• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora has three bodies?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caius

I'm a little confused about the Sora, Roxas, Namine situation. From my understanding, a Nobody is what's left over (the body and soul) when a Heart leaves someone's body and becomes a Heartless. So a nobody is just that person's body and soul without a heart. But when Sora stabbed himself he created two Nobodies - Namime (from Kairi's Heart) and Roxas (from his heart). How can his one body and soul create two different Nobodys? He doesn't have 2 souls and 2 bodies left over for them to be born from. Then Kairi restores his Heart giving another body and another soul. Even in KH, how is this possible?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You mistook something here. There's only one body and soul...and these are occupied by Roxas at that time.

Sora himself after being purified by Kairi is just a floating heart with a physical shell resembling a human body.
Naminé has neither a body nor a soul...her physical appearance's origin is not yet clear...it might however be that she isn't even a nobody...Ansem the Wise only used that term because he had no better one.

Nevertheless, both Roxas and Naminé are very special cases after all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think I wish to correct Sephiroth0812's statement.

Naminé gained her "body" from a piece of Sora. While it isn't a body in the conventional sense (conventional for KH, that is), it is what gives her a physical structure.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I've gathered in my head that Roxas is made of Sora's body and soul, while Namine is somehow made from an unknown body and Kairi's soul. Which I think why she unconscious in KH1? Wasn't because her heart is made of pure light? I'm confused. I need an explanation or to figure this out again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've gathered in my head that Roxas is made of Sora's body and soul, while Namine is somehow made from an unknown body and Kairi's soul. Which I think why she unconscious in KH1? Wasn't because her heart is made of pure light? I'm confused. I need an explanation or to figure this out again.

I just said it in my above post. Naminé gained her "body" from a piece of Sora's body. When Kairi's heart was ejected from Sora's body, a tiny piece of Kairi and Sora were broken off which allowed Naminé to come into existence and why she is so special.

Kairi, in KH1, was unconscious because her Heart was in Sora's body. A Heartless wasn't created from her Heart leaving her body because she has a heart of pure Light.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think I wish to correct Sephiroth0812's statement.

Naminé gained her "body" from a piece of Sora. While it isn't a body in the conventional sense (conventional for KH, that is), it is what gives her a physical structure.

Rly? So like Nami took a finger of Sora and molded it into a physical shell? (jk) ;)

Seriously, if Naminé really took something from Sora she would have to give it back...just like Roxas had to eventually. When exactly did she do that?

blueheart said:
Kairi's soul + an unknown body can't be, because if you separate body and soul the being dies (see the Secret Ansem Report 4 for detail)...and Kairi is not dead.
Kairi was comatose in KH 1 because she lost her heart. The heart hid inside Sora's, that's why Naminé was born from Sora's body and soul and therefore has power over his memories.
And yes, the body of Kairi remained where it was because her heart wasn't overtaken by darkness. Every heart that gets "lost" doesn't have always to become a heartless. If the heart is lost without being overtaken by its own darkness (or captured by darkness, in the case of an other heartless stealing the heart), the body remains comatose.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rly? So like Nami took a finger of Sora and molded it into a physical shell? (jk) ;)

Seriously, if Naminé really took something from Sora she would have to give it back...just like Roxas had to eventually. When exactly did she do that?

Hey, don't ask me hard questions! I'm not smart enough for this!

Lol, but really, idk if she gave the tiny piece of body she borrowed. I mean, she was a bit ghostly near the end of KH2. -shrugs-

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hey, don't ask me hard questions! I'm not smart enough for this!

Lol, but really, idk if she gave the tiny piece of body she borrowed. I mean, she was a bit ghostly near the end of KH2. -shrugs-

Thehe, ok then.

I thought that "ghostliness" in KH 2 was more because her existence in itself wasn't that stable and she started really to "blink" out once she came in close proximity of Kairi.

Where was it stated that she got a piece of Sora's body? *curious*

blueheart

Bronze Member
I thought that "ghostliness" in KH 2 was more because her existence in itself wasn't that stable and she started really to "blink" out once she came in close proximity of Kairi.

Then how come they were able to hold hands running through TWTNW together?

God, I hated that.......

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Then how come they were able to hold hands running through TWTNW together?

God, I hated that.......

If you look closely you'll notice that Naminé is constantly fading in-and-out of existence, it's very likely that it is her strong will that keeps her from being absorbed into Kairi right on the spot.
She has still a task to fulfill there.

It's not like that Naminé didn't have a physical form...it's just that it wasn't a "body" in the terms of KH which is one of the three main parts making a complete existence (memories, the will and the mind are arguably the secondary parts of an existence).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thehe, ok then.

Where was it stated that she got a piece of Sora's body? *curious*

"Naminé emerged as Kairi's Nobody...but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora." Secret Ansem Report 10 from KH2

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"Naminé emerged as Kairi's Nobody...but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora." Secret Ansem Report 10 from KH2

Hmm...that could indeed be interpreted as if Roxas and Naminé were somehow "sharing" Sora's body and soul between them...*ggg*

Still, I thought it was said later on also by Ansem that it was ultimately Roxas who kept Sora's body and soul, because he's his nobody and not Kairi's...and Ansem was clearly quite confused on the issue of Naminé, that's for sure.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I think Namine had Kairi's soul, after Sora stabbed himself. I know it doesn't make sense but that is just my thought on it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He was, but he seemed to correct himself throughout the reports. Considering this was the last time he theorized on Namine, I think this was probably the true answer. I don't think it was saying they were sharing Sora's body and soul...

"She is a "non-being" in the truest sense of the word; having not even become a Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows."

That, from SAR #9, seems to imply she was made from the smallest bit of the origin source, that being Sora. In a sense, she was the dead skin of Sora. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Namine had Kairi's soul, after Sora stabbed himself. I know it doesn't make sense but that is just my thought on it.

Like said before, that wouldn't make sense when according to the Secret Ansem Report, separating body and soul would result in "death", so Naminé would have to had also Kairi's body, which we know isn't true.
Still, there's one possibility left:
If inside the KH-Universe (like in many other fantasy-universes) it is possible for souls to be split...then there would be a chance.

Ethnic Woman said:
He was, but he seemed to correct himself throughout the reports. Considering this was the last time he theorized on Namine, I think this was probably the true answer. I don't think it was saying they were sharing Sora's body and soul...

"She is a "non-being" in the truest sense of the word; having not even become a Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows."

That, from SAR #9, seems to imply she was made from the smallest bit of the origin source, that being Sora. In a sense, she was the dead skin of Sora. :3

Indeed...quite the interesting facts we have here.

Yup, Sora's dead skin, powered by Kairi's PoH-deus ex machina powers with Ventus's injured heart providing the hair color...*ggg*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah! Gettin' our dead skin/deus ex machina/Ven anomaly up in here~

I imagine later Nomura will pull the "SPLIT SOULS" thing from his behind. It is the only part of the entire being we haven't dealt with, and I don't think it is because Nomura doesn't care about it.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
You mistook something here. There's only one body and soul...and these are occupied by Roxas at that time.

Sora himself after being purified by Kairi is just a floating heart with a physical shell resembling a human body.
Naminé has neither a body nor a soul...her physical appearance's origin is not yet clear...it might however be that she isn't even a nobody...Ansem the Wise only used that term because he had no better one.

Nevertheless, both Roxas and Naminé are very special cases after all.

If Sora's a heart, why is he able to age like in KHII?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah! Gettin' our dead skin/deus ex machina/Ven anomaly up in here~

I imagine later Nomura will pull the "SPLIT SOULS" thing from his behind. It is the only part of the entire being we haven't dealt with, and I don't think it is because Nomura doesn't care about it.

Naminé frankly IS an anomaly...even more than Roxas is. True to science though, they say if you mix two different things together (Sora's body+soul and Ven's injured heart) you'll get something new => Roxas, lol.

But the formula for Naminé is more difficult to decipher.

Yep, I also have that feeling...Nomura really is not as stupid as some people make him to be...only his presentation skillz (or the ones of his staff, as he truly isn't alone responsible for everything) need some improvement.
Souls...yup, as well as the secondary parts mind as will are still left out...as memories have been dealt with often already.
I just remembered another secondary part of an existence in regard to the newest title: dreams, lol.
Those I would say are tied deeply to the mind and memories...and through the memories also to the heart.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
If Sora's a heart, why is he able to age like in KHII?

In the begining of KH2 Roxas joined with Sora, so Sora should've started to appear older then. The question is, why was he aging while he was asleep? Last time I checked, bodies aged, not hearts.

But that's a whole different topic.

On topic now,

Sora only has one body, not three. When he turned the Keyblade on himself in KH1, he released his Body and Heart and Kairi's Heart. Sora's heart became that Shadow, Kairi's went back into her and Sora's Body and Soul (with a little Ven) became Roxas. Little peices of Sora (maybe Kairi and Ven) became Namie. Kairi used her powers as a POH to free Sora's Heartless from the Darkness, giving him his physical form back. Simple stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back