• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speedster Trophy Trick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even though it is super easy to do, if anyone doesn't want to have to play the game again to get the speedster trophy, here's a trick...

Let your game run past 100 hours. At that point the counter restarts at zero and if you beat the game under 15 hours then it still registers as less than 15. Did this by accident but it works.

soramstr

ouch, thats a lot of time to put into one playthrough. its a cool glitch though. I think I did unchanging armor on beginner and speedster and undefeated on normal. Got those knocked out pretty quick but if you happen to miss the boat, your trick is way better than restarting

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Considering I like to let the game keep running when I'm away from home, I might just do this. But still, that'd need at least 4 days and 4 hours' worth of gameplay... and only in Pokemon have I been willing to spend that much time.

I think I'll stick to doing it the orthodox way. :p But thanks for sharing the trick!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Considering I like to let the game keep running when I'm away from home, I might just do this. But still, that'd need at least 4 days and 4 hours' worth of gameplay... and only in Pokemon have I been willing to spend that much time.

I think I'll stick to doing it the orthodox way. :p But thanks for sharing the trick!

ouch, thats a lot of time to put into one playthrough. its a cool glitch though. I think I did unchanging armor on beginner and speedster and undefeated on normal. Got those knocked out pretty quick but if you happen to miss the boat, your trick is way better than restarting

Ya, the trick is mainly for those who may have already done the additional playthroughs and somehow missed this. I accidentally got it so I still have my easy and normal playthroughs to go through.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thanks! xD Best trick ever lol. I'm already half way there, perhaps by the time I get my ultima weapon it'll go over.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh wow really? Thanks for sharing this Monkey. Who would've thought this would be another way to get the trophy lol.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So what if I beat the game before over 100 hours and then after 100 hours just rebeat the boss? I'm curious if that would work cause that would sure be an easy trick on my 100% completion playthrough since I'm definitely surpassing 100 hours on that file ;)

soramstr

So what if I beat the game before over 100 hours and then after 100 hours just rebeat the boss? I'm curious if that would work cause that would sure be an easy trick on my 100% completion playthrough since I'm definitely surpassing 100 hours on that file ;)

Honestly about 60 hours is all you need to 100% the game on proud

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Pretty sure that it would work.

Or, you know, if you want, you can unequip Encounter Plus and Lucky Strike and go out there to gather synthesis materials. That'd add many more minutes to your playtime, but don't blame me if you find yourself pulling your hair. :p

Last edited:

soramstr

Pretty sure that it would work.

Or, you know, if you want, you can unequip Encounter Plus and Lucky Strike and go out there to gather synthesis materials. That'd add many more minutes to your playtime, but don't blame me if you find yourself pulling your hair. :p

Well to do that would be to commit suicide o_O...

kupo1121

Awards

I 100% complete my last file around 70 hours so I think you're right, but with this game I am really taking my time. I haven't even entered Agrabah yet and I'm clocking in at 20 hours so I think I'm gonna go for the gold (figuratively) ;)

Korai

Awards
I thought the timer just stopped at 99:59:59
I thought I saw a video somewhere where it wouldn't go past that time.

soramstr

I had my doubts too but this isnt the first time ive heard someone mention this and i haven't clocked in the time to be able to say its not true so until then I cant really say anything

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I was approaching the 200 hr mark in my playthrough. Maybe I will try this trick.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I was approaching the 200 hr mark in my playthrough. Maybe I will try this trick.

200? Just what have you been doing? @_@ It's ironic that you can actually spend a LOT of time to get a trophy on express playthrough. Probably the trophe should be renamed to Slowpoke. XD

I heard that the clock numbers will change colour once you get past the 100-hour checkpoint. Is that true?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
200? Just what have you been doing? @_@ It's ironic that you can actually spend a LOT of time to get a trophy on express playthrough. Probably the trophe should be renamed to Slowpoke. XD

I heard that the clock numbers will change colour once you get past the 100-hour checkpoint. Is that true?

trying to 100% the game. Even I'm surprised it took me that long, but I have added responsibilities in my life.

And yes they do. Passing the 100 hr mark turns it green. The rest are in Chaser's link.

kupo1121

Awards
I actually like the pre-100 hours color better, but I like the significance of at least acknowledging that it is over 100 hours :p

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Took a picture. Notice the timer is in green, regularly its in blue. The color differentiates that it's over 100 hours, but the trophy just registers the number:

XeFHp-dNfKf44cB62HEVbP1WTm_oeO3itCoJkioQPpQ=w785-h589-no

Orion_666

I already beat it but can i just load my save file and let it run to 100 hrs and still get the trophy? would totally save me a playthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back