• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spider-Man Black or White?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Donald Glover is 26. I think that's a bit too old for the direction they're going with.

I read that he only started this to see how far social networking could carry a message. It's an experiment, not an honest to god campaign.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
It's not like he's seriously being considered right now. Just throwing his name out there.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Noooo. I am all about racial equality but this is just stupid. Black Peter Parker wtf -.-

E

Eyesore

Lmao, I want it to happen just for the amazing lulz bound to occur from it.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
Even when he looks serious, it's silly.

NEmurvpnLgnLpu_1_1.jpg

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
hell no
it just wouldn't fit,
actually i don't think anyone (black/white) would do spiderman better than Tobey Maguire did, he fit the role perfectly...it's sad that he dosen't want to do it again

E

Eyesore

I'd be disgusted.
Wouldn't even watch it, or support it in anyway.
Probably just ignore it's existence, tbh.

Callaghan

Awards
It doesn't fit!
I know Hollywood are utter itchbays when it comes to actually following a comic or books story -
Just look at Wanted, its completely different, just Chars with the same name.
But changing any role from white to black or vise versa, destroys their background as a character, it puts things out of context.
And then people get stereotyping, next they'll have to change Mary Jane too because there will be debates because she's still white, and then if she's changed there will be more in regards to her abusive family, I dunno about in USA but people here get kc*f'd off about Maori being stereotyped as bad families (I think that's what Boy is loosely supposed to be about).
If they want to make a story where the main hero is "black", pick from the wide selection already available!

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
The thing is, though, is how would black people react to an originally black character being portrayed by a white actor?

Like I said in the movie Spider-Man thread, it's a ridiculous double standard.

Raebus

It'd be interesting to see a black peter parker and possible changes to the rest of the characters, if it ever happened anyway. :)

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I'm going to say no on this. Instead, work on a new black super hero, so that when people recognize the name, they'd be like, oh, he's a black super hero. Like Blade for example. Dubbing a black person over an originally white characteristically inspired character design seems too forced for many reasons...

Raebus

That reminds me, has anyone ever seen that show with the black super hero with powers of electricity? I can't remember the name now, someone might. =P

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Spider-Man should be white. He should never be any other race, but white. It just doesn't look right any other way.

Are you referring to the badass show known as "Static Shock," Raebus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back