change your online ID, you will have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID, so your friends can recognize you. Once you decide to display your old ID or not, you won’t be able to adjust this after completing the online ID change process.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after 1st April 2018, and a large majority of the most played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games.

If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change.

The preview program for this feature is planned to conclude at the end of November 2018. The full roll-out of the feature to all PS4 owners is planned for early 2019, so stay tuned for updates down the road!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm hoping they free up old usernames that have been in active since 2010 or earlier.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Japan definitely has a way better set of games. I may be biased because I'm an rpg fan, but I would have been more likely to grab this had we gotten the games they did.

Pokie

I like the theory that they are waiting and stepping back and seeing what Microsoft is doing with the XBOX before doing anything related to the PS5.

TheMostRad

I feel like they're still going to drop trailers and what-have-you around that timeframe, probably in the same vein as a Nintendo Direct update. Either that, or I'm hoping they're playing their cards like Bethesda and holding off on any announcements until they're ready to drop that sweet sweet God of War sequel within 6 months.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Company's ditching e3 isn't unprecedented. Especially when many are opting to making their own thing, a la Nintendo Directs and Treehouse. Sony might just do the same.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Company's ditching e3 isn't unprecedented. Especially when many are opting to making their own thing, a la Nintendo Directs and Treehouse. Sony might just do the same.
Sony have said that they won't be doing their own thing either.

Back