• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Eater -> Way to Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryantjj

We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater? I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.

VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a keyblade are? There isn't necessarily one keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

These are two statements from Nomura. The first in an interview with him that has been conducted a very, very long time ago, when KH2 was just being released. The second piece is part of Another Report’s Secret Report.I will take out the most important pieces (which coincidently are also the most confusing ones :p)

“Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.”

“Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi.”

About the first piece… Here it says that, if you read the whole thing from above, Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for Way to Dawn. Basically, that means that Soul Eater was used to form (and basically is a part of) Way to Dawn. This can be assumed because I have seen the use of ‘intermediary’ when talking about Body and Soul in the creation of a Nobody. (I could go deeper into that fact, but not now.) So, basically, here it says that Soul Eater was used to create, or as some of you like to call it ‘transformed into’, Way to Dawn.

So, Soul Eater transformed into Way to Dawn, to say it roughly. Okay, now about the second piece of info. The first sentence means that Way to Dawn and Kairi’s Keyblade are real ones just like Sora’s Kingdom Key (Also, they are of the Realm of Light). But in the second sentence, please read closefully, here they’re talking about Soul Eater basically being a different/seperate ‘object’ from Way to Dawn. And even more, they’re talking about transfer, which is probably Soul Eater being given to Kairi. It just took on a different form. How? I don’t know. Maybe it is a special Keyblade that takes the form of the wielder’s Heart? Also, note that Soul Eater does not have a Keychain and Kairi’s Keyblade does. That alone must indicate that they are both different blades..

Now, I know this isn’t much of a theory. Actually, this is more of a request. Please tell me if you know more about Soul Eater. I feel that it is an important thing, mainly because it relates to Way to Dawn, which relates to Riku and even to Ven. Please help me out to create a solid theory on Soul Eater and Way to Dawn.

V

V.A.T.13

Heres my two cents:
It just took on a different form. How? I don’t know. Maybe it is a special Keyblade that takes the form of the wielder’s Heart?
It basically split into two. Like Sora's blade did. The reason it looks like that though is because he thought of Kairi when it appeared. I think the reason it split into two was because Riku had two hearts within him at the time. His and Xehanort's.

Bryantjj

Oops, I forget to ask you not to start about Keyblade splitting because I do NOT believe in that... Heh heh, sorry. But thanks for replying.

Basically, how could a Keyblade split into two? Where did that come from? Was it stated? Please answer shortly if you know because that is not what this topic is about.
(Also, even if Riku had two Hearts in him, how could one key split into two?? And Keyblades don't just appear, as said by Nomura.)

Bryantjj

No, the point is that she got Soul Eater!!! Sorry if I sound stubborn :p

V

V.A.T.13

Oops, I forget to ask you not to start about Keyblade splitting because I do NOT believe in that... Heh heh, sorry. But thanks for replying.
Sorry D:

Basically, how could a Keyblade split into two?
What I think: Two strong hearts = two keyblades. :/
Where did that come from?
Both Roxas and Sora dual weild, and see below.
Was it stated?
Not really, but if you go back to the quotes you posted:

Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

As in "it" he was talking about Dawn wasn't he? Yet we see Riku hold Dawn and Kairi hold the one he gave he at the same time. Thus, why people would think it split into two.

(Also, even if Riku had two Hearts in him, how could one key split into two?? And Keyblades don't just appear, as said by Nomura.)
Based on what some people ( and I believe ), Xehanort had a strong heart and keyblade. Riku has a strong heart and keyblade. Two strong hearts = two keyblades. :/

Bryantjj

"However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi." In this sentence, if you read carefully, you see that Soul Eater and it are both the same thing. Way to Dawn is not mentioned in any way.
Also, your two strong hearts= two keyblades can't be right. Nomura said:
"Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

But still, thank you so much for replying! :D

V

V.A.T.13

"However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi." In this sentence, if you read carefully, you see that Soul Eater and it are both the same thing. Way to Dawn is not mentioned in any way.
So what is that saying? Dawn and Soul are two seperate weapons that Riku has? If you read the other quotes Nomura said:

I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form.

So isn't Soul eater and Dawn the same thing right now? And if so, then Riku and Kairi are handling it at the same time.
Also, your two strong hearts= two keyblades can't be right.
"Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."
Nomura says that, yet when Kairi's blade appears in Riku's hand, she asks him where it came from. He says he doesn't know, but when he remembered something about her it just appeared.

But still, thank you so much for replying! :D

Welcome. :3

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Basically, how could a Keyblade split into two? Where did that come from? Was it stated? Please answer shortly if you know because that is not what this topic is about.

Thank you. I also do not believe in that. As for Soul Eater and Way to Dawn...Nomura seems to slightly contradict himself there. First, he states you can't get keyblades out of nowhere, and then later, he says later there isn't a particular explanation. You'd think if you couldn't get keyblades out of nowhere, there'd be an important reason why Soul Eater transformed into Way to Dawn, and why that flowery keyblade appeared in his hand.

Also, he contradicts himself again in that same interview, stating, as you posted, that Kairi, Sora's, and Riku's keyblades are the same type of keyblade. One can assume that, based on the other info given in that interview, he means they are all light realm keyblades.

However, he also states that Riku's keyblade is of an inbetween realm...twilight. WTF?

I believe Soul Eater was a weapon of darkness, possibly created by Maleficent for Riku to use, or Riku's own heart( might be his potential to wield keyblades manifesting itself).

I believe eyes might be a common motif among weapons of darkness.

Take a look at this(credit goes to kh-3.net for it):

333.jpg

Both those keyblades have eyes on them. Like Riku's Soul Eater, I believe that they might be weapons of darkness( although Soul Eater was not a keyblade). Also, something else: Xehanort's Heartless was able to manipulate the Soul Eater's form, turning it into a sort of staff:YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Xehanort's Heartless - Third Battle

I believe that he used the power of darkness to do so. I believe that Soul Eater is a flexible weapon, which can change shape, so if it was able to become a staff due to the power of darkness which (might) have created it, who is to say that Riku's strong heart, his potential to wield a keyblade, could not have altered the weapon's shape, turning it into a keyblade?

I believe that this theory is not without flaws, but it nonetheless something I thought I might share...

Last edited:

Bryantjj

Yes ,that's the confusing part. Are Soul Eater and Way to Dawn seperate keys, or are they the same Keyblade? It points to being seperate ones but there are some facts that point in the other direction. Anyway, you have made a few things clear to me, so thank you!

I'll be going to bed now, so everyone, please tell me all you know about Soul Eater.... I'll read everything tomorrow and I hope to form a solid theory on Soul Eater and Way to Dawn!
V.A.T.13, thanks for helping me!

HadesDragon, thanks for your info. And where did you get that pic? I remember taking that exact screenshot some time ago? Lol.... :p (Way to Dawn also has THE eye.....)

V

V.A.T.13

I believe Soul Eater was a weapon of darkness, possibly created from Maleficent or Riku's own heart( might be his potential to wield keyblades manifesting itself).
How come you say Maly gave it to him? I thought Ansem(H) did...
Cause if he did, that would explain a lil about Baldy and D.S. having those eyes on them...because he prolly created them...ish....maybe...kinda...
...You know what I mean, right? D:
Also, something else: Xehanort's Heartless was able to manipulate the Soul Eater's form, turning it into a sort of staff:
Baton. It was a freaking baton. And he twirled it like a cheerleader....*sing song voice* faaagggeeeet....

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yes ,that's the confusing part. Are Soul Eater and Way to Dawn seperate keys, or are they the same Keyblade? It points to being seperate ones but there are some facts that point in the other direction. Anyway, you have made a few things clear to me, so thank you!

I'll be going to bed now, so everyone, please tell me all you know about Soul Eater.... I'll read everything tomorrow and I hope to form a solid theory on Soul Eater and Way to Dawn!
V.A.T.13, thanks for helping me!

HadesDragon, thanks for your info. And where did you get that pic? I remember taking that exact screenshot some time ago? Lol.... :p (Way to Dawn also has THE eye.....)

You're welcome. I wanted to take a screenshot, but when I tried to put it into a program to save it as an image, all I got was a dark screen...so I went online to kh-3.net and took it from there.

Well, not really much is known about Soul Eater. We do know that Riku obtained it some time after landing up in Hollow Bastion, because when Sora and Riku meet in Traverse Town, he already has it.

We also know that Riku can, presumably, make it disappear and appear out of thin air much like he could later do with the Way to Dawn (or maybe he just stuffs it somewhere in his pockets, if he had any, which I don't know...).

I think it is safe to say, however, that Soul Eater was not really a keyblade, since it doesn't really have a "key" look, and well, looks much like something created from darkness( which Riku immersed himself in at that time).

Way to Dawn still bears vestiges of being a weapon of darkness, with the morbid eye and the whole bat wings look, but its look is softened by the little angel wing protruding from the tip, giving it a key look, along with a keyblade-like handle.

...let's see. Oh, that video I posted: Ansem was able to presumably alter the shape of the weapon, essentially using TWO Soul Eaters at the same time. Which shows that Soul Eater's shape can be changed....

...also, Riku's Soul Eater transformed into Way to Dawn sometime after we see him in the Land of Dragons. In cutscenes in the World that Never Was where he still looks like Xehanort's Heartless, including the one where he rescues Naminé and Kairi from Saix, and the one where Ansem the Wise talks about his transformation while we see him fighting Heartless alongside Kairi, we can see clearly that he is using the Way to Dawn.

We can also be pretty sure that Way to Dawn is a true keyblade, judging from how it reacted when it was brought in contact with Sora's Kingdom Key and Mickey's Dark Realm keyblade.

...I think that's pretty much everything.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
How come you say Maly gave it to him? I thought Ansem(H) did...
Cause if he did, that would explain a lil about Baldy and D.S. having those eyes on them...because he prolly created them...ish....maybe...kinda...
...You know what I mean, right? D:

I get what you mean. It was just a guess(shrugs). But how could Ansem have given him Soul Eater? He and Riku first came into contact with each other at Hollow Bastion, right after Riku lost the keyblade.

And yet Riku was seen using Soul Eater as far back as Traverse Town. That's what makes me think Ansem couldn't have given it to him.

Like I said, it might also be a weapon created from the darkness of Riku's heart, perhaps a manifestation of his power to wield a keyblade.

Or Maleficent might have created it for him. With all her power, I don't think making a weapon of darkness would be too difficult.

Baton. It was a freaking baton. And he twirled it like a cheerleader....*sing song voice* faaagggeeeet....

Okay. It was a baton. But you got what I was trying to say, right?

...crap. I double posted...I've got to remember to use that damn edit button, like I keep telling all the new members to do...

[√]Genuflect
Well, Soul Eater is a part of Way to dawn.
Isn't it obvious?Riku has no other weapon.
I guess it evolved into Way to Dawn in his adventures in the road to dawn.

V

V.A.T.13

I get what you mean. It was just a guess(shrugs). But how could Ansem have given him Soul Eater? He and Riku first came into contact with each other at Hollow Bastion, right after Riku lost the keyblade.

And yet Riku was seen using Soul Eater as far back as Traverse Town. That's what makes me think Ansem couldn't have given it to him.

Like I said, it might also be a weapon created from the darkness of Riku's heart, perhaps a manifestation of his power to wield a keyblade.

Or Maleficent might have created it for him. With all her power, I don't think making a weapon of darkness would be too difficult.
Ah. I get ya.
But, there could of been other times Riku met Ansem. Such as, during the storm, one can assume Riku and Kairi we're in the secert cavern together ( bow chika wow wow ) since Riku was the one to open the door. ( without a keyblade nonetheless. I wonder how. Xehanort does the same also. Opening a door that is...)

Ansem could of shown himself to Riku and/or Kairi maybe? perhaps? yes? no? no? okay I'll hush...

Okay. It was a baton. But you got what I was trying to say, right?
Yes, yes, I was just playing with ya. XD It is indeed a type of staff, but he twirls it like a baton. My friends and I make fun of that often. Same with Xemnas. Cept Xemmy's git acobating skillz.

V

V.A.T.13

^ I blame fanfics. Sometimes, they make more since than the games. XD

Athaydea

Bronze Member
lmfao ...thats why i get so pissed ...you can read a fanfic and think totally different about alot of things

V

V.A.T.13

I blame fanfics for alot of things. For instance, I didn't like AxelxRoxas ( it was too popular, like Naruto, or Hikaru and Kaoru >>; )
But then, I read some really good fanfics, and realized that this pairing was far more tragic, and more hilarious than RikuxSora. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back