• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's a racist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
So yeah I was watching all the KH2 Organization XIII videos because I'm a fag like that and one of the last scenes shows Xemnas weak and explaining how nobodies were shunned by light and dark blah blah blah, whatever. But what surprised me is that Sora didn't really care, just saying he's was evil because he was a nobody.
[video=youtube;RAMMWC2202Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMMWC2202Y&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Alright, in this guy's case, I can see why they don't care that he was a nobody (messing up the worlds and all that jazz) and that he just wanted his heart back. But what about the others?

Lets say, hypothetically, that there were other humanoid nobodies that the Organization know nothing about. What if they went out looking for their hearts and just happen to run across Sora? Going by what Sora said in this video, he would just wipe em out since "he doesn't even exist"?
This may seem redundant but there's a news drought anyway so let's discuss Sora and his racial profiling against nobodies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Every Nobody Sora has come across has tried to kill him. And the Nobody standing before him is trying to screw the worlds up. You're imagining Heartless that don't want to hurt anyone. Sure, its what fan fiction lives on, but its not what reality is.

Also, misreading the scene. Xemnas was trying to gain sympathy through his little speech. Sora, knowing what Nobodies are, calls his bluff. He never said "you nobody, me kill you" in the slightest. He simply called out that since Nobodies don't exist, they have no emotions.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Okay, I see where you're coming from. Closer inspection of the video tells me what you said about Xemnas trying to gain sympathy is true. I can also agree with the part about how most of the nobodies Sora had come into contact to have tried to kill him.

But can you say that there will never be a nobody who just wants their heart back? I know the plot so far has depicted them as just mindless followers (or the ones being followed) but what if Xemnas had never encountered the other members of the Organization? I think it's entirely possible that if they weren't used as pawns for his plans, and told that collecting the hearts from the heartless were the only way, they could have been non-hostile. Except Braig/Xigbar. He was always "bad".

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Haha officially? nope.
This is the major flaw in this thread lol.

Personally I thought that Kingdom Hearts just popped up to the good guys so if they just stuck with Sora something would have happened.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Okay, I see where you're coming from. Closer inspection of the video tells me what you said about Xemnas trying to gain sympathy is true. I can also agree with the part about how most of the nobodies Sora had come into contact to have tried to kill him.

But can you say that there will never be a nobody who just wants their heart back? I know the plot so far has depicted them as just mindless followers (or the ones being followed) but what if Xemnas had never encountered the other members of the Organization? I think it's entirely possible that if they weren't used as pawns for his plans, and told that collecting the hearts from the heartless were the only way, they could have been non-hostile. Except Braig/Xigbar. He was always "bad".
Wasn't it the opposite? Heartless where mindless followers who just ate up darkness and Nobodies where more sentinent, capable of thought, and CHOSE to go with the Organization ("We have come for you, my liege.")

And no, regaining your heart doesn't really hurt anyone else but the Heartless. And the Nobodies can't even do it on their own (which is why they where using Keyblade weilder's to gather hearts for them. Though Xemnas really WAS also using this for his personal goal of ultimate power through KH as well.)

Speaking of which what WAS the point of the Nobodies attacking the worlds? I thought it was just to strengthen Sora so he gathers more hearts for them but -meh.-

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I dunno man. I watched the video and the first thing that came to mind was "Harsh, man. Nobodies have feelings too- wait..."

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Not that I can contribute to the debate of whether or not Sora is racist against the Nobodies, I do see how you could think he is when he says "Just give it a rest. You're nobodies! You're not sad about anything!"
I guess that's sort of racist, but at the same thing, not really. xD

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
No. It's totally racist. Next he's gonna be racial profiling everyone wearing a long black coat as a nobody.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
But Nobodies don't exist. They don't have emotions. I honestly don't get why people have this hard on for the Organization XIII, but they are the antagonists. Excuse me for wanting them dead.

Unrequited Lust

No. It's totally racist. Next he's gonna be racial profiling everyone wearing a long black coat as a nobody.

Stop saying "racist" or "racial." Those words specifically apply to "race" like Hispanic, Asian, Arabian, etc. The word you're looking for is "prejudice."

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
But the only way for a Nobody to be whole again is for there Heartless and Nobody to be destroyed by the keyblade.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

It's not racist. Nobodies have no emotions (canon-wise, even though they keep showing that they have) and therefor can't be sad.
It's as racist as saying to a black guy that he's black. If you say that as something bad it get racist though but Sora said that to Xemnas because Xemnas pretended to have feelings and kinda lied (not directly sense he didn't say straight out that he had feelings but you know what I mean).

DiZ was racist.

Agree

But the only way for a Nobody to be whole again is for there Heartless and Nobody to be destroyed by the keyblade.

Only Xemnas (maybe Xigbar, Saix and/or Axel knew that) knew that (atleast I think Xemnas knew that).

Radar

Bronze Member
Xemnas is a really good faker with those sincere facial expressions, so emotional.

Sora aint no racist. It was yensid who told him to destroy to org., so he did.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Come on guys, the nobodies are just trying to get their hearts back! So what if a few worlds are ruined in the process, these thirteen "people" deserve to have a heart!

(and honestly, at the end of the game, it's even less than thirteen)

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yes, Sora was being racist there. However, racism isn't inherently wrong. Racism is where you differentiate certain people based on certain conceptions. What you're thinking of is prejudice, which is racism with negative differentiation. When Sora called Xemnas out for not having emotions, that can be taken as racism or prejudice.

TotemoOishii

But Sora doesn't right off all of them just because they're nobodies. He just doesn't like the ones that are trying to kill or use him which is completely reasonable. Near the end when he fought with Axel, he really did care that he was destroyed. And Sora always wanted to meet Roxas even though he was a nobody. So I doubt Sora was prejudice. He had to do what he could to keep the worlds safe.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Pretty much the only Nobodies that gave Sora problems were the ones that didn't feel emotions. Roxas obviously did, and Axel may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back