• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Any particular reason that Aqua falls back into darkness at the end of 0.2? She's on Destiny Islands as the world is being restored to the Realm of Light at the end of KH1, so why didn't that bring her back? She just sinks back into darkness as the world is returning to light. Why? Someone on Reddit said something about the world didn't take her with it into the Realm of Light because she wasn't an original inhabitant from that world. Is this really why or is there another answer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Any particular reason that Aqua falls back into darkness at the end of 0.2? She's on Destiny Islands as the world is being restored to the Realm of Light at the end of KH1, so why didn't that bring her back? She just sinks back into darkness as the world is returning to light. Why? Someone on Reddit said something about the world didn't take her with it into the Realm of Light because she wasn't an original inhabitant from that world. Is this really why or is there another answer?

I think it comes down to two things. 1) Definitely that she wasn't an original inhabitant nor did she consider Destiny Islands her home like Kairi did. 2) Aqua was still in the Realm of Darkness which meant she was trapped behind the door like Mickey and Riku. DI didn't pull Riku from behind the door for the same reason.

I found it messed up, though, but it fits into what we know.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
This basically sums up my questions for that scene, can any enlighten us on this?

BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER
BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER
BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER

Spoiler Spoiler Show

No, it's established that that's canon. That's exactly the reason why, the individuals who are part of the world are restored and the ones who aren't are usually restored to their respective world. Obviously, Aqua's not dead, and Castle Oblivion wasn't taken by darkness further, so she wouldn't have gone back with them. As for why Sora doesn't go straight back... I don't know, had to end Kingdom Hearts I on a cliffhanger?

EDIT: Ninja'd on that last part.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
from looking at the gameplay, it is truly apparent that Osaka is trying. They're trying and they're yielding great returns with only a few missteps.

Some bosses seem random and don't provide a lot of opportunities to hit them, or only allow chip damage to cheaply prolong the fight.

The game is also extremely prone to crashing; the worst of any single Kingdom Hearts game. Almost every single stream I've viewed has run into performance/crashing issues.

I'm sure it's going to be hype when we all finally have our hands on the game but in any kind of review/survey we should make EVERY issue known-- I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 2.8's biggest function is 'testing the waters' for KH3 based on customer feedback.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
From the streams I have watched, I have had yet to watch anyone's game crash, but I wouldn't be surprised (especially since I remember the horror that was 2.5 crashing, and this sounds even less fun in that aspect).

But yeah, we gotta be as vocal as possible because whatever feedback 2.8 gets is gonna affect KH3. If everyone's just like "lol its all cool keep doing exactly what you doing" we're gonna get another For Honor on our hands. No me gusta.

Hirokey123

Awards
from looking at the gameplay, it is truly apparent that Osaka is trying. They're trying and they're yielding great returns with only a few missteps.

Some bosses seem random and don't provide a lot of opportunities to hit them, or only allow chip damage to cheaply prolong the fight.

Which bosses are you talking about?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It is established by Mickey Mouse that those with light in their heart can not cross from the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Light with ease. Darkness can spill out but no light can go with it. As Aqua is has light, she is not able to cross over with the worlds, and since she was pulled away from Mickey Mouse, she was unable to cross back over using that path.

The game is also extremely prone to crashing; the worst of any single Kingdom Hearts game. Almost every single stream I've viewed has run into performance/crashing issues.

I'm sure it's going to be hype when we all finally have our hands on the game but in any kind of review/survey we should make EVERY issue known-- I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 2.8's biggest function is 'testing the waters' for KH3 based on customer feedback.
In my whole existence, I've not seen a single crash. Feel free to write to them and whatnot, but the game looks fairly stable.

Hirokey123

Awards
You know I am curious if maybe performing the PS4 sharing system is what causes it to be more likely to crash.

Launchpad

Awards
In my whole existence, I've not seen a single crash. Feel free to write to them and whatnot, but the game looks fairly stable.

It really isn't stable.

Potential spoilers in the video below.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Multiple streamers have lost progress due to crashes. There's a cutscene after one fight with the Devil's Wave that is extremely prone to crashing, and the death screen crashes a lot too. During a more gauntlet-esque area in the game, one streamer lost all their progress and had to start over. It's not acceptable at all and "didn't happen to me!" doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
launchpad i do agree with the crashes but games are always going to crash i haven't seen seen a single game without a single crash it going to happen no matter what

Launchpad

Awards
launchpad i do agree with the crashes but games are always going to crash i haven't seen seen a single game without a single crash it going to happen no matter what

that's a ludicrous statement. if someone can't even speedrun 0.2 without there being a high probability of a crash impeding their time, that's not just poor, it's pathetic.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
that's a ludicrous statement. if someone can't even speedrun 0.2 without there being a high probability of a crash impeding their time, that's not just poor, it's pathetic.
i see it might be problem for people who speedrun in the future not but the chances of a game going to crash are going to be high

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I didn't have any problem with the game crashing. I made it stutter once on the mirror challenges because I was spamming the hell out of the magic and the commands. So...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
No, it's not okay at all. If there's one thing that a game must avoid, it's technical issues that impede on a player's ability to play. For now, we can't do much more than hope it doesn't happen to us and urge SE to release patches for the issues.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So… just because it's "bound to happen", it's okay?

Certainly not as a crash hints at a rather serious error rather than a mere oversight.
I'd rather see a game one or two more month in development if that means no crashes or at least only 1 crash in 1000 cases or less.

On the other hand though I do not think that out of all examples speedrunners are the group of users games should be measured with as a default.
Games are not created and build to primary cater to Speedrunning, so denouncing a game's quality because it is not friendly for speedruns is not really expedient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back