• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Usefulness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve been pondering/waiting to see if Xehanort would still pursue Sora after he failed in KH3. Master Xehanort’s smirk when Lea prevented Sora from being possessed… there was just something about that moment.

I think this new trailer could hint at Xehanort will still be pursuing Sora. Master Xehanort said he was a dull and ordinary boy, but Sora is still extremely valuable to him.

Sora holds Ventus’s heart, a heart he’s been protecting and mending for more than a decade. For reasons we can’t be sure of, Xehanort is still intent on getting Ventus back.

In 0.2, he tricked Aqua out of confirming where she hid Ventus. For probably all of KH1 through days, Xemnas searched Castle Oblivion tirelessly trying to find the room where Ventus peacefully slept. In DDD, the Xehanort crew taunted Sora, hinting at Ventus who was inside of him and even provoking Ventus to wake up and protect Sora. If Xehanort wants Ventus, he needs Sora (and Aqua)

Sora holds Roxas too. In DDD he explained how Roxas was the perfect vessel, but Roxas obviously became a handful. If Xehanort had the opportunity to start again and Roxas was free once more, he would chain up Roxas at the first opportunity.

Sora himself is a keyblade wielder that doesn’t seem predestined to take a side. We all know that Sora is aligned to the light, but Sora was never “chosen”. He isn’t special, but at the same time he is. He’s like a kid who busts into a VIP Party with absolutely no credentials, but people let him stay anyway because he makes the party interesting. Because he’s somewhat of a wildcard, he isn’t hard coded to belong to either side. Sora wants to fight on the side of light, but from what the story seems to be implying, Sora doesn’t have fate or destiny as a guarantee that he can fight on the side he wants to. If Xehanort tries hard enough, Sora could still be one of the 13 Vessels, in fact, Xehanort probably still plans for him to be.

Of the many roads Sora can take, they all can result in completing the 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses. If Sora were to “use the power of darkness” to bring Roxas back (I assume Xemnas means for Sora to become a heartless again), Roxas would return, and Sora would be a heartless. Xehanort could have 2 extra members to his team, or just take Sora or Roxas.

If Sora were to bring Ven back, Vanitas is likely to return too. When Ventus ‘exists’, so does Vanitas since they are the same person. Xehanort could have Vanitas back (if he doesn’t already), and they would have Ven.

There are more points I could make, but basically… Sora is very valuable to the Xehanorts. It seems he’s not going to give up that easily after all.

Addition after some hours of thought since I wrote this on tumblr: I think Xehanort will continue to stalk Sora in KH3 while he's trying to complete his task. It seems his test is not yet over. The plot line of "Sora's darkness" is not yet over. The issue here is not like Terra or Riku where they have the darkness in them and are struggling with it. The plotline here is that Sora doesn't have much darkness, but he COULD use it to get what he wants (Roxas and the others) and Xehanort will try to convince Sora (and show him through various means) that he can only achieve his goals with the darkness.

It's a trick, Sora will find a way not to use the darkness... but maybe darkness is exactly what he needs and it truly is the answer. But in using the darkness, he is opening himself up to Xehanort once again and he can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back