• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora from Kingdom Hearts announced as a new DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Unfortunately this is probably just the beginning for Sora cameos in other games. Which is why I was hoping that this never happened. I'm happy for Smash fans that they got their wish though, but I'm bracing for Sora in Fortnite.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Just look at the date I joined. That's still not how long I've been waiting for this day. Vindication and victory never felt so sweet! LONG LIVE SORA!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unfortunately this is probably just the beginning for Sora cameos in other games. Which is why I was hoping that this never happened. I'm happy for Smash fans that they got their wish though, but I'm bracing for Sora in Fortnite.
Unfortunately? I'm honestly glad this broke the dam. I want to see Sora in everything under the sun--even Fortnite.

I want Sora in a traditional side-scrolling fighting game like idk Soul Caliber. I want Sora in a bunch of mobile games just because. Whenever the hell Mirrorverse comes out in the US officially, he should be in that. Disney Heroes: Battle Mode? Fuck yeah. Sorcerer's Arena? Yes please. Marvel's Midnight Sons? Whatever! Go for it. Genshin Impact? FUCK.

Do it all, SE xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just look at the date I joined. That's still not how long I've been waiting for this day. Vindication and victory never felt so sweet! LONG LIVE SORA!
You still have the modified Moogle image in your signature from many many years ago. You have waited for this for a long time!

Awards
Never gonna happen. KH in Robot Chicken was purely cuz parody laws protect them from having to deal with the mouse, and Sora in Smash was basically a six year long negotiation.

That and Fortnite's still a shooter.

With IRL guns. Like the AK-47.

I don't think Disney or Nomura would be fine with the MC of what is still considered a Disney kids game to be basically a glorified reskin running around shooting people with an AK-47 compared to someone like Venom or Guile doing the same thing.

Think of it like a reverse version of the Mai situation when Terry Bogard was revealed for Smash.

Also here's a big thing.

In Smash, he's an actual character.

In Fortnite, he'd basically be what some people thought he'd be in Smash, a fucking Mii Costume.

Last edited:

LostArtist

Awards
I play smash sometimes at parties, etc, but I don’t actually own it. I’m a casual player, but this is actually freaking awesome and I might just buy it for our boy Sora💙💙💙. It looks so good!!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hah guess i have a reason to dig up my copy of Smash Bros. I'm planning on trying to get a good handle on him, seems like a good choice for my main.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Never gonna happen. KH in Robot Chicken was purely cuz parody laws protect them from having to deal with the mouse, and Sora in Smash was basically a six year long negotiation.

That and Fortnite's still a shooter.

With IRL guns. Like the AK-47.

I don't think Disney or Nomura would be fine with the MC of what is still considered a Disney kids game to be basically a glorified reskin running around shooting people with an AK-47 compared to someone like Venom or Guile doing the same thing.

Think of it like a reverse version of the Mai situation when Terry Bogard was revealed for Smash.

Also here's a big thing.

In Smash, he's an actual character.

In Fortnite, he'd basically be what some people thought he'd be in Smash, a fucking Mii Costume.
If Sora does get into Fortnite - imagine Sora in a squad with Naruto, Goku and Peter Griffin

Soldier

Awards
Scala could have been a real cool stage now that I think about it. You could of had Xehanort and his armored replicas attacking you while fighting your opponent. Plus the stage could change like with his boss fight
I think we're all missing the reasoning for KH 1 Hollow Bastion being a stage. Typically, they choose a stage that is representative of the franchise in question such as Midgar for FF7, with all the summons and what not, Bayonetta's umbran clocktower, etc. Scala ad Caelum, while visually beautiful, only really ties into the Square Enix / Final fantasy side of Sora, while ignoring the Disney half. Instead of putting him in a Disney world (which would be impossible and a copyright nightmare), they went with Hollow Bastion which is a Disney/original world hybrid in the KH 1 incarnation. Think about it, it's a beautiful castle twisted with Maleficent's thorny influence, but still displays the magic that is endemic to both franchises, such as the rising falls. I think that's more important than just giving us a pretty area to fight in, choosing what makes the most sense for the character it represents.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
AABSLyAACbmK.jpg

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 is looking pretty good, guys. Shame they still couldn't get Crash.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm happy for those who play Smash, own Nintendo, whatever. My only thought was it's amazing to me that SE is aware enough that the Hollow Bastion castle is the series' most iconic location... And yet we haven't been able to traverse that castle or the falls since the first game.

Soldier

Awards
I'm happy for those who play Smash, own Nintendo, whatever. My only thought was it's amazing to me that SE is aware enough that the Hollow Bastion castle is the series' most iconic location... And yet we haven't been able to traverse that castle or the falls since the first game.
Technically, we HAVE been able to access both the castle and falls. KH 2 has us go to Ansem's computer room, which is in the castle's basement (not the castle itself, but still pretty important, I'm sure most of those corridors cluttered with pipes and debris lead to the upper levels). As for the rising falls, KH 2 FM gives us a taste of what they look like now in the garden of assemblage, as that area is in the exact same position as it was in KH 1, complete with the upside down waterfalls.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Scarcity is key to value.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Well, it's been 20 years. I don't think we'd be getting overdosed if we see it again at this point, lol. Should've been in 2 and 3 both.

The necessary parts were in KH2, were they not? I don't think a gratuitous dungeon run through the castle that doesn't serve a narrative purpose would have been of any benefit, myself.

As for KH3, same feeling. There doesn't seem to be any narrative reason to go there but is kept on the periphery of the plot for later use.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The necessary parts were in KH2, were they not? I don't think a gratuitous dungeon run through the castle that doesn't serve a narrative purpose would have been of any benefit, myself.
Naturally, you can figure out that I don't agree with either of your points, but this one in particular is striking to me. I think that's /exactly/ what KH2 needed instead of 20 worlds of nondescript hallways. It's omission in KH3 is more a case of the game needing a midpoint as well as the lacking sense of completion to the trilogy its absence leaves; Hollow Bastion is sort of a key point in all that's happened in that series on top of all the characters that come from there, nevermind its significance to fans as evidenced by its inclusion here which would have been reason enough all by itself for them to want to have it there at the end of the arc. But whatever floats your boat?

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Naturally, you can figure out that I don't agree with either of your points, but this one in particular is striking to me. I think that's /exactly/ what KH2 needed instead of 20 worlds of nondescript hallways. It's omission in KH3 is more a case of the game needing a midpoint as well as the lacking sense of completion to the trilogy its absence leaves; Hollow Bastion is sort of a key point in all that's happened in that series on top of all the characters that come from there, nevermind its significance to fans as evidenced by its inclusion here which would have been reason enough all by itself for them to want to have it there at the end of the arc. But whatever floats your boat?

Significance to fans is completely irrelevant and should have zero impact on the storyteller.

The kingdom hearts fandom would spontaneously combust if Nomura did a Lynch and Frost. 25 years after Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, S3 of Twin Peaks comes out only to spend the vast majority of its 18 hours outside the town of Twin Peaks with a brand new cast, have its old main cast from the town itself be glorified cameos, have the main, iconic, beloved character appear for like 20 minutes in the whole season, give zero mysteries an answer, create 800 new mysteries, end the season (and whole series) on an even bigger WTF than the one 25 years prior, and put the whole genie back into the bottle by making those answers given before invalid.

It infuriated and broke the hearts of many fans.

It was a devasting demonstration of why nostalgia is not enough. How you can't go back home. How the past only haunts. It was a masterpiece and one of the greatest artworks ever made. Imagine they tried to appease fans while making it.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I get what your getting at but there area few locations i kind of just would like to revisit and think could be nice places for side quest Radiant Guarden's Castle and Destiny Islands being such places.

I kind of just would like to see the worlds our heroes call home in more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back