• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Eater's status as a Keyblade or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-SANtos

Awards
This discussion continues from here,as it is off topic to that thread.

First, I said the Soul Eater is a Keyblade according to one source, then somepeople said it isn't.
This thread is about thistopic.

You're arguing semantics.
A Keyblade is a sword but a sword is not a Keyblade. They are intrinsically different because of the Keyblade's nature as a whole. Soul Eater is not a Keyblade because it does not unlock hearts, release hearts, free hearts, unlock doors or keyholes. It is just a sword.

And how does that refute what I said?
Mobile calls it a Keyblade, and no source calls it "not a Keyblade", therefeore Mobile isn't contradicting anything, and the Soul Eater is a Keyblade until Square Enix or Nomura refutes the claim.

A Keyblade is a type of sword. Xigbar even calls it a "key-shaped sword" (鍵型の剣, kagi-gata no ken) in KHIIFM, and Days calls the Oblivion and Way to the Dawn"swords". Plus it releases pink hearts in Days.

I'm too lazy to look up videos for photo proof that they do (it is rare that they show SDG defeat any normal heartless on-screen since you play as them),but that doesn't change the fact that people like Leon & Cloud are shown releasing hearts when defeating Heartless. Would you like to argue that their weapons are Keyblades as well?
I would argue it's a plot hole/continuity error, or that Days's gray hearts are a retcon.

It also isn't a normal Keyblade. The loop really doesn't matter, though.
First, how do we know it not being a normal Keyblade would affect itsappearance?
Second, according to Days the Dream Sword is a Keyblade, and it doesn't have a loop for a keychain.
Third, the main identifying feature of a Keyblade is the ability of releasing hearts, so it doesn't matter how they look. We have seen Keyblades lacking teeth (Fenrir), handguards (Umbrella), and keychains (Keyblade Graveyard), so why is it so difficult to accept that a Keyblade may lack a loop?

What is this officially published source?
Kingdom Hearts Mobile.

Mobile is not a source.
What do you mean it's not a source?
If it's not fan made,then it's automatically a source.
Mobile's status as non-canon only means it can't refute canon, and its claim of Soul Eater as a Keyblade doesn't contradict anything.

The service doesn't even exist anymore.
Then you can look up info here.

Maleficent gave Riku Soul Eater.
Where do you think shegot her hands on an "incomplete Keyblade"?

Source? The first game doesn't show how Riku obtained the Soul Eater, and giventhat coded reveals he met Ansem at Destiny Islands, I'd rather think ithas something to do with him, since he wields a double-edged version of it, or that he obtained it himself.

It also doesn't say that the soul eater IS a keyblade either. In fact everygame the soul eater is featured in it is referred too as a sword.
The Oblivion and Way to the Dawn are also called swords in Days.

This isn't even arguing semantics. Yes the keyblade can be used LIKE asword but it can also be used like a wand to channel magic and it can evenchange into other forms and be used as a cannon or blaster guns, hell you caneven turn it into a vehicle anduse them as transport.

And, staying true to the name, they also serve as keys allowing one to opengateways to other worlds, seal any door/lock, they also free capture hearts andthey even have power over normal door and chest locks.
They are the ultimate master key.

To consider the keyblade as just a key-shaped sword is to ignore all the otherfunctions it possesses. The keyblade is many things, not JUST asword.

Though, out of all the things you listed, it's only ever called "key"and "sword". Xigbar calls them "key-shaped swords" and
Days even callsthe Oblivion and Way to the Dawn swords.

Nor is the soul eater a "incomplete" keyblade. Keyblades manifest before their wielders, they dont exist in any physical state until they first appear to their wielder, which we learned in the DDD glossary:
It only states that the heart must be proven for it to manifest, it doesn't state the Keyblade doesn't exist before then. And how does that prove that incomplete Keyblades can't manifest somehow?

And anyway, Xehanort said Keyblades are man-made, so there must be a process in which they are made. For all we know, Ansemnort could have cheated this process and given Riku the ability to summon his Keyblade before it was complete.

This only helps my case not yours. By showing that EVERY weapon frees a heart,it's just that the keyblade makes sure it doesn't reform as a heartless later.
Again, Days depicts the difference between these and has theSoul Eater freeing hearts.

And that link is in no way a viable source of information.
Unless it comes from the mouth of nomura himself or the games it is nota viable, reliable, or even remotely useable source of information.

The only viable sources of information are nomura and the games as they are themain sources of all information in this series.

And unless you can find something IN THOSE sources to back your claims your not gonna be taken seriously and only meet with the resistance you've been shown because nobody will accept it as truth.

Mobile calls the Soul Eater a Keyblade, nothing explicitly contradictsit, and it releases pink hears in Days, the one game that depicts the difference between freed and non-freed hearts. That's my evidence and is mentioned in the link I posted.

The link you posted is neither of those things and on top of that it's from awikia which is an entirely USER EDITED fan site.
Which means it's as unreliable as the thousands people that edit the place.
I'm glad you retracted the claim that Wikis have more fan speculation than fact, because that kind of claim without some kind of backing up by demonstrating multiple Wikis full of speculation is ludicrous. Also, this prevents the snarky comment I originally intended to make.

Anyway, the entire point of a Wiki is that any available person can add info in order to complete the site, and the fact that anyone can edit is exactly (I think, there may be other reasons) why Wikis have admins: To prevent them from becoming a mess. I'm an admin in Digimon Wiki, and sometimes I have to clean false claims like "T.K. married Kari in the Japanese version" or someone claiming that Gabumon is a Canine-type Digimon when all the sources say it's a Reptile-type, and even if a source saying any other type shows up, it wouldn't invalidate the reptile-type because we were never told types are exclusive.

Pretending Wikis are inherently less accurate than any other compendiums of information is as valid as saying a Physics book is inaccurate because it isn't the actual experiment or wasn't written by the one who made the experiment. Sure, Wikis aren't the official sources, but they have (and if they don't, they should) citations listing the sources, which are exactly meant as a means for people to check if the info is correct or not.

Not everything has to be explicitly stated for things to be true. We should never expect to always be spoonfed with information, thus we will need to makeuse of gift of thought to perform analyses, connect the dots, and arrive at conclusions.
It's no different in this case.

I honestly don't know what being spoonfed or not has to do with the discussion when Nomura has spoonfed us that Riku and the King couldn't cross the door, which he himself said was already implied in the game.

In addition, that there's no source that calls it "not a Keyblade" isn't really a substantiated claim to support your cause on its own.
I can even say that it's a flawed reasoning. Going by that, I could alsosay that everyone in the series are dead since it has never been said that theyare not. Or rather, more relevantly to the topic, I could also say that Leon'sgunblade, Cloud's sword, Goofy's shield, Donald's staff, and the Organizationmembers' weapons are all Keyblades because it has never been said that they arenot Keyblades, but we know that it isn't true.

What? Dude, these weapons were never called Keyblades. I'm only using "nothing says it's not a Keyblade" as evidence to show Mobile's claim isn't contradicting anything, and thus there's nothing refuting it.

The Keyblade-sword relationship doesn't work both ways. A Keyblade is a sword indeed, but not all swords are Keyblades. Therefore, you can't say that non-Keyblade swords are Keyblades, the way you can't say non-canid animals are canids or non-strawberry fruits are strawberries.
It simply isn't that black-and-white.

The what?
The Soul Eater is called a sword in Mobile, never stated to not be a Keyblade in any source, and releases pink hearts in Days, the only game to ever show a visible differentiation between Keyblades and non-Keyblades killing Emblem Heartless, and it become the Way to the Dawn. It is literally a form of Riku's Keyblade.

I understand it's tempting to think that the it is a Keyblade since it is used as the design basis of the Way to the Dawn, but being an object that the Way to the Dawn was derived from doesn't necessarily mean that the Soul Eater aKeyblade itself.

For example, consider Lea's Keyblade. It was derived from his chakrams, butwould you say that his chakrams are a Keyblade?
Unlike the Soul Eater, they were never called a Keyblade anywhere, and releasegray hearts in Days.
Also, did you think that maybe, just maybe, the Keyblade only happens to look like his chakrams? Aren't keychains implied to be formed from memory (i.e. Nomura stating Sora lost all his keychains when entering Castle Oblivion)?

And what's in that link doesn't really look like a discussion to me. It lookslike a one-man war in which this particular person tried to force his or herbelief to others.
If using the sources and evidences to prove a point is forcing your beliefsinto others, then yeah, the Digimon Wikia tries to force you to believe thatAgumon can evolve to Centarumon by providing a citation to the source wherethis happens.

Have you read the full discussion? One of the guys kept saying over and over that it was never proved that only Keyblades can release hearts, even after being told it was. Plus, in the end of the discussion, the ones saying the Soul Eater is not a Keyblade admitted being wrong.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I never considered it a keyblade, but then again, I never witnessed Riku try to do anything keyblade-like with it and succeed/fail, so who knows.

But on the topic of soul eater, to everyone who thinks my username is from the anime soul eater, IT ISN'T! It is from this weapon! Thank you for your time.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Soul Eater...I don't consider a Keyblade. Aside from Mobile, which is the only thing that refers to Soul Eater as a Keyblade ever but has no bearing on the overarching story, it's never referred to as such. A part of the conflict in KH1 was that Sora "stole" KK which at the time belonged to Riku. Also, as far as the other characters were concerned there was only one "new" key that had to be searched for. In fact, much of KH1 revolved around only three Keyblades which all had direct bearing on the plot: KK, KKD, and TKoPH. Adding a fourth Keyblade, Soul Eater, would just be redundant and negate a chunk of the plot points of KH1. Riku wouldn't have to have taken away KK, Donald wouldn't have rejected Riku when Sora asked if he could come, destroying worlds would have been easier and Maleficent would have sent Riku to unlock their hearts, etc. Soul Eater being a Keyblade brings about a few plot holes and it over all just seems unnecessary to have made it one.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

Awards
Aside from Mobile, which is the only thing that refers to Soul Eater as a Keyblade ever but has no bearing on the overarching story, it's never referred to as such.
It releases pink hearts in Days, the one game that explicitly differentiates Keyblades and non-Keyblades-dealt kills.

A part of the conflict in KH1 was that Sora "stole" KK which at the time belonged to Riku. Also, as far as the other characters were concerned there was only one "new" key that had to be searched for. In fact, much of KH1 revolved around only three Keyblade: KK, KKD, and TKoPH, which all had direct bearing on the plot. Adding a fourth Keyblade, Souls Eater, would just be redundant and negate a chunk of the plot points of KH1. Riku wouldn't have to have taken away KK, Donald wouldn't have rejected Riku when Sora asked if he could come, destroying worlds would have been easier and Maleficent would have sent Riku to unlock their hearts, etc. Soul Eater being a Keyblade brings about a few plot holes and it over all just seems unnecessary to have made it one.
You can read some details here, but the implications are that the Soul Eater is an incomplete Keyblade, and thus it could not have all the abilities a Keyblade has. For all we know, releasing hearts from an Emblem Heartless is the only Keyblade ability it has.
As for the plot holes, the same guy from the post I linked offered a plausible explanation for them here.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Firstly, you keep trying to use a non-canon game for your proof, (mobile) but it doesn't matter how many things you say it doesn't contradict that's never going to hold water. A non-canon game could have a complete description, pictures and biography of Sora's mom, but unless it's specifically said to count by the creator, then your one game that doesn't count for anything in the KH mythology is going to always be discounted.

Secondly, your Days argument for heart releasing isn't as solid as you think. The thing that determines whether or not a pink heart is released or not [from what I've seen playing myself and video footage] isn't the weapon that's being used, but if the character is a classified keyblade wielder or not. This is proven because Sora can extract pink hearts with the Dream Sword, which is clearly not a keyblade. Sora and Riku are the only keyblade wielders to have a non-keyblade weapon, both being swords, but can release hearts only because they're wielders.

Ruran

Awards
It releases pink hearts in Days, the one game that explicitly differentiates Keyblades and non-Keyblades-dealt kills.

I never finished actually playing Days because my cartridge borked so you're going to have provided a source for me a define what you mean by "releases pink hearts".

You can read some details here, but the implications are that the Soul Eater is an incomplete Keyblade, and thus it could not have all the abilities a Keyblade has. For all we know, releasing hearts from an Emblem Heartless is the only Keyblade ability it has.
As for the plot holes, the same guy from the post I linked offered a plausible explanation for them here.

I tried reading that post earlier but I'm not all that invested in that thread so that post alone feels out of context. Doesn't help that they didn't properly quote whoever they were talking to and was refering to Nomura quotes without actually bringing them up. Either Way, I don't really buy that SE is an incomplete Keyblade. There's just too much of a lack of information to say that it is. What the person you linked said certainly is a plausible take, but it's still just a theory on their part. With the "evolution" of Keyblades very rarely being touched on, or how they're created in general, there's nothing definitive and only educated guesses.

G-SANtos

Awards
Firstly, you keep trying to use a non-canon game for your proof, (mobile) but it doesn't matter how many things you say it doesn't contradict that's never going to hold water. A non-canon game could have a complete description, pictures and biography of Sora's mom, but unless it's specifically said to count by the creator, then your one game that doesn't count for anything in the KH mythology is going to always be discounted.
Non-canon doesn't mean not a source, it only means it can't be used to refute canon. So yeah, if Mobile described Sora's mom, that description would be valid until a main game contradicted it.

Secondly, your Days argument for heart releasing isn't as solid as you think. The thing that determines whether or not a pink heart is released or not [from what I've seen playing myself and video footage] isn't the weapon that's being used, but if the character is a classified keyblade wielder or not. This is proven because Sora can extract pink hearts with the Dream Sword, which is clearly not a keyblade. Sora and Riku are the only keyblade wielders to have a non-keyblade weapon, both being swords, but can release hearts only because they're wielders.
That's speculation, and the game calls the Dream Sword a Keyblade by defining Sora's weapon type as Keyblade.

I never finished actually playing Days because my cartridge borked so you're going to have provided a source for me a define what you mean by "releases pink hearts".
In the game, if an Emblem Heartless is defeated by a Keyblade if releases a pink heart, and with any other weapon it releases a gray heart. When you defeat an Emblem Heartless with the Soul Eater, it releases a pink heart.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The fact is the days and heart thing is just speculation on youd part as well as kh2 shows Loen an the gang battling heartless as well and when they release hearts they are pink which you seem to think is important.
Kh1 also shows the released from the heartless defeated Donald and Goodys weapons also being pink in game play.

And on top of that the dream sword is no where near a keyblade. All keybearer characters in days are referred to as keyblade types because thata the type of GROUP they fall under not because of the weapon they're wielding which is shown by Sora and his dream sword.

G-SANtos

Awards
The fact is the days and heart thing is just speculation on youd part
Speculation? The game is explicit (and is even about) in the fact that Keyblades and non-Keyblades have different effects on Emblem Heartless's hearts.

as well as kh2 shows Loen an the gang battling heartless as well and when they release hearts they are pink which you seem to think is important.
Kh1 also shows the released from the heartless defeated Donald and Goodys weapons also being pink in game play.
Honestly, it's not my fault that the games couldn't be consistent with this, but Days explicit depicts the difference, and has the Soul Eater releasing pink hearts.
Plus Nomura said the Soul Eater transformed into the Way to the Dawn. The implication is that the Soul Eater is a "Keyblade-in-progress".

And on top of that the dream sword is no where near a keyblade. All keybearer characters in days are referred to as keyblade types because thata the type of GROUP they fall under not because of the weapon they're wielding which is shown by Sora and his dream sword.
Speculation. The game refers to their weapon type, and no character wields different types of weapons. Again, in Days any weapon other than a Keyblade used on an Emblem Heartless releases gray hearts, and the Soul Eater and Dream Sword release pink hearts.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, it's not my fault that the games couldn't be consistent with this, but Days explicit depicts the difference, and has the Soul Eater releasing pink hearts.
Really, dude? You're going to argue KH2's lack of consistency, yet the thought doesn't cross that a multiplayer game isn't going to stay consistent with what was established in the game?

Plus Nomura said the Soul Eater transformed into the Way to the Dawn. The implication is that the Soul Eater is a "Keyblade-in-progress".
If SE truly transformed all the way into TWTD, then Riku shouldn't be able to summon SE again like he's been shown to do, just his keyblade.

The connection between Riku's sword and keyblade seems the same with Lea's chakrams and Keyblade. Both used previous weapons they were comfortable with using as a intermediary for how their keyblades would look.

Edit:
Speculation. The game refers to their weapon type, and no character wields different types of weapons. Again, in Days any weapon other than a Keyblade used on an Emblem Heartless releases gray hearts, and the Soul Eater and Dream Sword release pink hearts.
No one OTHER then Sora and Riku use different weapons, because the developers weren't going to be so nit-picky consistent as to say they can't wield anything but their classified weapon type. There has already been plenty of ways explained how keyblades and regular swords are distinctly different, and the multiplayer game isn't keeping consistent with those differences because that's a minute detail that isn't important for the gameplay experience for it.

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards
Speculation? The game is explicit (and is even about) in the fact that Keyblades and non-Keyblades have different effects on Emblem Heartless's hearts.

Eh...you can't really dismiss aesthetic when it suits your whims. How do you know that SE releasing pink hearts isn't just an oversight? KH, as a video game series, is partly a visual medium and how they choose to portray something sometimes changes. It's especially tricky when things play out during gameplay because often times, stuff that happens is just game mechanic. Until Days, other weapons never released grey hearts and I don't think there's much significance behind it besides aesthetic. The other times that non Keyblade weapons were shown as releasing pink hearts can't automatically be dismissed as "consistency issues".

The implication of SE being a "Keyblade-in-progress" is too vague. Nomura also said that there's only one Keyblade per heart and despite Sora using KK, Riku was still its rightful owner. There's nothing definitive is all I'm saying.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Really, dude? You're going to argue KH2's lack of consistency, yet the thought doesn't cross that a multiplayer game isn't going to stay consistent with what was established in the game?

Neither are confirmed. Don't be rude.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes its explicit on that aspect but it never brings up the pink vs grey detail nor even mentions it in the explanation. That part is something you added in assumption for convenience.

All Marluxia explains to Roxas is the difference between emblem and pureblood and the difference between defeating them with a normal weapon vs a keyblade.

So let me get this straight, your arguing about the consistency of days and a non-canon game like mobile but just ignore it all when I bring up kh1&2?
Good counterargument bro totally helps your case on the subject.

Also no implication was ever made that is another assumption on your part. All nomura says is the WTD used the soul eater as an intermediary, not that their same weapon or that the SE is an incomplete keyblade.
Hell riku got that sword from maleficent who isn't a wielder, and because of that, her knowledge on the weapon is like any other none wielder, very limited.

The only ones with full understanding of keyblades are the masters who know things and are already shown to have at least two abilities normal wielders dont. (which means they likely have others)

Your the one spouting speculation, the dream swords first appearance was before sora had a keyblade of his own in kh1. Thus it cant be a keyblade.

Or are you gonna tell me a weapon Sora literally got in a dream before he had a keyblade of his own or even seen a keyblade, that only appears again in a non-canonical multiplayer mode, is a keyblade as well.

EDIT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Guys, try not to let this become an attack. Most of us here may not agree with the OP but let's still try and play nice, m'kay?
I do sincerely apologize, I didn't write this intending it to be that but it's become so, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards
Guys, try not to let this become an attack. Most of us here may not agree with the OP but let's still try and play nice, m'kay?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't know if this is appropriate, so remove it if you wish;

Why or how could anyone ever get so heated in a discussion about the inner logic of a goddamn video game to the point of acting cold or unfriendly to someone? What does that person gain aside from making someone feel uncomfortable? I try to be nice to everyone I meet, it takes a lot to make me unfriendly. If you're nice to everyone, you'll find great benefit. It's not only good for others, but it's a self-serving way to live. So someone is shooting around a crackpot theory about the logistics of a video game, or movie, or anything, why talk down at them? They could have a lot worse going on in their life than being treated like they have some sort of ineptitude on an internet forum, and you could really be messing up their whole day. Sometimes that's all it will take on top of a lot of other things. I'm not going to single people out, because that's a really mean thing to do, but this is a behavior that is WAY too common on this forum. So what if someone doesn't know your favorite game as well as you do? It's nice to discuss, but all I ask is that you discuss things respectfully.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS II Ultimania said:
---We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?
Nomura: I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.
This leads me to believe that, no, Soul Eater is not a Keyblade.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Goodness me, it's snowballed into something that's as huge as this. Oh well, it can't be helped.

Drawing information from canonical sources more important that you think it is. Suppose there's someone in the vast expanse of Internet saying that everything that happens in KH is just in Sora's dream. Would you believe it? That claim is of questionable validity, I'll tell you that, and so is Mobile because it has never been stated as a canonical, official game. It's only that it bears the banner of Kingdom Hearts.

I can also create a KH game set during Xehanort's youth, but would people really use anything, even just a single thing, from my game as basis of their arguments? They won't, because my game is not an approved game.

I also don't understand why you brought up that physics book example. It's a whole different issue altogether; we know that the experiments are true even though the writers did not come up with them, because they are reproducible and consistent. And if you take a peek at other physics books, encyclopaedias, or journal papers, they all work under the same principles and the concepts and information across those media are of course similar to, if not identical with one another. This is in complete contrast with the source you oft cited, Mobile, which is just a one-off and non-canonical source that stands on its own.

I thought it was already clear as day: non-Keyblade weapons are not Keyblades the same way as non-strawberry fruits are not strawberries. Would you say that a banana is a strawberry? Though they are fruits, they are not one and the same. I don't have to explain which is which in this analogy, now, do I?

The fallacy of your argument is due to the fact that you have been mistaken when it comes to what the Soul Eater is classified under. It has been said that Keyblades are swords, which is true, and the Soul Eater is also a sword. However, the umbrella term here is sword instead of Keyblade, so saying that the Soul Eater is a Keyblade because it's a sword is erroneous. That's what you seem to be implying, considering you kept bringing up the fact that the Oathkeeper and Way to the Dawn are swords, too; it sounds like your claim is that because Keyblades are swords, then the Soul Eater is a Keyblade because it, just like the other two examples, is a sword.

But no, this argument could only be true if and only if a sword were classified under the Keyblade category instead of the other way around. This also changes the definition; Keyblades are swords no longer, but now, swords are Keyblades. If this were the case, then we could safely say the Soul Eater is a Keyblade because it's a sword.

And finally, as for that pink / grey heart issue, as others have said earlier on, KH2 cutscenes (not gameplay!) show that even non-Keyblade weapons release pink hearts. Surely that has to count for something, doesn't it? Also, if my memory may be refreshed, does this pink / grey heart thing happen in the main storyline or in Mission Mode?

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really don't see how the Soul Eater could be a keyblade. It's a weapon that was materialized from Riku's darkness. When you really stop to think about it, the Soul Eater is pretty much like the weapons the Organization members wield. It is in no way related to a keyblade.

Gram

Banned
Awards
And finally, as for that pink / grey heart issue, as others have said earlier on, KH2 cutscenes (not gameplay!) show that even non-Keyblade weapons release pink hearts. Surely that has to count for something, doesn't it? Also, if my memory may be refreshed, does this pink / grey heart thing happen in the main storyline or in Mission Mode?

It happens in both but only in gameplay, never in a days cut-scene or even one of the numerous text scenes as far as I remember.

(which leans more toward it being a game mechanic rather than actual phenomenon)

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm not sure that the validity of a difference between pink and grey hearts even matters.

I believe in KHII (and I think Days as well) it's properly explained that while Heartless always release hearts when destroyed, the heart only sinks back into Darkness, to become a Heartless once more. Unless released via Keyblade, in which event it ascends into Kingdom Hearts.

So I've only been skimming the thread and I don't know what the argument about heart color is getting towards, but I'd hazard a guess that it's little more than aesthetic choice and that even if it weren't, there's no observable evidence to discern how these two colors impact the nature of those released hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back