• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora cant be able to use drive forms once ventus is rescued

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidsawr

If sora can use the second keyblade because ventus's hearts took refuge inside him, and if the seven guardians are gathered together/rescued/saved (which presumably includes ventus), then would sora lose his second keyblade. And with out two keyblades, valor, master, and final forms arent gonna really work.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
But how would you explain roxas' second keyblade?

Remember, he had Ven's heart inside of him after he separated from Sora. He was wielding Ven's key blade alongside his own

Sora should still be able to use drive forms even without one extra keyblade

Light

faster than
Awards
I believe I read somewhere that the Japanese translation for the ability Synch Blade is in fact Sora splitting his Keyblade in two.

edit - or I may indeed be plain wrong, I can't find where I read it now. Something will be thought up though, considering the dual pistols, I think.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.
link: BBS Ultimania - 20 Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Sora will lose the second keyblade but his drives are to do with his clothes so he won't lose that.

Noel

Awards
And with the apparent dual wielding guns and giant cannon in his arsenal in KH3. I doubt there isn't going to be any worry. I suspect Sora can have a weapon that can be split in half to form two weapons. I could see that since there are some keyblades that have two bridges/blades on them. Design wise it makes sense.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
With Keyblade transformations, it pretty much renders dual-wielding obsolete anyways.

(But watch, there will probably be a plot point that will allow Sora to keep the ability due to Sora's ability to connect to the hearts of his friends)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's what I figured with my theory on clothes evolution; that will basically give him dual wielding...via splitting his weapon, not b/c he has two hearts inside him! I'm sure he'll find out pretty quickly, since Ven's more conscious, I bet he'll really stir and wake up during KH3. (Hopefully if Sora hasn't figured out how to give Ven his heart back by then, he'll be able to talk to Ven and come to a understanding until he can.)

Davidsawr

With Keyblade transformations, it pretty much renders dual-wielding obsolete anyways.

(But watch, there will probably be a plot point that will allow Sora to keep the ability due to Sora's ability to connect to the hearts of his friends)

Like the scene in DDD where sora is all like "My friends are my strength" or something like that.I think dual wielding has been so ingrained into KH that it will have to show up. Once you start wrecking with oblivion and oathkeeper, there isnt any turning back.

That's what I figured with my theory on clothes evolution; that will basically give him dual wielding...via splitting his weapon, not b/c he has two hearts inside him! I'm sure he'll find out pretty quickly, since Ven's more conscious, I bet he'll really stir and wake up during KH3. (Hopefully if Sora hasn't figured out how to give Ven his heart back by then, he'll be able to talk to Ven and come to a understanding until he can.)

Young Ansem or Xehanort or whichever kept hinting about Ventus to Sora in DDD but he didnt really get it so it will most likely require the intervention of mickey or yen sid.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
David; I think Sora didn't get it because..Ventus is asleep and has been basically been unconscious for years b/c he got badly, badly hurt and needed Sora's heart as life support. Otherwise Ventus's presence would be really obvious (Memory flashes, etc.). Remember when he had Kairi's heart? And even then he didn't get it until it was out and out pointed out to him and Kairi yelled at him from within in KH1.

If Ventus wakes up, Sora'll really know something is off, and I hope he'll find a way to talk to him a bit or get help. I'm guessing he long forgot that he let Ventus into his heart btw. One don't remember much when they're four years old after all.

But considering from the spoilers I read that Ventus actually did something in DDD, I think he's close to waking up; The Xenohort crew did try their best to shake up Ventus's heart after all to distract Sora, or that's the way I understand it. Which means if he wakes up first, I hope Sora can come to a understanding so they can coexist long enough for Sora to get Ventus back to his body.

I do think Mickey or Yen Sid'll bluntly point out that he's carrying Ventus's heart however; after DDD, I think they'd proly give Sora some pretty explicit warnings so that particular crap won't happen again, if not a little training if there's time. Not saying that Sora won't get more crap flung at him tho lol, if there wasn't there wouldn't be a game.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Shouldn't Sora just be able to use two Keyblades? No extra bullshit needed? He's a pretty cool guy, he deserves a second key.

Davidsawr

David; I think Sora didn't get it because..Ventus is asleep and has been basically been unconscious for years b/c he got badly, badly hurt and needed Sora's heart as life support. Otherwise Ventus's presence would be really obvious (Memory flashes, etc.). Remember when he had Kairi's heart? And even then he didn't get it until it was out and out pointed out to him and Kairi yelled at him from within in KH1.

If Ventus wakes up, Sora'll really know something is off, and I hope he'll find a way to talk to him a bit or get help. I'm guessing he long forgot that he let Ventus into his heart btw. One don't remember much when they're four years old after all.

But considering from the spoilers I read that Ventus actually did something in DDD, I think he's close to waking up; The Xenohort crew did try their best to shake up Ventus's heart after all to distract Sora, or that's the way I understand it. Which means if he wakes up first, I hope Sora can come to a understanding so they can coexist long enough for Sora to get Ventus back to his body.

I do think Mickey or Yen Sid'll bluntly point out that he's carrying Ventus's heart however; after DDD, I think they'd proly give Sora some pretty explicit warnings so that particular crap won't happen again, if not a little training if there's time. Not saying that Sora won't get more crap flung at him tho lol, if there wasn't there wouldn't be a game.

Is that why you fight the ventus armor as Riku in DDD when trying to wake sora up?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Someone said that they saw Sora in one of his Forms during the exclusive raw footage. Could it be possible that, since he can't Dual Wield, Drive Forms will be utilized in another way? Will Drive Forms be the key *snort* to Sora utilizing those Keyblade transformations? It would make sense, seeing as how in KH3 we'll rescue the people inside Sora's heart that can make him wield two Keyblades at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back