• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spin-offs You Want to See (regardless of how much sense they make)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
I would to see Re:Coded type game that takes place after Kingdom Hearts III for the Switch where you can play with friends. I like that game.

D

Deleted member 246005

Instead of Coded, I thought of Ventus versus Vanitas playing out in Sora's subconscious. So it's Inside Out instead ;).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Kingdom hearts was pitched as a crossover series so crossing it over with other properties is a core appeal.
They don’t even crossover with Final Fantasy anymore. Why should they with Marvel and especially Star Wars?

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
They don’t even crossover with Final Fantasy anymore. Why should they with Marvel and especially Star Wars?
Hey remember when we were all physched thinking we were gonna get the fibal part to cloud v seph and get lightning and noctis and rinoa. They kinda gut punched us so id put my faith in there being less ff involvement from here on

redcrown

Awards
This might sound like an abomination to a lot of people but........a full Command Board spin off with all the characters and all the worlds having their own unique levels?

I think I was the only person who legit loved it in BBS lol.

D

Deleted member 246005

Same reason they did Ff and Disney in the first place.

Its sounds fun. ;).

Marvel is easier than Star Wars and can work similar to how they did FF in the past.

But the thread is more about what you wanna see rather than what's going to or should happen.

So quick, someone pitch a spinoff where Kairi is actually interesting..... :x

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Let me address the FINAL FANTASY aspect of KINGDOM HEARTS III: there was a lot going on already with the game's story. Yes, they should have made better decisions, and that includes the original properties. That said, Yasue admitted that they received a lot of backlash over the non-inclusion of traditional FF characters. I trust that they've learned their lesson, and will re-implemented Squall & the gang, especially now with how relevant FF's VII and VIII are nowadays. Although I am one of the believers that the Cloud-Sephiroth storyline is over, bringing Cloud back, and possibly Sephiroth via DLC to KH-whatever, will serve as cross-media promotion for the FFVII Remake project, seeing as how I think the Remake will be over once we hit a ten to twelve year span of when the project first started.

Back on topic: the idea of a Command Board spinoff game made me think more of a Mario Party x KINGDOM HEARTS idea. Kingdom Party?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Just because it would be fun and interesting. Not to mention that it would add much more diversity to the heavily Disney-centric universe. I love the animated movies as much as the next guy, but their library is starting to run a little short, and they won't be able to get through many more games without either A) rehashing worlds they've already done before, or B) using lesser known movies that may or may not make for good world material. Of course, even if they could manage to go on ad infinitum just using the animated movies and some of the live-action ones in Disney's canon like PotC and Tron, it would still just be really cool to expand the KH universe to as many properties as possible. Why? Because it's just fun, dammit! And these are not even to speak of the Square Enix properties that could still be utilized.
I admit, it would be really difficult to implement the Marvel/Star Wars properties well, but the KH series at its core is just fan service, so it's uniquely able to get away with far-out stuff like that.
And Like I said I just don't want them to have them be in the KH series, cause they are difficult to put in especially Star Wars. In fact, if Star Wars were to be put I Kingdom Hearts, Lucasfilm would put too many restrictions on the Star Wars based world regardless if it's original and not interfering with the Star Wars canon, plus your talking about so many different Star Wars planets

I just want the worlds to be just Disney Animation, Disney Live-action and Pixar, No need to shoehorned in Marvel and Star Wars imao.

Kingdom hearts was pitched as a crossover series so crossing it over with other properties is a core appeal.
I still don't want them to have them be in the KH series, especially Star Wars.

In all honesty, I don't understand why so many on this forum are against it. It's such an unneeded level of pickiness. I say let's embrace the crazy: Marvel, Star Wars, The Muppets, Disney Afternoon, The Simpsons, Disney Channel Original Movies, ESPN.
The truth is it just would feel out of place and in regards to Star Wars your talking about Many, Many different planets that inhabit the Star Wars Universe and frankly I don't want to just take a gamble to just have all the Star wars planets in one world. Plus Lucasfilm might put restrictions on a Star Wars based world.

Let just have Kingdom Hearts have the worlds to be just Disney Animation, Disney Live-action and Pixar.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
And Like I said I just don't want them to have them be in the KH series, cause they are difficult to put in especially Star Wars. In fact, if Star Wars were to be put I Kingdom Hearts, Lucasfilm would put too many restrictions on the Star Wars based world regardless if it's original and not interfering with the Star Wars canon, plus your talking about so many different Star Wars planets

I just want the worlds to be just Disney Animation, Disney Live-action and Pixar, No need to shoehorned in Marvel and Star Wars imao.

I still don't want them to have them be in the KH series, especially Star Wars.

The truth is it just would feel out of place and in regards to Star Wars your talking about Many, Many different planets that inhabit the Star Wars Universe and frankly I don't want to just take a gamble to just have all the Star wars planets in one world. Plus Lucasfilm might put restrictions on a Star Wars based world.

Let just have Kingdom Hearts have the worlds to be just Disney Animation, Disney Live-action and Pixar.

Why do I get the feeling that back in 2003 you'd be against the live-action Disney worlds? Reject change, resist anything new, embrace the status quo no matter how needlessly restricting it is.

Anyway, I headcanon that "worlds" in KH are really just alternate dimensions/universes anyway. Gummiships travel through "Innerspace" & there's like at least 3 different Londons & 2 Frances already in this series. So a SW"world" would, in fact, be an entire galaxy to itself. Deep Space in BBS had areas that took place on Planet Turo, so a planet as part of a world isn't unprecedented.

But fine, if you need an example of how it works: Make it a filler story in between movies. Pick one iconic planet to set it in & have a Star Destroyer in orbit that the party go into at some point. Throw in a Darth Vader boss, AT-ST boss, & a Gummiship battle against TIE Fighters. If it needs to be more "Disney" make it the Sequel Trilogy filler with Kylo in place of Vader, or have the Rebels cartoon be the setting. It's a big galaxy with decades of history, a smaller scale side story plot in the vein of Solo/Rogue One taking place literally anyway & at any point in time is totally feasible.

They could adapt New Hope, which had fewer planets than other films & is the most iconic. They could go the Caribbean route & jump straight to RotJ, skipping the Jabba part & just having Endor & Death Star II. TFA on Starkiller Base. Shadows of the Empire isn't canon anymore, right? Maybe a new story that fills the gap between ESB & ROtJ (unless Lucasfilm already covered that. IDK).

Heck, Disney Infinity is a great reference point for how a SW world could be done as it had 3 SW story modes that are each about a world's length:

If that game could do it, why wouldn't Square be able to?

As for Marvel, I would vouch for a more exotic location rather than setting it in New York (Save NY for Gargoyles I say). Asgard, Knowhere, or Wakanda would be great worlds.

EDIT: Also another thing. We want more Disney Bosses, right? But the pool of viable Disney bosses is rapidly drying up, especially as Disney & Pixar get more restrictive. Sith lords & supervillains would certainly help to compliment future boss line-ups.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Marvel had a story arc called Battleworld which was remnants of different worlds stitched together. It was apart of the Secret Wars story in 2017.

I'd probably combine that with the Realm of Sleep and do a DDD sequel.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Why do I get the feeling that back in 2003 you'd be against the live-action Disney worlds? Reject change, resist anything new, embrace the status quo no matter how needlessly restricting it is.
Seriously??!?!? I was open to the idea of having Live-action Disney worlds (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron, just those in the Adventure, Fantasy and Sci-Fi area) in Kingdom Hearts even the Pixar worlds (before Disney acquired them in 2006) just before Kingdom Hearts II came out.

I'm saying it before and not going to say it again I feel that regardless if Disney owns Marvel, Star Wars and Fox, just "shoehorning" those properties as worlds in Kingdom Hearts, just wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of things, IMAO.

As for Marvel, I would vouch for a more exotic location rather than setting it in New York (Save NY for Gargoyles I say). Asgard, Knowhere, or Wakanda would be great worlds.
Tbh, New York has been a setting in the majority of the Disney films and shows and realistically it wouldn't make sense to have an Enchanted world, a Sorcerer's Apprentice world, and an Avengers world with the same New York setting (regardless if it's different world cause it make Sora, Donald and Goofy, feel Deja vu their visiting New York)

EDIT: Also another thing. We want more Disney Bosses, right? But the pool of viable Disney bosses is rapidly drying up, especially as Disney & Pixar get more restrictive. Sith lords & supervillains would certainly help to compliment future boss line-ups.
Then again Marvel and perhaps Lucasfilm, might be restrictive to certain characters and preventing them to become actual bosses if you ask me. I'm not saying it's likely or it will be on ALL of the characters, but knowing how Pixar was restrictive on not letting Randall be a boss in the Monster's Inc. world in KH3 and how Nomura and the development team didn't made CLU (in DDD) and Gaston (in X/Union X) as bosses, they might do it with the Marvel and Star Wars villains if we were to have a Marvel and Star Wars world.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Then again Marvel and perhaps Lucasfilm, might be restrictive to certain characters and preventing them to become actual bosses if you ask me. I'm not saying it's likely or it will be on ALL of the characters, but knowing how Pixar was restrictive on not letting Randall be a boss in the Monster's Inc. world in KH3 and how Nomura and the development team didn't made CLU (in DDD) and Gaston (in X/Union X) as bosses, they might do it with the Marvel and Star Wars villains if we were to have a Marvel and Star Wars world.
They haven't actually been restrictive on that in any other Marvel or SW game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But also to be fair star wars has not been involved in a crossover genre game not since like darth vader in soul calibur 3 i think. So there could be restrictions between offices
Again, Disney Infinity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
but thats in-house right? with disney having 100% control they wouldnt have that kind of control with kingdom hearts
Avalanche Studios/Games. Whichever one was not the one that makes the Just Cause series. They work for WB Games now.

D

Deleted member 246005

I love the Organization Untold ocs on deviantart so i wouldn't mind a spinoff about a new group of nobodies banding together to do their own thing.

Back