• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SOTWW entry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kk_s

hooker.png

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Aside from it being rather large, I think it looks pretty swish. Maybe blurring the background and sharpening the stock a little could help bring it out that little bit more, too

Awards
I hate to say it, but that's a bit over the boundaries of what might pass as a 'signature,' least of all for the competition.

However, on what the actual piece offers: your eyes dart all over the image. Other details are nice but your main focus should the stock image, and as such you need to bring it out more. I'd consider actually making something with the solid circles. On one hand they're nice and all with different layers of distortion throughout from zero to maxed, but on the other hand it just looks unfinished with everything else that's going on. And I suppose as a final gripe, the edges of the text could use being smoothed out and not be so jagged.

Otherwise it's not bad- it just doesn't feel finished.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Glad to see that you downsized for SotW, ahah. I actually prefer the smaller one, btw. Only suggestion i have is to play with lighting more. In that respect it's pretty flat at the minute, play on the effects you've already got like maybe adding more shade to the left of her face and make it ultra bright when the star effect is next to the right of her face. I also think it'd look nice with some text on the bottom right, just slightly over the stock to add a little bit more depth.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
use the same size(maybe slightly bigger), font and colours as the other text and i think it'd be great. Don't be afraid to cut half the text off at the bottom too, like this:

thingyyyy.png

Sparks

gone
D:

The font doesn't have the option to bold D: D: D: D:

Lol if you click on the move button (the very top one on the left toolbar with the mouse and the 4 arrows, that one) then click on free transform (it should be a checkbox) then pull it out width-wise, then it will be bolder for you :p
Sometimes though it will be more blurry... so just don't drag it out too much.

Kk_s

Ah I've done that with text before :p , it usually just look like poop thou :O

Sparks

gone
That's why you just do it a little bit, and not make it super bolded :p (I only do it for clipping masks anyways but still it will bold)

ANYWAYS, some real cnc, this is really great, the colors, the effects, are all very nice. My only crit is that the black border could be removed, like Cloud says, have less text. I would say just get rid of the "hears" (I think that's what it says lol) and just keep the orange word because the red just takes away from the focal. I don't really think you need to bold it if you just do that... ._.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I am actually digging the piece, just remove the flare by her eye, it is really distracting. Also the text at the bottom isn't doing anything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back