• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] BBS Secret Boss' Name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok, so, everyone's been calling it the Vanitas Sentiment, but I'm not sure why. Not because I don't know who/what he/it is, I've seen the videos and everything, but I think we're misusing the word "Sentiment."

Are we seriously only calling him that because of the Lingering Sentiment? Do you guys know what the word "sentiment" means? I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, I'm actually wondering.

I personally think a better name would be the Vanitas Remnant. Both because it sounds better and it's more correct.

The Remnant is, well, exactly that; it's the remaining part of Vanitas that still exists. It's leftover darkness, pretty much. It's not really Vanitas at all, just the remaining dark energy of the Unversed taking form (hence the symbol on his helmet.) I don't think it's Vanitas' thoughts or feelings at all, it's just (again) more of his remaining remnant.

So in short, I think a more proper and better sounding name would be the Vanitas Remnant. Or just The Remnant. Whatever.thebatman

Allister Rose

French Lover
you should really ask before actually making accusations. though you did in a not so well mannered way. i'm not so sure. i also question if the name is actually vanitas sentiment though i heard someone saying that's the actual name

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
The actual Japanese is called "Vanitas' Thoughts". But as it uses the same word (shinen) as in "Lingering Sentiment", at this point it is best to use it for continuity at least. It's the same sort of "force" as Lingering Sentiment. Whether or not it makes sense is, at this point, irrelevant.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
The actual Japanese is called "Vanitas' Thoughts". But as it uses the same word (shinen) as in "Lingering Sentiment", at this point it is best to use it for continuity at least. It's the same sort of "force" as Lingering Sentiment. Whether or not it makes sense is, at this point, irrelevant.

Ah, I did not know that. We also don't know at this point if the fight was canon or not.

Thanks for the civilized answer, Lissar!

Awards

Hm.
Was it even ever explained what exactly these forces/sentiments were?

I mean, I can buy it with Vanitas. When Ven's heart was split into two, the emotions spilled out and took on a dark form. Like a broken egg with its yolk leaking out. I get that.

But are the sentiments related to the Unversed?
It would make sense for the Vanitas Sentiment. One could say that he is the culmination of all the leaked emotions piled into one vessel. An Unversed version of Vanitas.

What about Terra's Sentiment though? And Aqua's (which is heavily implied to exist in the armor)?
It's not like their hearts were split. What phenomenon triggered their creation?

T

The Spoiler

Some people call him Vanitas' Absent Silhouette, which I like better

Awards
Some people call him Vanitas' Absent Silhouette, which I like better

Except he's not. Absent Silhouettes are made from Nothing.
In KH2FM, you can see that they're made from their respective symbols (eg Marluxia is made from the Scythe silhouette, etc). When you fight the Vanitas Sentiment, he is not made from the symbol. It just so happens that symbol is the same as the one used for the Absent Silhouettes to indicate that there's an optional fight in that location.

But more importantly, he has the Unversed symbol on his helmet.
Don't get me wrong, I understand why people label him that, but it's misleading at best.

Z

Zulkir

you should really ask before actually making accusations. though you did in a not so well mannered way. i'm not so sure. i also question if the name is actually vanitas sentiment though i heard someone saying that's the actual name

Where in his post is a "not well mannered" accusation?

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
But more importantly, he has the Unversed symbol on his helmet.
Don't get me wrong, I understand why people label him that, but it's misleading at best.

Best image I could get from Google Images..
Vanitas_Sentiment_Keyblade.png

I kinda see it.

Awards
What about Terra's Sentiment though? And Aqua's (which is heavily implied to exist in the armor)? It's not like their hearts were split. What phenomenon triggered their creation?

Uhh...well Terra's soul went into his armor after MX took over his body and heart, and that's how the Lingering Sentiment came to be. And Aqua is still alive with her soul, so her armor is just empty armor...

Since ur in the spoilers section, u should probably already know this stuff, but if u don't then maybe u should catch up, and if u don't want to be spoiled, I suggest u leave the spoilers section.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Vanitas Remnant
i like this, it has a nice ring to it :)

Uhh...well Terra's soul went into his armor after MX took over his body and heart, and that's how the Lingering Sentiment came to be. And Aqua is still alive with her soul, so her armor is just empty armor...
if his soul left his body the vessal MX worked so hard to steal would be dead -_-
no1 knows what makes LS tick.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

There we go, confirmation that the secret boss is called "Vanitas' Sentiment".

Now the real question is, what are sentiments? I get they seem to have something to do with strong emotions but wouldn't that make them similar to the unversed?

Awards
Since ur in the spoilers section, u should probably already know this stuff, but if u don't then maybe u should catch up, and if u don't want to be spoiled, I suggest u leave the spoilers section.

Nowhere was it said that Terra's "soul" went into the armor.
Moreover, it's implied that Aqua does indeed have a sentiment, and I shouldn't even have to explain why.
So don't give me that.

Best image I could get from Google Images..
Vanitas_Sentiment_Keyblade.png

I kinda see it.

Or you could just watch a video.

0:21

Awards
Moreover, it's implied that Aqua does indeed have a sentiment, and I shouldn't even have to explain why.
So don't give me that.

Or you could just watch a video.

0:21

uhhh, where is it implied that Aqua has a sentiment? And what does that video have to do with Aqua in the first place?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by breaktheice16
uhhh, where is it implied that Aqua has a sentiment? And what does that video have to do with Aqua in the first place?

Because when Xemnas goes to talk to her armor in Final Mix+, something/someone replies back.

Awards
uhhh, where is it implied that Aqua has a sentiment?

See:

Because when Xemnas goes to talk to her armor in Final Mix+, something/someone replies back.

Xigbar mentions that Xemnas was holding a conversation with someone. Since Aqua's armor is there, it can be inferred (from what we know in BbS) that it's her Sentiment.
It explains why Xemnas even knew about the Chamber of Waking in the first place when neither Terra nor MX knew of its existence.

And what does that video have to do with Aqua in the first place?

.... absolutely nothing...?

I was responding to Ven Dono about Vanitas, not Aqua.

Frozura

Also if there are any Vanitas sentiments, wouldn't that make Ven still incomplete?

Because he fused back with Ven I think when they fought in Ven's head or whatever so unless there was some part of him still left it wouldn't really make sense, plus it would actually cause a plot hole because of that, despite it seeming very non-canon like and more of a fan service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back