• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's chances in SSB Ultimate (and your opinions on KH Marketing)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
No big thread here, just curious about Sora's chances of being in SSB Ultimate, a game I've recently been playing a lot of lately and was excited to here him be one of the most requested. But to be honest, I'm not sure if that's just from rapid KH fans or general gamer enthusiasm for him to be in it?

When it comes to the gaming world or even the Disney world, I don't really consider KH for much of anything since to others it's such a weird property that no one really knows how to market it properly; even though to be honest, it doesn't seem that hard to do so but I'm not a marketing genius, so what can I say?

I just personally don't think it's the games themselves that make it hard for people to get into them at least not completely, but rather how they are marketed (or in some cases, lack there of) sometimes its seems like Disney/Sqaure Enix don't have much confidence in this property and full potential as an IP, which could be way more then how it is right now. Yeah, even around the time of KH3, I feel like way more could've been done. Maybe it's the differences of American and Japanese markets?

Anyways, just curious on your thoughts on all that

Amadeus

Awards
I definitely think Sora has a shot, especially given popular sentiment. I know Disney owns Sora as a character, but he is ultimately a Square Enix character as well. Since SE has allowed Cloud, their biggest boy, to be in Smash not just once, but twice, as long as Disney says yes (which I imagine they will*), I think Sora can be in Smash.

I've actually thought about Sora's alts already... KH3 outfit, Second Form (or KH2 outfit), Guardian Form, Strike Form, Blitz Form, Roxas, Organization coat Roxas, and for the last one either KH1 outfit, Ultimate Form, or Rage Form. Disclaimer: I'm not an avid Smash player, I'm mostly basing this off of a look at the existing SSBU alts.

*I know Dissidia became a FF game because Disney didn't want their characters fighting each other, but Smash will just be Sora vs. only non-Disney characters, and they're not even all new opponents since we've fought Cloud before.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've actually thought about Sora's alts already... KH3 outfit, Second Form (or KH2 outfit), Guardian Form, Strike Form, Blitz Form, Roxas, Organization coat Roxas, and for the last one either KH1 outfit, Ultimate Form, or Rage Form. Disclaimer: I'm not an avid Smash player, I'm mostly basing this off of a look at the existing SSBU alts.
Roxas would more likely be an echo fighter rather than an alt.

*I know Dissidia became a FF game because Disney didn't want their characters fighting each other, but Smash will just be Sora vs. only non-Disney characters, and they're not even all new opponents since we've fought Cloud before.
Technically, Square assumed Disney would reject & didn't bother pitching it to them.

disney233

Awards
Technically, Square assumed Disney would reject & didn't bother pitching it to them.
It's times like these that I kinda wish Disney would make a fighting game as big as Ultimate lol. It seems too late for that now. Especially since Kingdom Hearts is a thing.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's times like these that I kinda wish Disney would make a fighting game as big as Ultimate lol. It seems too late for that now. Especially since Kingdom Hearts is a thing.
They sorta allowed PvP in Disney Infinity. No real game mode for it but nothing was stopping an Aladdin player from killing a Jasmine player for example. & some players created levels designed for PvP a few of which Disney promoted.

Amadeus

Awards
Roxas would more likely be an echo fighter rather than an alt.

I didn't know DLC characters had echo fighters? If they made Roxas an echo fighter I'd love that because he gets to be his own person even outside of the KH universe... how poetic.

I didn't know this either.... Damn. Maybe it's for the best that Dissidia became an FF game instead, because if it was KH then we KNOW it would have been canon and it would have been... something. But I still dream of a KH game with multiple playable characters we can choose between at will :'( Mission Mode was fun.... Gimme that multiplayer again.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I didn't know DLC characters had echo fighters? If they made Roxas an echo fighter I'd love that because he gets to be his own person even outside of the KH universe... how poetic.
Well not yet. They tend to be extras when there isn't enough dev time for anymore fully original movesets but they can squeeze out a couple of rehashed movesets. So we won't be seeing echos until the end of the DLC, if at all.

I didn't know this either.... Damn. Maybe it's for the best that Dissidia became an FF game instead, because if it was KH then we KNOW it would have been canon and it would have been... something. But I still dream of a KH game with multiple playable characters we can choose between at will :'( Mission Mode was fun.... Gimme that multiplayer again.
I'd be for a KH musou.

Back