• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*spoilers?* Birth by Sleep Intro (Proposed) English Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Opening (English)

Above is a link to an fan english version of the Birth by Sleep intro. The only change is the song lyrics that have been translated, which I'm surprised about. Anyone know how the guy replaced the Japanese parts of the songs with English, I don't think an English version (of the remix) has come out yet.

I would think trying to replace the words with English would be hard, since the sounds were flattened together, and putting English on top of it would make it a mess since it'd be English and Japanese together.

But the guy who made the vid not only replaced the Japanese with English, but synthesized it to fit the remix. Anyone that can explain how he did this? (I realize I'm rambling).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Opening (English)

Above is a link to an fan english version of the Birth by Sleep intro. The only change is the song lyrics that have been translated, which I'm surprised about. Anyone know how the guy replaced the Japanese parts of the songs with English, I don't think an English version (of the remix) has come out yet.

I would think trying to replace the words with English would be hard, since the sounds were flattened together, and putting English on top of it would make it a mess since it'd be English and Japanese together.

But the guy who made the vid not only replaced the Japanese with English, but synthesized it to fit the remix. Anyone that can explain how he did this? (I realize I'm rambling).

That remix was the song for KH1 intro. They reuse Hikari or Simple and Clean over and over and over.
(It was done for the first game)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySk1UCUV4bo&feature=related

Desron_7

Um you do know simple and clean is the theme song for KH1, right? Well Utada Hikaru sang "Hikari" for the japanese release, and "Simple and Clean" for the english one. Utada refuses to sing for square nowadays, so theyve been recycling her songs.

Viku

In my opinion, I like Hikari better. I hate most of Simple and Clean lyrics and really believe if someone translates Hikari's lyrics they would be diferent...
Still, there's one part I love to hear in english:

Hold me
Whatever lies beyond this morning
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd suggest rewatching the intro to KH1. Exact same song.

Pretty much anyone can easily cut and drag certain segments of the audio to properly sync it up with the original audio. It takes only a few seconds. Not that hard.

Originally Posted by Desron_1
Utada refuses to sing for square nowadays, so theyve been recycling her songs.

Actually, it's more like Disney, since they're the ones that have been paying her, and not enough for what she does, according to Utada's dad.

Nomura said in an interview many years ago that she's the only person he sees singing for KH, something like he sees her as a role model and that she shows that music can transcend language barriers and some other stuff. So I'm expecting to keep hearing S&C and Sanctuary in the future songs until somebody pays up.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Disney Disney Disney. They know good and well they can hand over a little more cash to her! She's one of the reasons I like KH so much. If it had been a different theme song when I first played the game, I wouldn't have been so hypmotized, therefore, I wouldn't have bought and played they game. I wouldn't have gotten into manga, jpop, jrock, Final Fantasy, nothing. Cheapos.

Kentsu13

utadas one of my fav singers (and my fav jap singer) kh wouldnt have been as good w/o her

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
OMG the opening is so mad!!!!! (never seen until now =P)
MY sister was in the background and was like oooo its roxas and i was like no its not shutup and go away.
Now shes like who's ven...its annoying that I know nothing about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back