• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

@gronodonthegreat
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hirokey123

Awards
I figured Mickey was just guessing it was in there because there was literally no where else on the island they could go to, if it's somewhere here then the only other place they hadn't been to as good a guess as ever.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
If they made you investigate the island, it woulda made more sense, but they would have had to make the entire island playable. Or at least that section.

However, I could still find it believable since mick went to the dark corner with a path leading to it. When he approached, a giant wave of heartless came out. That seems like a pretty suspicious place. Dark keyblade checklist
- obvious place (path leading to it)
- dark corner
- loads of heartless
Makes sense to me

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dark Wing

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

except at the end mickey says to Aqua, "With this key and Sora's in the realm of light, we're gonna close this door." and she shows no real reaction to basically being told Sora has the keyblade now either which makes her reaction in Blank Points even stranger

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, I agree on almost everything you just said there. Although I think Aqua DEFINITELY could have figured out Sora was a keyblade wielder by what Mickey was telling her, she couldn't have had any doubts about that.

EDIT:

except at the end mickey says to Aqua, "With this key and Sora's in the realm of light, we're gonna close this door." and she shows no real reaction to basically being told Sora has the keyblade now either which makes her reaction in Blank Points even stranger

I'll give you that, she does seem considerably less choked up about the situations at hand in 0.2 than how she takes them in Blank Points. In 0.2 it's "Oh, cool! It's the same two boys from the islands! What a coincidence! Oh, Sora has a keyblade and is saving the worlds from evil? Cool, whatever I guess." And in Blank Points it was like "Oh my god, what have I done? The worlds had to be saved more than once? What's the dudes name? Come on, Ansem, DON'T SCREW WITH ME ON THIS ONE... *single tear streams down face* MY BOY SORA!"

Obviously, I'm hyperbolic-ally paraphrasing here, but she's clearly more moved by the presence of Sora in Blank Points than she was in 0.2.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I wasn't going to go through 30 pages of lengthy but definitely intricate and in-depth reactions to 0.2 but I just wanted to share my own thoughts on the experience.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Obviously, I'm hyperbolic-ally paraphrasing here, but she's clearly more moved by the presence of Sora in Blank Points than she was in 0.2.

Which does make perfect sense when taking into account that in Blank Points Ansem the Wise mentions that the worlds nearl fell to Darkness more than once (he doesn't say how often exactly) and then continues to say that this boy always comes in, Keyblade in Hand, to help out.
Note also that Aqua explicitly asks:
Aqua said:
Keep the light safe? I've been away too long. Did something happen out there? Are the worlds in danger?

She's not aware of any danger to the worlds, so it is very reasonable to assume that she isn't talking about the events in and around KH 1 because with those she knew there was danger...she travelled some of the fallen worlds herself and this was also already shown in BBS FM in the secret episode, so any "contradiction" with Blank Points would already been there since then.

She is aghast at Ansem's statement of the "more than once"-fact and her not thinking immediately of Sora or Riku can be easily explained by her clinging to the faint hope that perhaps by then Terra finally managed to come out victorious in his struggle with Xehanort or that Ven either awakened by himself or someone other (i.e. Mickey) managed to awake him, a lingering desire that despite her still being stuck in the RoD somehow Terra or Ven got rescued/released in some other way and perhaps might eventually come for her.
This is further reinforced by her "Should've known" after Ansem denies it being either of those.

Furthemore, what I notice people here apparently overlooking is that Ansem does not stop at the mere "saving the worlds"-thingy in Blank Points but also goes further in explaining Sora's actual nature and the way he connects to so many hearts may be the key for rescue for many who are suffering, even him and even her.

In 0.2, in Aqua's eyes, Sora and/or Riku may be the current protectors of the worlds and help Mickey end the danger of more worlds falling, but at that time she has no idea about Sora actually having the power to save her, Terra and Ven and is the key to it. Heck, even Mickey didn't knew that before he saw those memories Data-Naminé found in Re: Coded. He was surprised that there is a direct connection between TAV and Sora and that's what led to the letter at the end of KH 2.

So in short, Aqua's reaction in Blank Points may be more moved and "intense" because she learns something that goes beyond the "Sora saves the worlds"-thing, something that goes deeper and more personal as in there being now explicit hope that she herself might be saved and finally Terra and Ven are rescued from their painful fates as well.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Unlike some others here, I never had a huge thing for the Blank Points, so I'm not really angered by all of the contradictions, just sort of annoyed. They're continuity lapses and they don't make much logical sense. ... To be honest, after 0.2's final boss, everything felt like that. I mostly shrugged my shoulders and said "pfft ok so that happened" with every new development.

Honestly, I feel like we're trying way too hard to justify a huge oversight in the writing. This is like Venitas' blue eyes in the 0.2 opening: it's an error that has no deeper meaning or explanation aside from carelessness.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Unlike some others here, I never had a huge thing for the Blank Points, so I'm not really angered by all of the contradictions, just sort of annoyed. They're continuity lapses and they don't make much logical sense. ... To be honest, after 0.2's final boss, everything felt like that. I mostly shrugged my shoulders and said "pfft ok so that happened" with every new development.

Honestly, I feel like we're trying way too hard to justify a huge oversight in the writing. This is like Venitas' blue eyes in the 0.2 opening: it's an error that has no deeper meaning or explanation aside from carelessness.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm just pretty much underwhelmed by everything from the final boss on. It's not like I'm entirely pissed, but again we have so much potential here that wasn't used. Like Riku runming past Aqua and Mickey and seriously not noticing anything that happens around him? Or the thing with the KKD just lying there like HAH. The game is like 3 hours, couldn't they have done more at least with these points? I was also highly disappointed they didnt remake the short memory scenes of BBS Aqua had in Castle Town. It's not like they didn't have Ven and Terra models anyways.
Sure maybe that sounds like asking a lot for some 3 second backflashes, but I paid 60 bucks for half a movie, a remaster and an episode that was not only short but also not that thrilling or even helpful to the plot or anything.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
In other news, I think 0.2 is the size of one world and a revisit length wise. It'd be surprised if the entirety of one world visit is an hour and a half/two hours ore more.

Edit: And I also wonder what people expected of this game. It's just a piece of a cancelled game, only Aqua's part of it whereas the actually BbSv2 had much more. That game also wasn't going to advance the plot, it was basically Days, just trying to fill in some blanks in a slightly sloppy way.

While I was hoping and excited to see if Aqua would be saved in this game, I think Nomura already stated she wouldn't. I quickly gave up on that wish. There is no plot to advance since DDD is still technically the 'latest' game in the series, but they did throw in that ending cutscene to connect to KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

While Blank Points is undoubtly my favorite out of all the Secret endings, I do not think that it is as much of a huge deal as it is made out here since as you say, they're "lapses" not outright errors or contradictions.
My enjoyment of Blank Points is certainly NOT hampered by it.

I still remember the heated debates back in the day about BBS v2 and if Aqua and Mickey even should meet at all because it would throw up several possible plot problems and now look where we stand, lol.

It's almost the same as the cliché-plot point that they just had to have Sora arrive late enough that he misses a) several important points of exposition and background info and b) everyone else except Donald and Goofy.
I'm also pretty sure that they still haven't clued him in on the fact that he may personally carry multiple hearts.

Werkdaddy

Awards
Well, according to already established material behind these doors is usually the heart of the respective world located, and if we combine this with the information Nomura gave in the latest Famitsu-interview
Spoiler Spoiler Show

we can deduce that The KKD was somehow created by/pulled from the depths of the heart of Destiny Islands and by extension this means the KK itself might have been too. That would explain why it was located behind the door and would also give further credence to the possible fact that Keyblades in general are created directly from hearts.

[FONT=&quot]This seriously made me mad. For 15 years I've always wanted the story of Mickey in the Rod and how he got the Kingdom Key D. This was a huge cop out. Mainly because we don't actually know how keyblades are created. We do know that keyblades from the RoL and RoD are created in the same way from Nomura mentioning it in an interview tears ago. However, we also know that on some level they are man made constructs from the files in one of the games (based I think). So the Kingdom Key D just appearing there because that's when Sora got his (Riku's) keyblade in the RoL doesn't quite make sense. I get and accept the connection Nomura is trying to make here, but by that logic every RoL keyblade has an exact counterpart in the RoD.[/FONT]

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
This seriously made me mad. For 15 years I've always wanted the story of Mickey in the Rod and how he got the Kingdom Key D. This was a huge cop out. Mainly because we don't actually know how keyblades are created. We do know that keyblades from the RoL and RoD are created in the same way from Nomura mentioning it in an interview tears ago. However, we also know that on some level they are man made constructs from the files in one of the games (based I think). So the Kingdom Key D just appearing there because that's when Sora got his (Riku's) keyblade in the RoL doesn't quite make sense. I get and accept the connection Nomura is trying to make here, but by that logic every RoL keyblade has an exact counterpart in the RoD.

Not sure if he meant exactly that, but I'd kill to see a deathly flaming version of Destiny's Embrace in the next game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This seriously made me mad. For 15 years I've always wanted the story of Mickey in the Rod and how he got the Kingdom Key D. This was a huge cop out. Mainly because we don't actually know how keyblades are created. We do know that keyblades from the RoL and RoD are created in the same way from Nomura mentioning it in an interview tears ago. However, we also know that on some level they are man made constructs from the files in one of the games (based I think). So the Kingdom Key D just appearing there because that's when Sora got his (Riku's) keyblade in the RoL doesn't quite make sense. I get and accept the connection Nomura is trying to make here, but by that logic every RoL keyblade has an exact counterpart in the RoD.

We may not know any specifics on how Keyblades are created, but the implications that they can simply be created/pulled from within a heart are steadily getting more ground with the latest developments.
Worlds have hearts too so the KKD being created/pulled from DI's heart is certainly possible.

There is actually only one Keyblade that isn't "man-made" to some degree and that is the original thing and model for all the others, the X-blade (as in Chi-Blade).

And every RoL-Keyblade having an exact counterpart in the RoD is problematic exactly how?
I don't recall it ever being officially stated in-universe or in meta-material that there exists only one Keyblade that has a counterpart in the RoD.
In order to close the Door to Darkness the only important thing is that a matching pair is used.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
We may not know any specifics on how Keyblades are created, but the implications that they can simply be created/pulled from within a heart are steadily getting more ground with the latest developments.
Worlds have hearts too so the KKD being created/pulled from DI's heart is certainly possible.

There is actually only one Keyblade that isn't "man-made" to some degree and that is the original thing and model for all the others, the X-blade (as in Chi-Blade).

And every RoL-Keyblade having an exact counterpart in the RoD is problematic exactly how?
I don't recall it ever being officially stated in-universe or in meta-material that there exists only one Keyblade that has a counterpart in the RoD.
In order to close the Door to Darkness the only important thing is that a matching pair is used.

I trust that you have a good source for this, but since when did the pair have to be "matching"? I thought it was simply one of light and one of darkness?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I trust that you have a good source for this, but since when did the pair have to be "matching"? I thought it was simply one of light and one of darkness?

Nah, I might have worded that somewhat weird. "Matching pair" in terms of one light and one dark-based blade was what I meant to say, lol. A pair of two dark blades or two light ones won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back