• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soraalm1's New Video on Entitled Kingdom Hearts Fans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LB3DKa5Glg

Anyone seen this yet? I think it's bloody fantastic, and things that we have been saying here for a long time^_^

Honestly, this video is such a breath of fresh air to me, and I hope that it will open some people's eyes--and stop them from being jerks--so they won't lead Square Enix to rushing KHIII to appease the impatient people, or something.

Anagram

Banned
Can't watch videoes often myself but if it'll even marginally help the need to stop rushing then I'mma spreading this. So many of the series titles have been rushed already. (KH2 & DDD among them)

redcrown

Awards
I'm starting to think the root of all this disappointment and "entitlement" for KH3 is because of lack of fulfilling storywriting from the side games, or them being such a complicated convoluted mess mythos wise, that it doesn't feel as if it's adding more depth or strength to the series, but heavy chains it has to bear now. Opposite from being "Simple and Clean".

If the side games had solid stories or character arcs (or less added clones and characters), they would feel more satisfying even without the announcement of KH3, and it would be enough to tide fans over until KH3.

DDD was close to this with finally having Sora and Riku again, and they had some actually development and were given new direction (well on Riku's character anyway); along with the introduction of the Sleeping Realm, which felt like the series was getting back into the similar mythos of KH1, but it turned into a mess with the time travel thing.

BBS at least tried, but it had some weak spots wit the main characters as others have mentioned (I think was okay for the most part, but it having a Roxas clone kind of screwed with it).

Tbh I've personally been waiting more for the "period of Riku, Aqua's, and Mickey's absence" games than KH3.

Also in general I think the fans saying "they've been waiting 10 years for KH3" come from a different era in this series. They were around before any of the other side games (besides CoM) were made or even thought of; when KH1 and KH2 were about 5 years apart or less. All they had to go on for a future main title game was Mickey's letter in the secret ending, which wasn't revealed until the very end of Coded.

That, and they are probably most of all unsatisfied with the direction the series has taken since KH2, or even KH1. The bitterness comes from a place of feeling betrayed, and so feel "entitled" for KH3 to come and pay for its' sins.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Dean makes such quality content. Everything in that video was on point and well versed.

Awards
I'm starting to think the root of all this disappointment and "entitlement" for KH3 is because of lack of fulfilling storywriting from the side games, or them being such a complicated convoluted mess mythos wise, that it doesn't feel as if it's adding more depth or strength to the series, but heavy chains it has to bear now. Opposite from being "Simple and Clean".

If the side games had solid stories or character arcs (or less added clones and characters), they would feel more satisfying even without the announcement of KH3, and it would be enough to tide fans over until KH3.

DDD was close to this with finally having Sora and Riku again, and they had some actually development and were given new direction (well on Riku's character anyway); along with the introduction of the Sleeping Realm, which felt like the series was getting back into the similar mythos of KH1, but it turned into a mess with the time travel thing.

BBS at least tried, but it had some weak spots wit the main characters as others have mentioned (I think was okay for the most part, but it having a Roxas clone kind of screwed with it).

Tbh I've personally been waiting more for the "period of Riku, Aqua's, and Mickey's absence" games than KH3.

Also in general I think the fans saying "they've been waiting 10 years for KH3" come from a different era in this series. They were around before any of the other side games (besides CoM) were made or even thought of; when KH1 and KH2 were about 5 years apart or less. All they had to go on for a future main title game was Mickey's letter in the secret ending, which wasn't revealed until the very end of Coded.

That, and they are probably most of all unsatisfied with the direction the series has taken since KH2, or even KH1. The bitterness comes from a place of feeling betrayed, and so feel "entitled" for KH3 to come and pay for its' sins.
Actually it's more like they just want a game with the name "KH3" and nothing else. It's like Half-Life 3 only not a joke.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yup, pretty good content as always. I do understand both sides, actually, but the fandom should really just… chill. As long as the game is good I don't mind waiting, at all. The only thing I'm kind of upset about is Unchained. I'm sure there's a good reason for not releasing it, but it's still a bit annoying. They could at least give us an update as to why exactly we're waiting.

redcrown

Awards
The point of the remixes were to aesthetically fix the game to keep up with the better graphics of our time, along with re/introduce fans to the series again. It also finally brought some new scenes, new battles, and game features that were only available in the Japanese final mix for so long.

I wouldn't call the remixes "shallow" if it did what it was supposed to. If it added nothing new I would claim "shallow"" too but from the looks of it it didn't. Though if it glitches like crazy then that should be fixed.

I kind of agree in not putting a ton of pressure on the gamemakers to rush the game. I rather wait a little longer for a solidly decent game than immediately get a bad one. Unless it becomes another 10 years.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I agree that the remixes weren't shallow. My 2.5 doesn't freeze or have those glitches. Yes the load times are long, but aside from that I've had no problems. I do think people need to stop pushing for a release date, but I also think development is farther along than a lot of people think. Like I mentioned before, the trailers they show weren't thrown together the night before. Square had put them together before hand. Meaning they are an example of where they were when they made the trailer, not where they are when they show the trailer.

And in terms of the story getting messed up by the side games, there'd be no story hype for 3 if the side games hadn't set the plot. Don't complain about the story cause it's not what you would have done. You're not the one making it. Just enjoy it for what it is and walk into it expecting it to be a game and not the perfect game how you would make it. Cause you didn't make it.

Precursor Mar

It's hard to call these people entitled for wanting the game now when even Nomura has said that he wants to release the game as soon as possible.

Actually it's more like they just want a game with the name "KH3" and nothing else. It's like Half-Life 3 only not a joke.

Considering none of the side games have had the same level of quality as the main games, I don't blame them. Then again that's just my opinion so what do I know.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I always think of this whenever someone says they've been waiting 10 years for KHIII
kh_spoof__overlooked_by_jojo56830-d6evldw.jpg

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Eh... even if all the side games were 100% amazing, you'd still find people clamoring for KH3. A lot of the people clamoring for it didn't even bother trying the side games. There's also just the fact that there IS a difference between console and handheld games in this series in terms of scope and the like, so even if the writing in all the side games were fantastic you'd also have fans wanting that bigger game.

I don't think the supposed quality (or lack thereof) of the side games are that big of a piece of this. After all, it's not like KH2 had great writing and most people loved that game.

Anagram

Banned

The point of the remixes were to aesthetically fix the game to keep up with the better graphics of our time, along with re/introduce fans to the series again. It also finally brought some new scenes, new battles, and game features that were only available in the Japanese final mix for so long.

I wouldn't call the remixes "shallow" if it did what it was supposed to. If it added nothing new I would claim "shallow"" too but from the looks of it it didn't. Though if it glitches like crazy then that should be fixed.

I kind of agree in not putting a ton of pressure on the gamemakers to rush the game. I rather wait a little longer for a solidly decent game than immediately get a bad one. Unless it becomes another 10 years.

To quote someone on the matter

Sephiroth0812 said:
It's ironic that people complain about this when that is actually how a true "side game" should work.
Your experience with the already established whole story and mythos gets enriched when you play it, but it strictly isn't needed to understand the core story because later titles (in this case DDD) expand on what Coded hinted about.
In terms of writing quality, Re: Coded beats almost all side games except CoM by a wide margin and characters like Data-Riku, Data-Sora and their interactions with Mickey, Donald and Goofy get fleshed out much better than both the overdone mega-drama Xion show and the "supposed" RAX trio in Days and the great-potential-remaining unaddressed mess that are TAV in BBS.
It makes me sad to say it, especially as someone who likes TAV very much for what they could be, but Sora's and Riku's Data-"clones" are much better fleshed out actual characters that can be distinguished from the other Sora and Riku than both TAV and RAX have to them up to now, showing that a single game can be enough to shape interesting characters if you just handle them right.

Truth be told the older fans are from an older era. People like me or others that rarely linger here now started with KH1 or 2. (CoM was easily missed for some reason lol)
Back in those days, when activity in this forum and the fandom was at it's highest, there was more to discuss, dissect, argue about and so on. All solely because it was more ambiguous and simpler. Interviews were also less important back then which meant you rarely had someone killing a topic with Nomura quotations.

After KH2 the fanbase kinda broke. The older ones (the "entitled") waited for KH3 till many of them grew up and out of the series or getting mad and just ignoring it. The console spread hurt too. Besides the ones that just ignored them out of stubbornness the rest couldn't really be expected to drop cash for several systems just to keep pace.

I wouldn't say the remixes are shallow but they certainly didn't really help. Many people skipped the PS3 generation and while they was supposed to fix console spread you now have the majority of KH3's continually built background lore spread too Chi, Unchained, and 2.8 & KH3 on PS4.

The fanbase is just broke. Story is kinda broke too. It's overarching but hardly coherent or easy to jump into. Most of your fans are of the initial KH1-KH2 era of Days. Some from DDD.

(edit. example. if you notice you dont even really have fans of "kingdom hearts" as a whole but rather fans of "days" or "bbs" or "ddd" or "kh2" or worse yet fans of specific characters)

Last edited:

Ree

sorry but i have to disagree that the fandom is in any way entitled, not everyone had the money nor interest to buy all of the systems/games just to be able to understand the gist of the overall story. the only point i agree with is "we shouldnt rush KH3, it looks pretty but its not ready" but its not like Square to rush a game the way Sega did with 06 anyway.

Anagram

Banned
but its not like Square to rush a game the way Sega did with 06 anyway.

Both Kh2 and DDD were rushed by Nomura's own admission. Although it's incredibly hard to deny they was ever rushed to such an extent as 06. It takes something special to do something that poorly.

Ree

thats true but kh3 is definitely not being rushed and its not like SE will listen to the crowd begging for KH3 anyway.
Nomura really admitted to 3D being rushed? that would explain so much about what i dont like about the game....

soraalam1

sorry but i have to disagree that the fandom is in any way entitled, not everyone had the money nor interest to buy all of the systems/games just to be able to understand the gist of the overall story. the only point i agree with is "we shouldnt rush KH3, it looks pretty but its not ready" but its not like Square to rush a game the way Sega did with 06 anyway.

Well, I mean I wasn't trying to say everyone is entitled because they didn't play the handhelds. It is the way they demand press releases and information although Kingdom Hearts back in the old days news wise was awful compared to the frequency we get these days. The way every trailer is invalid without a release date. The way the Jump Festa trailer was "bad" because it had no cutscene and didn't reveal a new world, when it actually showed a lot of progress and quelled some of my concerns from the E3 trailer.

Nobody had to buy the handhelds over the years, but that doesn't mean those people can pretend the handhelds simply don't exist. We've been given new content almost yearly in between and the story has steadily grown with the installments to where we were being given worthy games. Sure the gameplay wasn't on par with KH1 or 2, but the entries in the series are valid enough to warrant them to be acknowledged.

Ree

i wouldnt know what KH information back then was like but i agree that people overhype news and trailers too much.
i also think at the same time that people should be able to play 1, 2, and 3 in that order and not be confused, the rest should simply enhance the overall story. BBS has just as much importance but it was treated as just another "spinoff" or "filler" or "side game" which might have been why more people didnt give it a chance.

yunami5

Awards
Can't watch videoes often myself but if it'll even marginally help the need to stop rushing then I'mma spreading this. So many of the series titles have been rushed already. (KH2 & DDD among them)

Glad to see someone that can see that KH2 was rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back