• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Notes He Writes in the Journal in the Japanese Version of KHII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, in the Japanese version of KHII (as I'm sure you all know), "Sora" actually writes little notes in the Journal--that have Nomura's handwriting to them--and I'm wondering if anyone's ever translated them?

And if not, does anyone here maybe want to, or have the ability to do so? (No pressure, of course. If no one wants to do this, I completely understand. ^_^)

But I'm just really curious about what Sora felt the need to write. LOL.

Who knows? Maybe if we ever saw them, it would give more insight into Sora, and just how he views various things from the game:)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think anyone's ever translated them all before, but I think a few had been translated and it became clear why they didn't bother to keep them in the English release, being that, they aren't really adding anything. From what I remember most of the comments were really shallow kind of things that didn't really add anything

redcrown

Awards
I don't think anyone's ever translated them all before, but I think a few had been translated and it became clear why they didn't bother to keep them in the English release, being that, they aren't really adding anything. From what I remember most of the comments were really shallow kind of things that didn't really add anything

Well that's a sad wasted opportunity.
They couldn't even make it similar to the Fantastic Beasts book and have lighthearted comments from the main character?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm sure they are lighthearted comments. I just don't think they add much lol.

Honestly though, I'm just going off of a hazy memory of a few translated pics, but from what I recall, they didn't really elevate it in a way that we are all missing out by not having them in the English version. Perhaps some of them do.

Here are some of them if anyone wants to ask one of the translators to maybe make some rough passes at them though:
MickeyHB.png

AManinBlack.png

Awakening.png

JiminysJournalEnglish.png

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks for the pics, Audo, hopefully someone will give them a shot!

redcrown

Awards
I'm sure they are lighthearted comments. I just don't think they add much lol.

well maybe lighthearted is the wrong word. Just small comments, humorous or sarcastic, of his adventures or something.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
According to Zephi, here's the translations: (I said something about lighting the Goldpanner signal in the IRC channel about this.)

King: "A king who fights for his friends who are important to him"
"He is very strong and skilled!"

Roxas/Sora: "What are these strange emotions…"
"It feels like I've met (him) before"

Awakening: "What happened? I had awakened from a long dream…"

Yen Sid: "This is the King's scary teacher…"
"I believe this is the start/beginning!!"

I hope that helps ^^.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks, Mary and Zephi! They are kind of generic, but I still think it's interesting.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I really want something like this in KH3. It's so awesome!

But I don't really think it's very likely to appear ever again.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I agree that it's neat, but I don't think it adds that much to the game. I don't think we'll see it.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Thank you for replying, guys! Thanks for the picture posts, Audo. And thank you for posting some of the translations, maryadavies (and thank you for translating them, Zephi)! It's all very much appreciated:)

OMG. The part about Sora thinking Yen Sid is scary is the best thing ever! I had no idea! But it seems like something Sora would think. LOL. That's definitely my favorite one of the bunch here.

It's also interesting to note that Sora feels connected enough to Roxas that he feels the need to write it out; I'm also glad to see that he gave the pod room in Twilight Town some thought after waking up from it (the game doesn't give too many hints that he did). And seeing how much Sora respects the King here is really cute! Maybe that's why he has such a hard time calling him "Mickey" in DDD:)

IDK why, but I always love things like this. From Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, to the Shadowhunter's Codex, and even to the Percy Jackson books where he talks about the Greek Gods and Greek Heroes... I just love things where we get to see our main heroes' thoughts on almost textbook like things. LOL. So I wouldn't be opposed at all if something like this were to come back in KHIII^^

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
LightUp; If it does, I'd like to see it in English somehow in the game, not cut out b/c of evil kanji lol. (Which is prolly why it was erased; censoring kanji/JP on signs/newspapers/etc happens in a LOT of anime dubs for US TV; sometimes it's just paint bucketed out, sometimes it's replaced with English)

It may be kinda generic but it does bring in some insight into Sora :D Isn't needed but it's just that little bit extra ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back