• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora is the MOM? Theory (KH3RM/UXDR Spoilers) Please share your thoughts...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
Imagine that Sora, through all his struggles and nonsense, becomes the Master of Masters. How would that even play out? After his exploits in KW 2.0, he gets thrust into Yozora's world (or RINBO), faces some trials there then realizes that DARKNESS IS THE TRUE ENEMY? Does he then pull a Luke Skywalker and burn the old Keyblade Order down? No. That doesn't make sense. Can't suspend disbelief for that
People change from being a child to being an adult, I don't know why that would have to be experienced so quickly and directly. How does anyone's entire life "play out"?

I don't really want MoM to be Sora though (and it would kind of prevent a third saga from happening, if that's a thing) so, yknow, it doesn't really matter either way. Even if he somehow was I'm sure it would be much more complex than we are able to see from here.

IrishKeeper28

Sora was an islander born a few years before the events of BBS, but ACKSHUALLY he's a time traveler who fought in the ORIGINAL (pinky promise *wink*) Keyblade War where there were no other Keyblade Masters? Give me a break. I mean, Nomura probably did think of this as a possibility but it's just too far fetched.
Personally, the idea of Sora being the MOM has always bothered me. Why would Nomura insist on Sora being an average islander kid and THEN turn around and make him the very penultimate bad guy who created keyblades AND started the entire Keyblade War? No. I don't think even in his more cliche moments that Nomura would be that obtuse.

Nomura has always said Sora is a normal islander kid. It doesn't meant that he can't grow up to face some sort of trauma that sees him using powers he's had to go right back to the start of events.

SuperNova

Awards
Now that would be hilarious, the MOM messing around with destiny and fate and here comes this random kid that is a consequence of his actions.

D

Deleted member 252753

I still struggle with the idea that Sora is really just random kid with all the overtones of Destiny throughout. I mean, he has a voice that speaks to him, telling him that he has to save seven hearts and will open the door and the like. I don't know if that means he will be anyone else, necessarily but I don't think he was unaccounted for by the MoM (for me, a few other characters seem better candidates, like maybe Ven or Luxord).

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It could make sense given the context of KH3 and the concept of Worldlines.

Sora and all his friends were technically suppose to die in KH3. It said in the Book of Prophecies that "darkness will prevail, and light will expire". So it was suppose to happen. Sora using the Power of Waking to bring everyone back was a complete taboo that went against the nature of the world order. I'm not sure if this was said in the Ultimania or the something that was part of that big DDD theory, that Sora at the moment created two seperate timelines; one where they lived and one where they died. MoM is the Sora from the original timeline where everyone died and found a way, maybe years later in darkness-riddled world run by Xehanort, to use the Power of Waking or some other means to make sure everything happens differently this time. What his end goal is after that....? Yeah, that's kind of where the theory falls apart for me personally.

We don't really know what the end goal would be for a MoM character that is future Sora because certain actions contradict any reason for Sora to save his friends in the way he would or even become the Master of Masters in the first place. I mean, it could explain why Sora is as powerful as he is and does all this unexplainable shit besides "power of friendship". But assuming that would even be the plot for him, because I honestly can't see any other plot working for him that makes any sense, why would Sora go alllll the way back to the beginning of the EVERYTHING, just to save his friends in a different point in time so far removed from it. Why would Sora, a very simple boy with simple needs, make shit that complicated for him? And why would he even bother with the foretellers in the way that he does? I can see if he's just using them as pawns so that things can still happen the way they do, just differently but at the same time, why send Luxu off in the middle of nowhere and also make sure that he gives the ability to his or her apprentices to come back to the present time and... why? Why would he care if they were just pawns of he's a villian at this point? And If he's possibly coming back, what's the point of Sora disappearing anyway and probably coming back too?

You see, what doesn't make sense is any kind of end goal. All villains have one and it has to make sense with the actions he/she has taken prior. The reason people scratched their heads when Xehanort reveal his reason for doing all the horrible shit he did, he didn't make sense because it completely contradicts everything he has done or said prior. Sora being the MoM would more then likely run into the same problem ig they were going to do any kind of "MoM is Sora from the future" plot. There would be a lot of plot holes to fill in and maybe some retconing too, which leads to believe it most likely won't happen..

But would Noruma do it? Oh yeah, are kidding? Psh, Noruma is not above doing something like this at all. I just think it was probably one of the ideas he scrapped. But still, if it does turn out to be the case, like with Terra really being the guardian, he might do it if the thoey keeps gaining traction like it is; hell, he might already have it planned and if he does, he got some explaining to do lol

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I would rather not, just cause few here wants Sora to be more special then he already is but doesn’t mean I want it, I like Sora the way he is, he doesn’t need to be MoM, I like MoM and Sora but I prefer them both to be their own character, let’s keep the time travel stuff low please.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So the MoM is.... Just a black coat with no-one inside it? :p
No, I can't work out what that means. Do you have an idea?

Yes.

Kingdom-Hearts-Master-Xehanort.jpg

:p

(I just felt like the MoM himself should contribute to the discussion. My actual ideas stray a little too off-topic for this thread.)

About Sora being the MoM:
I don't like this theory because I hate to imagine what our Sora would have to go through to become this eccentric (and cynical?) mastermind as an adult (a miraculously-surviving Sora from the "Light expired" worldline might turn out like that, having lost all his friends... I'm interested as long as it's just an AU)—I want Sora to be safe and happy with his friends and partner-of-choice at some point, but I don't see this happening if his future self is going to be MoM. Yet I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a flash of "Sora"'s face under that hood at some point, just to f*** with us.

A couple of things would make Sora=MoM fun/ironic, though:
- Sora telling Xehanort that erasing everything to start anew is "not his decision to make" at the end of KH3
- Sora rewriting time anyway
- Sora always following his heart (and turning it into a motto as an adult)
- "You're letting the exams decide?"
- If the MoM is Sora, where's his hope?

SuperNova

Awards
Simply put I want MoM to be his own original character. Someone to wow me like Xehanort originally did. Sora is special enough as it is, he's one of my favorite characters, but there is only so much protagonist privilege specialness he should receive.

Plot Twist: MOM is really Noctis.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tchh that was part of the "MoM is a mirror" theory I was typing. XD
In before the MoM is a personification of Kingdom Hearts itself causing chaos in order to correct itself and, since the MoM is a mystery to everyone, he appears like exactly what a mystery is like in KH: a black coat.

It'd be a mind blown event if the MoM completely removes his robe and either one of these happens:
There's another coat below.
There's literally nothing below it and he begins speaking, freaking everyone out.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
In before the MoM is a personification of Kingdom Hearts itself causing chaos in order to correct itself and, since the MoM is a mystery to everyone, he appears like exactly what a mystery is like in KH: a black coat.

It'd be a mind blown event if the MoM completely removes his robe and either one of these happens:
There's another coat below.
There's literally nothing below it and he begins speaking, freaking everyone out.

YES.

Seriously, I'm ready to bet that that last thing WILL happen. I want a shape-shifter with a lost identity hiding under that coat. It wouldn't even contradict the Sora=MoM theories as Sora's connected with and hosted so many hearts in his, that he might as well be a personification of Kingdom Hearts over time. (Sora's Lingering Heart? XD)

I mean, what face could they possibly design that would wow us more than Everyface or Noface? (What if Sora's face is the default face to give shape to what has no face? Enter Vanitas connections.) Even if I want MoM to be his own character, he'd have to be either design-less or "a random nobody" to be fun.

Man this character makes me want to come up with the craziest mind-f***ing theories <3

sakonan7

Awards
“IMO” that would be bad if he was MoM, cause Nomura himself said Sora is an ordinary boy who wasn’t chosen by the keyblade, he said that was done on purpose so it would be easy for Everyone to relate to his character, making Sora MoM is just Gonna make him yet another special Snowflake, I just hope Nomura doesn’t see these kind of topics and starts changing his mind.
Sora became a special snowflake the moment he got a Keyblade by chance lol. Keyblade Wielders are not ordinary lol. Also, nothing's ever stopping an ordinary person from becoming special. It's not unbelievable if MoM is future Sora because wielders can become masters (let's remember Sora took the Mark of Mastery and Riku became a Master) and he's probably had a lot of time to get stronger.

Foxycian

Awards
Sora became a special snowflake the moment he got a Keyblade by chance lol. Keyblade Wielders are not ordinary lol. Also, nothing's ever stopping an ordinary person from becoming special. It's not unbelievable if MoM is future Sora because wielders can become masters (let's remember Sora took the Mark of Mastery and Riku became a Master) and he's probably had a lot of time to get stronger.
There is nothing wrong with being ordinary then becoming special later on, however it’s dumb making Sora into MoM, being MoM isn’t Sora just being special but it will make him more then that, MoM is like the person that started this whole thing and now you want Sora Be this character (MoM) This individual that responsible for Most of what happened in KH universe (if not everything) yea that’s is just darn stupid, if fanboys wants this then that is just them being greedy and want Sora to be even more important then he already is, overall it’s my opinion, and I absolutely hate this theory.

just hope Nomura doesn’t see this and think Hmm this might be a great idea.

Dashley

Awards
"The truth is what you see with your eyes, not what you hear." Cue flash of light and total silence when MoM tells Xehanort his name. Suddenly the MoM is a personification of Kingdom Hearts idea seems more likely each time I come back to that scene XD

Either that or his true name is Fade-in Sepia Tone.

Personally, I think Sora being MoM could be interesting thematically in a sense that you have the same character who is trying to connect fractured worlds with the bonds he forms and at the same time being the one who played a part in fracturing said worlds in the first place. All while supposedly being aligned with the light. Then again, I'm kinda burnt out on everyone existing because they either came from Sora or Xehanort XD So I hope MoM is a separate character from Sora, especially if it is like what Mexican Sora and SuperNova said and Sora is MoM's punishment for trying to mess with things.

Back