• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sora's keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Oh, lol sorry.

Well, idk how to explain it. I don't think having the heart of someone with a keyblade gives you a freepass. I don't like how that sounds.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh, lol sorry.

Well, idk how to explain it. I don't think having the heart of someone with a keyblade gives you a freepass. I don't like how that sounds.

It's not right.

– So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Nomura: Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone. I want to make Sora a character that will give the player the feeling that “even if I’m not some special being, I have the possibility buried inside of connecting with many others to accomplish things”. In Birth by Sleep, I wish for all the fans to hope to see that Sora reappears. The secret cutscene is what symbolizes this, so please work your way there, and wait for Sora’s role in the future.

Sora's just a normal boy and it's just a coincidence he got the KK... I mean it's fate... but then he's not a normal boy... so it is a coincidence... but "There is no coincidence in fate.”

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Um, I think that Ventus being involved in Sora having the KK is what that quote is hinting at. It says "his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that,he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone." Just because he's fated to have the keyblade doesn't mean he magically doesn't have to have inherited one. He never technically inherited it, but having Ventus inside him effectively satisfied that requirement. At least that's the only non-contradictory explanation I can think of. Unless Nomura's going to give us some stupid reason that the rules of the keyblade somehow don't apply to Sora.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Did you even read the quote I listed? Sora must have been chosen to inherit in order to wield a keyblade. Since he never was, there was no way he could wield normally, even if Riku's keyblade chose Sora over its master. Ven's heart must have factored into the situation.
Problem is, Nomura has already explained that Sora is the only person to never have to have gone through the Rite of Succession, AND that he didn't gain anything by being connected to Ven.

So, no. Ven's heart had nothing to do with it.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Problem is, Nomura has already explained that Sora is the only person to never have to have gone through the Rite of Succession, AND that he didn't gain anything by being connected to Ven.

So, no. Ven's heart had nothing to do with it.
Where did he say specifically that Ven had nothing to do with it? I read the part where he said Sora didn't inherit anything, but under my theory, he didn't exactly inherit it himself.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Where did he say specifically that Ven had nothing to do with it? I read the part where he said Sora didn't inherit anything, but under my theory, he didn't exactly inherit it himself.
That is what he means by that line. He is saying Sora didn't gain anything from having Ven inside him, which, is to say that having Ven inside him wouldnt have helped him get the Keyblade.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
That is what he means by that line. He is saying Sora didn't gain anything from having Ven inside him, which, is to say that having Ven inside him wouldnt have helped him get the Keyblade.
But he hasn't inherited anything from Ven, Ven being connected to him is giving him the side effect of being able to wield. That's what I was trying to say; that he didn't inherit anything, so something like being connected to Ven must have been allowing him to wield when he shouldn't have been able to otherwise. I guess I just put more emphasis on the "his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that" and you put more on the "that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone."

I just don't like that under your reasoning there is absolutely no reason that Sora can wield the keyblade. He just can, despite the fact that the rules of the universe say he can't. But whatever, it really doesn't matter.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But he hasn't inherited anything from Ven
Not inheriting anything from his connection with Ven means it had no effect on him.

Nomura is saying that Sora is just an ordinary boy. Which means, that he is different from characters like Kairi and Riku who are special because they were made special (Rite of Succession). Sora is ordinary. He gained nothing from connecting his heart to Ven's. He got the Keyblade on his own.

I just don't like that under your reasoning there is absolutely no reason that Sora can wield the keyblade. He just can, despite the fact that the rules of the universe say he can't. But whatever, it really doesn't matter.
It was fate!~
It's what makes him different from the other characters, which is kind of what Nomura is stressing about him.
Sora got the ability to use the Keyblade through his persistence in not wanting his friend to disappear. He didn't get it because of some special circumstance (being Ven's heart inside him). I think -that's- what Nomura's trying to express.

In the end though, I suppose it doesn't -truly- matter since the result is still the same.

Zyrax

Yeah but, he has the power to be one, he just doesnt have the official title.

Damn, I wanted to edit this T_T

But what do you mean with "Ven doesn't have anything"? I thing he's strong enough to be a Master and we don't really know, what happened to him and his power after he defeat Vanitas

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually, Terra isn't a Master, either.

Terra has the power to be a Master, as shown by the fact that he was, you know, taking the Master Qualification Exam.

Damn, I wanted to edit this T_T

But what do you mean with "Ven doesn't have anything"? I thing he's strong enough to be a Master and we don't really know, what happened to him and his power after he defeat Vanitas

Ven certainly wasn't taking the MQE, and we all know he's too inexperienced to do so, as they've stated several times throughout the story.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk about Sora not being a chosen one full stop. Since KH1 there's been that mysterious 'you are the one who will open the door' thing. So maybe there is some kind of destiny about him, even if he hasn't inherited shit off anybody.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He really isn't. I was just looking at old scans of Another Report, and I saw that he even dropped hints in there about Roxas and Sora's ability to dual wield having something to do with 'Xehanort's memories', which he was 'absolutely not allowed to touch the core of' at that time XD

So he had the whole Ven thing planned since Roxas, guys.

If only he had done this for Days...

Aquaman OS

Note that the sucession gives someone the actual power to wield any Keyblade (provided the Keyblade's chosen master doesn't object and call it to them) as Aqua senses it in Riku and the journal entry of Riku in BBS states he was granted the "power of the keyblade" which is why Kairi could use a borrowed Keyblade with the ceremony despite not yet being chosen by her Keyblade.

Sora had to have gotten the power from somewhere or despite being chosen by the Keyblade he wouldn't be able to hold it. Ventus is the best possible explaination in that he's leeching Ventus's keyblade power. Although it is possible he got it elsewhere. But something had to have bestowed Sora the power to wield.

Caxm

Ok so, Ven effectd Sora so he could only hold onto the key that was ment for Riku, He eventually had to give it back, but through the power of his heart, being able to connect to anyone, Sora was able to be claimed by the keyblade as master. Ven's heart had nothing to do with obtaining or taking it back, it only let him keep it for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back