• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keep in mind, Hayden took a hiatus from acting for a while but recently started up again. So, it should be fairly safe to assume that it'll be Hayden but, yeah, you never know

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Keep in mind, Hayden took a hiatus from acting for a while but recently started up again. So, it should be fairly safe to assume that it'll be Hayden but, yeah, you never know
exaclty my point that i brought up alyson name for kairi as well by the way ireally love your steven universe stuff

Muke

whatever
Awards
yeah most likely alyson probally a backup just in case hayden ant go from some reason
?????????? i literally didn't get anything

Dandelion said:
eep in mind, Hayden took a hiatus from acting for a while but recently started up again. So, it should be fairly safe to assume that it'll be Hayden but, yeah, you never know
Oh, she did?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Oh, she did?
She had a really bad case of postpartum depression. She's been an advocate for less stigma regarding the issue and has been a huge inspiration and resource for suffering parents everywhere. She took some time off to focus on being a mother and getting treatment for her PPD.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
?????????? i literally didn't get anything
i said alyson probally a backup va for kairi just in case hayden can't do kairi voice for some reason

She had a really bad case of postpartum depression. She's been an advocate for less stigma regarding the issue and has been a huge inspiration and resource for suffering parents everywhere. She took some time off to focus on being a mother and getting treatment for her PPD.
yeah it was pretty bad i heard on news that she wanted to hurt her own kid

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the problem isn't that they ask Osment to sound young, but more that they ask him to act over-the-top, which they apparently equate to Disney characters (Donald & Goofy act the same way in the later games).

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Wow, I didn't know that, so between ReCOM and BBS it was going on as BBS and DDD were times we heard her speak as Kairi or Xion?

I feel awkward never knowing that and upset no one talks about it. Probably was hard for her.

Rix

:)
Awards
It does sound weird when he's trying to sound young. But I don't really see it as that much of a problem. HJO has voiced Sora for so long now. It would have felt even weirder if they replaced his voice with someone else.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
It does sound weird when he's trying to sound young. But I don't really see it as that much of a problem. HJO has voiced Sora for so long now. It would have felt even weirder if they replaced his voice with someone else.
Agreed. No matter how much he aged, he's still pretty much the only Sora to me.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Yeah, I know some people wish that they'd get someone else for him when it's younger Sora (and I can get why)... but even then, I don't see the need?

I'm probably just biased, but I just can't imagine anyone else as Sora (I think they could make him come off as obnoxious rather than endearing like HJO does), and I actually prefer his older voice (although I adore his KH1 voice for that game, don't get me wrong).

I'll admit that Haley Joel Osment does probably sound too old for even a fifteen-sixteen-year-old, but I think that's something they could run into even if they tried to replace him? Unless they really get someone that young?

But anyway... Haley Joel Osment is our Sora, and I'm SO thankful for all he's done for this series and how he plays Sora, and I'll never want anyone else but him.

And I hope he never leaves... despite some of this series' bad writing and cheesiness at times, that he easily could want to leave for (and I appreciate him all the more that he hasn't; though I can understand it if he leaves after this saga--and I wouldn't blame him for it--even if I will miss him).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I know some people wish that they'd get someone else for him when it's younger Sora (and I can get why)... but even then, I don't see the need?

I'm probably just biased, but I just can't imagine anyone else as Sora (I think they could make him come off as obnoxious rather than endearing like HJO does), and I actually prefer his older voice (although I adore his KH1 voice for that game, don't get me wrong).

I'll admit that Haley Joel Osment does probably sound too old for even a fifteen-sixteen-year-old, but I think that's something they could run into even if they tried to replace him? Unless they really get someone that young?

But anyway... Haley Joel Osment is our Sora, and I'm SO thankful for all he's done for this series and how he plays Sora, and I'll never want anyone else but him.

And I hope he never leaves... despite some of this series' bad writing and cheesiness at times, that he easily could want to leave for (and I appreciate him all the more that he hasn't; though I can understand it if he leaves after this saga--and I wouldn't blame him for it--even if I will miss him).
who know a kid from the six sense would be a great sora

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
The voice tone of Sora is weird for a REASON and i better not tell. Ok no, I don´t have an issue unlike a lot of the people in this thread. Isn´t HJO arround 28 years old or something? We don´t know the reason with the whole voice situation.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The problem is the opposite, actually. He's trying to sound like young Sora when he should be sounding like KH2 Sora.

Is he? I don't feel like he's trying to sound like KH1 Sora. Even KH2 was a loong time ago and who really knows what happened to his voice in that time.

Precursor Mar

Is he? I don't feel like he's trying to sound like KH1 Sora. Even KH2 was a loong time ago and who really knows what happened to his voice in that time.

Clearly. He's been doing that voice for about a decade, since the games after KH2 have only featured KH1 Sora. He's still perfectly capable of doing his KH2 voice if his work on that Final Mix scene in KH2.5 is any indication.

Him being older should make it easier, not harder. I do agree that the voice director probably shares some of the blame.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Welp, I have to admit with KH2 I didn't think his voice fit that greatly anymore, but that's mainly because Sora's german voice is perfectly on point to me.

I can still see HJO do well if he just stops trying to sound much younger than he is. He can still display Sora's personality by trying to sounds funny, not young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back