• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheMostRad

Sony have said that they won't be doing their own thing either.

Well, dang. Here's to hoping Sucker Punch still drops some Ghost of Tsushima deets somewhere, b/c looking back over the slate, that's realistically the only thing that's caught my eye and potentially slated for next year.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sony’s Educational Toy Platform “toio” Launches In Japan On March 20 - Siliconera

20190117_035228_thumb.jpg

The Nintendo Labo-

err...

Sony Labo-

err...

Sony's "toio" looks interesting. I feel it's like Nintendo and Apple did a joint Labo project.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I'm having some problems with my PS4 and I'm hoping anyone can help me here. Okay, so for some reason whenever I use rest mode, it does it usually stuff but after a second or so, it turns itself back on and spits out my disc.

Not only that, when I put the disc back to play more it wouldn't go in. Almost like it's still ejecting the disc out even though it is already out to begin with.

Is anyone having trouble like that? I'd hate to still have it when KH3 is out..

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So, I'm having some problems with my PS4 and I'm hoping anyone can help me here. Okay, so for some reason whenever I use rest mode, it does it usually stuff but after a second or so, it turns itself back on and spits out my disc.

Not only that, when I put the disc back to play more it wouldn't go in. Almost like it's still ejecting the disc out even though it is already out to begin with.

Is anyone having trouble like that? I'd hate to still have it when KH3 is out..

My suggestion would be to try troubleshooting the system.

- turn off power, unplug all the cords and reconnect the whole thing again

or

- hold the power button until you hear two beeps

Let me know if that helps. Otherwise you'll have to contact Sony customer support about it. And I hope you have it settled before KH3!

Roxie1563

Awards
My suggestion would be to try troubleshooting the system.

- turn off power, unplug all the cords and reconnect the whole thing again

or

- hold the power button until you hear two beeps

Let me know if that helps. Otherwise you'll have to contact Sony customer support about it. And I hope you have it settled before KH3!

I see.. I'll try it in the morning as soon as I can. And how do I know if it works with the beeps? I'm deaf, so that might be a problem.

I do hope I don't need to contact Sony Service that soon. :/

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
How old is the PS4?

Seems the first models seemed to develop this. I don't know how to fix it, but diagnosing it is a good start, and if all else fails, call tech support.

Yes, you might have to send it in if it is the problem I read about. Yes, since we only got 8 days left, you might end up playing KH3 a little late. But better that than annoying problem.

Roxie1563

Awards
How old is the PS4?

Seems the first models seemed to develop this. I don't know how to fix it, but diagnosing it is a good start, and if all else fails, call tech support.

Yes, you might have to send it in if it is the problem I read about. Yes, since we only got 8 days left, you might end up playing KH3 a little late. But better that than annoying problem.

I've had it since the first day it came out alongside with InFamous: Second Son and that was 2014. So quite long enough.

True, but I don't know why it took this long and I'm quite frustrated at it, lol.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I don't blame you.

Here's what Sony says about this.

If none of that works, you are staring down a tech support call and possibly sending it to Sony. Make sure you got a FAT32/exFAT usb hdd and back up your HDD before you send it in-- Just in case. I've heard that sometimes they send you a new PS4 and in that case, I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that I can put my stuff back on my own in case they botch transferring my stuff. I wish you luck. Worst case scenario is you'll need to get a new ps4, which will stink really bad. (That'll only happen if it's too expensive to fix.)

Also in case you're curious, here's where I originally read about this problem. I also have a older model PS4, so I might be staring down this eventually, but mine's been a trooper.

Oh and btw, that reminds me. *backs up her PS4 hdd while she's thinking about it* Good luck with this; this sounds like it really stinks. Also with the beeps thing; I was checking a video and it's 1 when you first hit power button, another about 5 seconds later if you keep your finger on the button, so you should be able to get away with using a timer instead before you let go. (One that works for hearing impaired folks). Just start the timer when you first put your finger on the button. if it works, you'll see something about "connect a controller"; that gets it into safe mode btw. ^^ Where you can run some diagnostics; it really looks like the only problem for a deaf person is the beeps, since the safe mode screen is well..on your screen. ^^

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sony's not going to be at E3. What's everybody's thoughts on that?

I think it's weak. Do they not have anything lined up or anything to show in development? Maybe it's just an odd year where most of their projects are in the very early stages.

Roxie1563

Awards
I don't blame you.

Here's what Sony says about this.

If none of that works, you are staring down a tech support call and possibly sending it to Sony. Make sure you got a FAT32/exFAT usb hdd and back up your HDD before you send it in-- Just in case. I've heard that sometimes they send you a new PS4 and in that case, I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that I can put my stuff back on my own in case they botch transferring my stuff. I wish you luck. Worst case scenario is you'll need to get a new ps4, which will stink really bad. (That'll only happen if it's too expensive to fix.)

Also in case you're curious, here's where I originally read about this problem. I also have a older model PS4, so I might be staring down this eventually, but mine's been a trooper.

Oh and btw, that reminds me. *backs up her PS4 hdd while she's thinking about it* Good luck with this; this sounds like it really stinks. Also with the beeps thing; I was checking a video and it's 1 when you first hit power button, another about 5 seconds later if you keep your finger on the button, so you should be able to get away with using a timer instead before you let go. (One that works for hearing impaired folks). Just start the timer when you first put your finger on the button. if it works, you'll see something about "connect a controller"; that gets it into safe mode btw. ^^ Where you can run some diagnostics; it really looks like the only problem for a deaf person is the beeps, since the safe mode screen is well..on your screen. ^^

I see.. Thanks for the help!

As for now, I am taking it easy to avoid any more complications than it is. Not only that, it'd hold off calling Tech Support. :/

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I see.. Thanks for the help!

As for now, I am taking it easy to avoid any more complications than it is. Not only that, it'd hold off calling Tech Support. :/

My PS4 does the very same thing, but it doesn't happen in Sleep Mode. It's the reason as to why I have to own only digital games, and as to why I cannot replay the Phantom Pain: I got it physical before the PS4 starting doing this.

If you read deeper into the issue, Sony got cheap with the PS4's production and it's why it has a lame processor, Jaguar something, and it ejects discs after some time of use.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah Ballad; it seems sometimes the problem is a rubber foot under the eject button (that some people who have this problem rip out with a pair of pliers); but the only sure fix is to call Sony really, who will either fix this or send you a referb.

I just recommend before any serious tech call you back up first. USB HDD's are not too expensive and it could save you a headache later. And since with me I <3 physical console games, you'd better believe i'd call if it started spitting out disks for no reason. (I'm old skool that way. You should see my games shelf.)

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yeah Ballad; it seems sometimes the problem is a rubber foot under the eject button (that some people who have this problem rip out with a pair of pliers); but the only sure fix is to call Sony really, who will either fix this or send you a referb.

I just recommend before any serious tech call you back up first. USB HDD's are not too expensive and it could save you a headache later. And since with me I <3 physical console games, you'd better believe i'd call if it started spitting out disks for no reason. (I'm old skool that way. You should see my games shelf.)

I'm the same way. Even if there's a crazy sale, I won't buy a digital game if there is a physical version available. I almost don't even have room for all of my physical games, I still have everything from way back to my N64 carts and PS1 discs and everything.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm the same way. Even if there's a crazy sale, I won't buy a digital game if there is a physical version available. I almost don't even have room for all of my physical games, I still have everything from way back to my N64 carts and PS1 discs and everything.

I've been wanting to get the Slim PS4, but honestly, I've gotten used to owning digital, and I'm giving my Switch more love.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
All right, gang! The time has come for me to ask this.

Do I go for the regular PS4 or the Pro?

The only benefit I initially see from the Pro is if I have a 4K television, which I don't, but are there any other benefits the Pro has even though I don't have 4K? Or is my sweet self better off getting the normal PS4?

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Fudge; what I can see is some games have higher framerates with the Pro, even with no 4k, (KH3 is one of those) and if you play PSVR, you need the Pro for the extra processing power. (At least from talking with some local gamers here.)

The difference otherwise from all reports is not huge. So I'd say in your case..Go with what is easier to afford, unless you're going to go VR at all.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Fudge; what I can see is some games have higher framerates with the Pro, even with no 4k, (KH3 is one of those) and if you play PSVR, you need the Pro for the extra processing power. (At least from talking with some local gamers here.)

The difference otherwise from all reports is not huge. So I'd say in your case..Go with what is easier to afford, unless you're going to go VR at all.
Hmm, welp! I'm not doing any of that VR stuff, and the higher framerate isn't something I care much about. So the regular PS4 it is then! :D

Back