• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora vs. Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you prefer, Aqua or Sora?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazykingdomgirl

Well, I think Sora's going to win, because he has the keyblade and he also has Goofy, Donald, and the King with him... So yeah. I vote for Sora!

XehanortHeartles

Sora would have been fine, seering as how he can glide. Riku's the one who would've been screwed without the hovercraft. And as for the Xemnas fight in KH1, I'm pretty sure he was only testing him.

Indeed you are right in this one, though still without the hovercraft Sora would have eventually died. Remember that they barely defeated Xemnas and it was needed both of them and a ship that could fire a superlaser. Without the hovercraft Sora would have to fight on his own Dragon Xemnas by gliding and striking all by his own and this would have taken a lot of stamina from him also it is clear that without Riku Sora would had been unable to defeat Xemnas so ultimately yes, the hovercraft was an outright plot device only to allow Sora and Riku survive and without it they would have died.

As for KH1 Xemnas this is exactly what Im saying, he didnt killed him because he wasnt there to kill, because he needed a Keyblader to gather hearts for him. However if Xemnas would have been bloodlusted and with killer intent he would had killed Sora.

Which is ilogical for him considering:

- He had Roxas
- Xemnas could use the keyblade he just refrained from doing so.

Which leads to another plot device allowing Sora to win becuase ethereal blade Xemnas was about to kill Sora and Riku and it was needed and asspull attack that none of them knew they had and just activated randomly by accident to kill Xemnas (again plot saving Sora and Riku). Also it is to note that if Xemnad had used his keyblade (which potentially could be 2) he would have won the battle (again plot devide and Deux Ex Machina beign used).

Xemnas battles were full of PIS and CIS and without them Sora would have stood zero chance on his own, he only won those due plot Im sure in an alternate history without Xemnas beign gimped by these elements he would have died.

Well, I think Sora's going to win, because he has the keyblade and he also has Goofy, Donald, and the King with him... So yeah. I vote for Sora!

This is a 1-1 fight, what is Donald, Goofy and Mickey doing here? Also Aqua has the keyblade too which by the one is properly trained in its use. Unless you want to include Ventus, Terra and Eraqus fighting with Aqua.

Last edited by a moderator:

localorange

From what I've gathered while reading this thread is there seems to be a massive debate revolving around the particular skills of Sora and Aqua at particular points in time. Therefore:

-If it's a case of Sora vs Aqua at the skills that we know they currently have, meaning we put Sora's skills that he has at the end of KH2 vs the skills Aqua has at the end of BBS, Aqua would win hands down. Yes, I'd rather have Sora win for incredibly biased reasons, but looking at it objectively with the given situation I've set up, Aqua would win the fight. Yes, Sora would put up a pretty massive fight, and he'd fight well enough that Aqua would definitely be keeping an eye out on his strength in the future, but Aqua would win. And that's for many, many reasons that have already been stated in this thread, lol.

-Now if we set them up as they might be at any time during KH3DS and KHIII, things become drastically different. That's because of Sora's massive amounts of raw, untapped power. If Sephiroth of all people will acknowledge that Sora fights well in the middle of KH2, then if Yen Sid can properly unlock Sora's ridiculous potential, he is fully capable of wiping the floor with Aqua. (Of course, the key word is 'if'.)

That also depends on Aqua when she comes out of the ROD. The state of her powers could go one of two ways: She could be very weak because she has so stubbornly held on to Eraqus's beliefs that she has not yet realized the need for the balance of light and dark, or she could walk out fully understanding what Riku understands about the balance of light and dark. If, given all of the variables in this situation, the former happens to Aqua, (she doesn't understand light and dark) and Sora's potential has been unlocked, Sora will wipe the floor with Aqua. If, the latter happens to Aqua (she understands light and dark), the resulting fight would be incredibly close....and I'm way too tired to think about who could win that one, lol. Honestly, that one could go either way.

[P.S. Sora didn't wipe the floor with Sephiroth. You can't kill Sephiroth. You can only beat him in battle. Then Sephiroth brushes his shoulders off and goes his merry way, lol. But the fact that Sephiroth tells Sora that he's got legit skills in battle is quite honestly the real victory for him].

XehanortHeartles

From what I've gathered while reading this thread is there seems to be a massive debate revolving around the particular skills of Sora and Aqua at particular points in time. Therefore:

-If it's a case of Sora vs Aqua at the skills that we know they currently have, meaning we put Sora's skills that he has at the end of KH2 vs the skills Aqua has at the end of BBS, Aqua would win hands down. Yes, I'd rather have Sora win for incredibly biased reasons, but looking at it objectively with the given situation I've set up, Aqua would win the fight. Yes, Sora would put up a pretty massive fight, and he'd fight well enough that Aqua would definitely be keeping an eye out on his strength in the future, but Aqua would win. And that's for many, many reasons that have already been stated in this thread, lol.

-Now if we set them up as they might be at any time during KH3DS and KHIII, things become drastically different. That's because of Sora's massive amounts of raw, untapped power. If Sephiroth of all people will acknowledge that Sora fights well in the middle of KH2, then if Yen Sid can properly unlock Sora's ridiculous potential, he is fully capable of wiping the floor with Aqua. (Of course, the key word is 'if'.)

That also depends on Aqua when she comes out of the ROD. The state of her powers could go one of two ways: She could be very weak because she has so stubbornly held on to Eraqus's beliefs that she has not yet realized the need for the balance of light and dark, or she could walk out fully understanding what Riku understands about the balance of light and dark. If, given all of the variables in this situation, the former happens to Aqua, (she doesn't understand light and dark) and Sora's potential has been unlocked, Sora will wipe the floor with Aqua. If, the latter happens to Aqua (she understands light and dark), the resulting fight would be incredibly close....and I'm way too tired to think about who could win that one, lol. Honestly, that one could go either way.

[P.S. Sora didn't wipe the floor with Sephiroth. You can't kill Sephiroth. You can only beat him in battle. Then Sephiroth brushes his shoulders off and goes his merry way, lol. But the fact that Sephiroth tells Sora that he's got legit skills in battle is quite honestly the real victory for him].

Is nice to see someone who despite havint a favourite character is capable of giving your argument based on FEATS and SKILLS even if it goes against your fav, rather on FANBOYISM and IRRELEVANT arguments like "Sora is the main char so he has to win" etc.

I dont get why people here refuse to acknowledge the CURRENT facts based on feats and skills of both chars, currently I think either Aqua would win or stalemate, even if Sora is your favourite you should base your argument on skills and feats instead of fanboyism and arguments that demonstrate nothing. Sora will as many have pointed out most likely have the ability to wipe the floor with Aqua in KHIII anyway so I dont see what is the big deal.

Of course there has been too several people in this thread that have been capable of providing an argument non based on fanbase and based on feats.

D VLK

I'd say that aqua was the better protagonist. I just find it illogical how sora was positive 99.99% of the time besides facing all those hard battles and the loss of his friends and family. Aqua was even potrayed as a bitch for a while. They were mixed emotions atleast which makes more sense considering what kind of task she had to do. The thing aqua and sora have in common is thier strong will.

As far as desgin goes I'd give this to sora. Gameplay wise sora should take this as well. Altough story wise sora litarally came into contact with KH and saved the worlds from the darkness. Personally I'd say that the threat of unversed and Keyblades was a bit less then the threat of the heartless and nobodies combined with ansem sod and xemnas shemes.

As for combat skill. I'd say that Kingdomhearts 2 sora takes this by far. Aqua is around KH 1 sora level.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Aqua, no contest.

Sora may have more potential, but comparing the two as they currently are, Aqua is above and beyond Sora. While she may not have all of Sora's potential, she knows how to properly use what she's got and until Sora knows what it really is to be a Keyblade Master, he won't surpass Aqua.

Light

faster than
Awards
Aqua, no contest.

Sora may have more potential, but comparing the two as they currently are

Now maybe you haven't read my previous statements on this. CURRENTLY is a bad word with this, as Sora would own her so hard because she has no Keyblade or anything, after the fight with Terranort.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Now maybe you haven't read my previous statements on this. CURRENTLY is a bad word with this, as Sora would own her so hard because she has no Keyblade or anything, after the fight with Terranort.

Wrong. Aqua's still armed with Eraqus' Keyblade, "Master Keeper". And if you wanna go by stats, it's actually one of the most powerful keyblades in the series.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Keeper

Rix

:)
Awards
Sora. He is one of my fav character. Sure, he may seem a little dumb and naive at times, but that's some of the charm about him <3

Aqua as a character didn't really appeal all that much to me.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Aqua: Thundaga! (shitload of lightning is going to kill Sora instantly)
Sora: TRIANGLE! (does impossible shit and stabs Aqua in the face)

I rest my case.

NotaHero21

Sora of course, he lack the hypocritical, I am better than thou air that aqua gives off. Besides that he is the stronger of the two, if it came down to a fight he would wreck her shit so hard and fast its not even funny, but I dont want to start a battle dome contest.

Aqua is so over rated, reduce that cup size and I bet she'd lose most of her supporters...

Bobjam

Awards
I think yes definitely Sora is the stronger of the two (both in character and fighting strength =P) but I reckon Aqua may definitely become a more interesting and developed character in BBSv2 and later games to come....then again she might not.

NotaHero21

I think yes definitely Sora is the stronger of the two (both in character and fighting strength =P) but I reckon Aqua may definitely become a more interesting and developed character in BBSv2 and later games to come....then again she might not.

Depending on the scenarios available for play in BBSv2 I think most character development will go to riku, assuming he has a scenario(most likely will though), but then thats a norm for KH games, he's simply the least static character in the series. IMO

SoraXVen

I voted for sora just because he has so much potential left seeing as he has not yet taken his mastery exam. But Aqua is a close second.

It's kind of funny, I remember these forums during BBS' development and Aqua was the character almost no one was excited for. Now she's the series' super star. Strange how things change

kagome1237

If I had to pick, I'd say Sora.
However, if they were to ever have a battle then I guess it would be a tie. They're both equally strong, in magic and strength.
So they both win! =w=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back