• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The showcase was damn hype. Very excited for Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, and KotoR. Insomniac is on fire right now
Right? They've really got some great stuff going on right now and they're doing awesome doing it!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m hyped from all the announcements. God of War and Forspoken next year and Spider-Man and Wolverine beyond that. Lots to be excited for.

Also, we have a voice actress for Skuld!! It’s just not *that* Skuld. 😂

the red monster

Awards
Forspoken day 1.
GoW will buy on sale or something, because the 10$ upgrade is bs and i ain't supporting this.
otherwise pretty meh. spider-man is too far away to get hyped about.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I know Eve is just a hack n slash but the game sure does look graphically impressive. Forspoken looks interesting but man does it need character polishing. I really like the open world they created however. Sad FF XVI didn’t appear, but knowing SQEX they will showcase that by their own merits.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I know Eve is just a hack n slash but the game sure does look graphically impressive. Forspoken looks interesting but man does it need character polishing. I really like the open world they created however. Sad FF XVI didn’t appear, but knowing SQEX they will showcase that by their own merits.
I think Yoshida said something about they're trying to make it to TGS but that it might not be there. He wants the game to be in an actual polished state before they show more.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Forspoken day 1.
GoW will buy on sale or something, because the 10$ upgrade is bs and i ain't supporting this.
otherwise pretty meh. spider-man is too far away to get hyped about.

I can see the outrage for the games that were advertised as being free upgrades. However, AAA PS4 games cost $60 and AAA PS5 games cost $70. So you’re paying the difference for the premium product, which seems fair to me when more work is put into the PS5 version. (At least as fair as can realistically be expected coming from a corporation like Sony.)

It’s at least better than having to shell out $130 bucks for both versions as would be the case in previous console generations. Or the cross-gen games not releasing on PS4 at all.

Obviously, if you don’t feel a product isn’t worth the price, don’t buy it until it is. I just don’t see the upgrade fee as unexpected or a big deal. They’re already selling the PS5 at a loss, so they have to make their money back through the game sales. I’m honestly more surprised they’re allowing the upgrades for just $10 instead of charging full price.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Project Eve looks fucking unreal, the trailer blew me away tbh. Also the music absolutely rips

Forspoken also looks extremely promising but I can’t say the story has fully drawn me in yet. Super into the character design for the (presumed) villain, though

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
I can see the outrage for the games that were advertised as being free upgrades. However, AAA PS4 games cost $60 and AAA PS5 games cost $70. So you’re paying the difference for the premium product, which seems fair to me when more work is put into the PS5 version. (At least as fair as can realistically be expected coming from a corporation like Sony.)

It’s at least better than having to shell out $130 bucks for both versions as would be the case in previous console generations. Or the cross-gen games not releasing on PS4 at all.

Obviously, if you don’t feel a product isn’t worth the price, don’t buy it until it is. I just don’t see the upgrade fee as unexpected or a big deal. They’re already selling the PS5 at a loss, so they have to make their money back through the game sales. I’m honestly more surprised they’re allowing the upgrades for just $10 instead of charging full price.
On PC you don't need to pay to unlock extra graphical settings.
it's only worth it if the 3D audio and dualsense implementations are REALLY well done. (rift apart tier for example)
GoT upgrade is 10$ and it's trash. they better make it worth while if they asking extra for it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I felt the same way until last night, when I found out that Amy Henning is on the writing team.
Interesting, that may account for exactly what’s putting me off (no disrespect to her work). Feels too Hollywood. Which is fine, but I don’t go to Square Enix for a Hollywood diet. Still, I’m not not excited. Could’ve just been how the trailer was edited.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Just came here to say that paying $10 extra because of current gen is unnecessary and predatory. Video game development costs have always risen as the years and gaming console generations pass, yet the $59.99 price tag was always there. Microsoft is still charging the same for their games, be it first party or third/multiplatform; Sony is not selling the regular PS5 at a loss, hell, they waited for Microsoft to announce their price in order to announce theirs; there are mulitplatform games available for PS5 that have the $59.99 price tag (some are $10 extra). This is a matter of Sony being greedy, predatory and not wanting to adjust their profit margins.

But then again, you can't expect much from a company whose only "decent" department is their gaming division.

---

Edit:

You as a consumer shouldn't be paying for a corporation's poor business tactics.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just came here to say that paying $10 extra because of current gen is unnecessary and predatory. Video game development costs have always risen as the years and gaming console generations pass, yet the $59.99 price tag was always there. Microsoft is still charging the same for their games, be it first party or third/multiplatform; Sony is not selling the regular PS5 at a loss, hell, they waited for Microsoft to announce their price in order to announce theirs; there are mulitplatform games available for PS5 that have the $59.99 price tag (some are $10 extra). This is a matter of Sony being greedy, predatory and not wanting to adjust their profit margins.

But then again, you can't expect much from a company whose only "decent" department is their gaming division.

---

Edit:

You as a consumer shouldn't be paying for a corporation's poor business tactics.

The $59.99 price tag wasn’t always there. For PlayStation, they only went up to $60 in the PS3 era.

Not trying to advocate for Sony; more just explain the way I see their decisions. There are legitimate financial reasons for needing to charge more for games with the primary one being inflation. The average PS1 game was $49.99 in 1995. That’s about $85 adjusted for inflation in 2020. The $70 they’re getting for PS5 games isn’t as valuable as the $50 they were getting for PS1 games.

Price increases always suck, but they’re unfortunately inevitable as long as the economy continues to inflate. I have no doubt that Microsoft will eventually increase their prices once they feel they can justify it.

At least Sony is doing it now while people are deciding which console they want, so they can choose to not buy the PS5 if they don’t want to spend more on the games. Microsoft is going to wait until people have already bought their system to raise the prices on them later. Both companies are greedy; they’re just taking different approaches on how to get your money.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is in its corner refusing to ever lower the price of its first party games. So they can probably hold out longer before raising their launch prices. But they’ll do it too sooner or later.

the red monster

Awards
Nintendo's prices will go up whenever they release switch 2. they would've done it now if they could.
i'm fine with native ps5 games being 70$. i bought rift apart, and i felt it was worth it. but cross-gen costing 70$? heck no. i will wait for them to drop to 60$ or below (via sale) as they should be.
microsoft is trying to win people over so they being friendly for now. but it's only a matter of time till game pass price will go up.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Pre-ordered a WD_Black SN850 M.2 SSD with Heatsink 2TB that should arrive at the start of November. A tad annoyed that it charged me the full amount, $800 AUD, instead of taking a deposit but oh well.

I've not really had any issues breaching the 650GB cap or whatever it is on PS5 so far. I have two games at 100GB each, two games around 45-60 GB, and the other 6 don't go above 20 GB. I imagine it'd get a bit harder to juggle games later on down the track if more and more sizes balloon up like Avengers and Assassin's Creed Valhalla has.

It'd be nice to have games that I don't feel like playing sitting on the console for when I do feel like playing, like Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I've got Kena Bridge of Spirits downloading today in anticipation of its release on Tuesday; the devs said it's not a long game so it shouldn't take up too much space on my PS5 for long. I'm enjoying these weekend length games; Life is Strange True Colours was a joy with how short it was. I've been playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles for a month and a half now and I'm only at the end of the second case of the second game, and I'm only at the start of week 2 in Neo TWEWY and have no idea when I'll actually be finishing either of those.

Add in Lost Judgment this Friday, another long game, and I'm being kept busy for a while. I have Horizon Forbidden West on pre-order for next February, and whenever Lego Star Wars releases, but I'm debating on Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake, and the Warner Bros games.

COVID certainly hit the game industry hard but I'm amazed at how well they bounced back and have all these games coming.

2 quid is good

Awards
Just to add to the talk about price hikes, please look at it from an international perspective too, as the PAL region is being screwed over so hard. The UK has very rarely had to pay more than £45 for a game, very rarely are titles £50, and now we're being slapped with £70 prices, its the same for continental Europe but in euros.

You might be able to talk yourselves into accepting the $70 price hike, but the PAL increase is insane, it makes our games over $90 when you convert, and I think in Australia it might be over 100, but I'm not certain on that. Considering the huge issues with PS5 pre orders that Europe is STILL having, plus the pandemic PLUS the price hike, I really don't expect games to do as well as they used to, and I won't be upset about that because Sony is taking an entire continent for granted.

EDIT: just to add, as far as I'm aware, by looking at PS1 and Mega drive cases that still have price tags on them from my really young days/my dad's prime days, games in the UK have always been around the 50 Mark. I think only Nintendo were a cut cheaper than the rest for a long time

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
and I think in Australia it might be over 100
Some PS5 games are now $125 AUD instead of $100 AUD, but for the last couple of years the pricing has gone to that level on the PS4 so I wasn't too shocked by it. I'm more shocked by some games launching these days at $85-90 AUD.

2 quid is good

Awards
Some PS5 games are now $125 AUD instead of $100 AUD, but for the last couple of years the pricing has gone to that level on the PS4 so I wasn't too shocked by it. I'm more shocked by some games launching these days at $85-90 AUD.
Oh wow... That is pain...

Back