• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[spoiler] Master Xehanort: Evil or Not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
At the view of everything we got on him in BBS, do you consider him an evil character, or simply an antagonist. I know this debate has often been done about Organization XIII and Xemnas, but I find MX's case even more interesting. I even consider that Eraqus, who is on the good guy's side, was wrong.

Personally I don't see Xehanort as evil, but as pretty much very determined.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Dunno. He does seem kinda evil, what was his actual goal again?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
To seek a balance between light and darkness. Doesn't seem that evil to me, only, that his methods are.

Thanks. In that case, I agree with you. It's mostly his methods that are dubious. At best.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I agree that his actions my be seen as evil, but ultimately what else could he do? Going to see Eraqus and chat of it with him?

Xehanort: "Eraqus, old friend. I wish to discuss with you of establishing balance between Light and Darkness."
Eraqus: "What?! Xehanort, GTFO!"

I mean, something similar is hinted to have happened in-gapme. What else then for him to do? Nothing? Status Quo, guy like Eraqus would keep praising absolute light and fearing Darkness forever, new Keyblade would be learnt Light is absolute, and so on. While his way are seen as evil, I rather see them as necessary.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I agree that his actions my be seen as evil, but ultimately what else could he do? Going to see Eraqus and chat of it with him?

Xehanort: "Eraqus, old friend. I wish to discuss with you of establishing balance between Light and Darkness."

I mean, something similar is hinted to have happened in-gapme. What else then for him to do? Nothing? Status Quo, guy like Eraqus would keep praising absolute light and fearing Darkness forever, new Keyblade would be learnt Light is absolute, and so on. While his way are seen as evil, I rather see them as necessary.

You have a point, but necessary does not equal good.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
At the view of everything we got on him in BBS, do you consider him an evil character, or simply an antagonist. I know this debate has often been done about Organization XIII and Xemnas, but I find MX's case even more interesting. I even consider that Eraqus, who is on the good guy's side, was wrong.

Personally I don't see Xehanort as evil, but as pretty much very determined.

Well, I do believe that was his original goal. However, Xehanort started praising the same speech about darkness when he entered Terra's body. I'm not saying he didn't care about the balance, but Eraqus refusing to except the balance probably made Xehanort go insane and think that the current light was corrupt, only for Xehanort to become corrupt and totaly biased towards darkness.

State

Awards

Just remember that Eraqus believed that light was all and that darkness needs to be vanquished, he didn't believed in a balance.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Well, I do believe that was his original goal. However, Xehanort started praising the same speech about darkness when he entered Terra's body. I'm not saying he didn't care about the balance, but Eraqus refusing to except the balance probably made Xehanort go insane and think that the current light was corrupt, only for Xehanort to become corrupt and totaly biased towards darkness.
He maybe did, but remember in front of him is a bunch of Light lovers peoples. It is his role to offer the 'good' viewpoint on the darkness, no one will do it if it is not for him. The others refuse to use Darkness, or do it reluclantly, so he'll forcefully speak of the advantage coming by using them. Someone has to fill the role of the Darkness user, to show that the balance *is* possible.

You have a point, but necessary does not equal good.
I'll have to agree, in fact I prefer to consider characters neither good nor evil (I don't believe in those words really in the first place).

Just remember that Eraqus believed that light was all and that darkness needs to be vanquished, he didn't believed in a balance.
Exactly why it's impossible to discuss with him. He's stubborn and close-minded, he wouldn't even consider the alternative Xehanort has to offer.

On a side note, Xehanort totally won to change mentalities. Because of his actions, Riku became a Keyblade user favoring balance between Light and Darkness. And Mickey said something like:

"I always considered Darkness evil, but seeing how Light and Darkness meddle in you, I'm changing my opinion" or something similar. Total win for Xehanort, Mickey or anyone else would never have said that by BBS.

KH Warrior 2

Detroit and the rest is none of your got damn buss
My thing is that the occupations the Xehanort was doing was evil without a doubt or what I meant to say was experiments or his logical ways of trying to blanace the force. None of the less. He may not be evil ,but his actions were evil. Another thing is he didn't learn from his mistakes. So did he do it on purpose or he just doesn't give a damn? Eiyheir way it goes the more Xehanort keeps on flawing while he's still alive the more chaos there's going to be. He also strikes to me he doesn't want anyone in his way. At all. Look what to Ven,Aqua,and Terra in the the first trailer of BBS. That explains alot doesn't it?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I think he could just be determined.
Still MX is evil and will always be evil.

huanglulu

My opinion is even if Master Xenohart's original goal was good that light and dark should be balance in the world. I think his actions were plain evil though to him it is right. He treated human life like tools and experiments as stepping stone to achieve that goal which is kind of twisted and we dont even know what he plans to do after he got kingdom hearts my thought is he might use kingdom heart to destroy the current world and rebuild a new one where light and dark exist together.

On a side note, Xehanort totally won to change mentalities. Because of his actions, Riku became a Keyblade user favoring balance between Light and Darkness. And Mickey said something like:

"I always considered Darkness evil, but seeing how Light and Darkness meddle in you, I'm changing my opinion" or something similar. Total win for Xehanort, Mickey or anyone else would never have said that by BBS.

It always remind me that Riku will totally prove that Eraques was wrong that only light should exist in the world

Samhain

Bronze Member
come on guys

Xehanort is an awesome villain and best antagonist in the entire series and he's my fav character but the man is EVIL
Every
Villain
Is
Lemons

E.V.I.L

maybe on what u saw doesnt mean he's evil. the man manipulates ppl. hell all the Xehanort's do. that whole balencing light and dark is complete BS and all an act from the guy who just wants to be view more "good" infront of the ppl and try to convince Terra he's always a good guy

what he REALLY wants to do is take the X Blade, unlock Kingdom Hearts, start the Keyblade War yet again and that involves millions of people dying AGAIN. he also wants to make HIS own world. he may have said "o light and darkness balence blablablablabla"
thats when he was still good before he was corrupted by darkness.

he just used that as an excuse to lure terra in and manipulate everyone around him.

lets go on what else he did shall we?
-possibly killed his own master (would fit well on how evil he is)
-gave his old friend a scar for eternity
-killed his own friend without having any doubts
-destroyed TAV's world and destroyed their world right infront of Terra say he doesnt need a 'home' anymore
-manipulated maleficent in the future
-manipulated braig and was going to kill braig if he didnt go further
-manipulated terra, messed with his mind calling him 'Master Terra' when he wasnt, stole his own body, and did dark things in the future with terra's own body...
-split ven's heart in half; made vanitas; caused ven to suffer for a longggggggg time for what he did, and wanted his body (lol)
-stole riku's body, manipulated him and caused riku's life to suffer for about a year
-destroyed his own home and sora's when he came saying "this world has been connected". riku opened the door but Xehanort bought his heartless there and possibly manipulated Riku to opening the door in the first place
-treated his master ansem like shit and banished him
-manipulated the other apprentices to lose his heart and lose faith in ansem and even manipulated Ienzo which was the big key

im missing more
but yeah. he is EVIL.

what he went to go for his goals is EVIL. his entire goal was EVIL.

the light/darkness balence was all an act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back