• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Splash Mountain to be revamped with Princess & the Frog characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The mouse was not going to let this stay with all the things going on. I support the change 100% and good for Princess and the Frog to get some great exposure. They deserve it. Now we just gotta get them in KH4 :)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Princess and the Frog seems like a good choice for a replacement. Though I don't have much attachment for the original Splash Mountain since I've never been to Disney World or Disneyland :(

redcrown

Awards
Tbh it's about time Splash Mountain was re-themed with a different more relevant Disney property. Besides maybe for some nostalgia people might have from the ride itself, I don't think any living person in the last 40 years has any attachment or even memory of Song of the South even existing. Putting aside the justified controversy over it, it wasn't even released to home video or DVD for it to even have any amount of fans that would recognize it.

It always did feel like riding through some time capsule of when the ride was first built, in fact the whole section of Frontierland feels like that. I'm surprised the whole area wasn't remodeled by now after all these decades.

Also glad that it's gonna be redone from a 2D animated Disney film, and not Star Wars or Marvel.

D

Deleted member 246005

This guy explains the situation pretty well.

PS. its not what you think.

Back