• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: [BLANK] are not in Kingdom Hearts 3 at all

Its kinda sad we are already thinking of kh4 because kh3 doesn't will have what we want. We are creating this excuses that kh4 will be better. It's just sad.

Infinity War didn’t have all the characters I hoped to see, so I was already looking forward to Endgame even before IW came out because it offered a chance for those characters and interactions to happen. I still loved IW all the same and, sure enough, characters that I missed in IW are now confirmed for EG. For another example, one of Game of Thrones’ big things was “Maybe Danaerys will make it to Westeros next season.”

It’s just the nature of serialized storytelling. It’s reasonable and normal that once fans know x isn’t happening in this installment, then they’ll begin hoping for x to happen in the next one unless there’s some evidence that x won’t ever happen. I don’t think there’s anything sad or irrational about it.

In my opinion, it’s more sad when people weaponize what a work doesn’t have to criticize it before they’ve seen the full picture.

mytomxxx

Infinity War didn’t have all the characters I hoped to see, so I was already looking forward to Endgame even before IW came out because it offered a chance for those characters and interactions to happen. I still loved IW all the same and, sure enough, characters that I missed in IW are now confirmed for EG. For another example, one of Game of Thrones’ big things was “Maybe Danaerys will make it to Westeros next season.”

It’s just the nature of serialized storytelling. It’s reasonable and normal that once fans know x isn’t happening in this installment, then they’ll begin hoping for x to happen in the next one unless there’s some evidence that x won’t ever happen. I don’t think there’s anything sad or irrational about it.

In my opinion, it’s more sad when people weaponize what a work doesn’t have to criticize it before they’ve seen the full picture.

understood, I agree with you that is sad people already criticizing the game without playing it, like what happened to wind waker, people being disappointed with how the game changed even before playing it, and ended as one of the best in Zelda series.

Tho, about people expecting things at kh4 already, feels like they are trying to minimise the feeling that kh3 will not end being as good as people hope. Not saying you do this, it's normal indeed to hope for x thing happen in the next one, but the way it is happen in the community doesn't help to feel like is a good thing. It's a game we are expecting a long time to play, so I guess this mixed feelings was going to happen.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Infinity Wars is not a complete story; Kingdom Hearts 3 is. KH3 represents the culmination of everything that has come before it whereas IW is one part of a larger narrative (not that it's any excuse for its narrative padding and fraught internal continuities). It's natural in serialized storytelling for the ending-- of an arc, or a series, or a "saga"-- to actually wrap up its loose ends and bring closure to any outstanding components that have been integral or assistive in setting up the final entry. That's what endings are for.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Its kinda sad we are already thinking of kh4 because kh3 doesn't will have what we want. We are creating this excuses that kh4 will be better. It's just sad.
Well KH4 could be better. Especially since it is starting fresh with a new saga with more room for Radiant Garden and the FF cast

2 quid is good

Awards

Honestly a kind of unforgivable disappointment.

That line sums it up for me quite succinctly. Not only does the disinclusion of RG stand as a testament to Nomuras writing, but it also leaves a bland, uninspired hub in the form of Twilight Town.

A place that Sora, as a character, has no connection to beyond, "Hey! I talked to some kids there for about an hour a year ago. Sounds like a fun place to chill!"

Do you see how stupid that sounds? And not only that, but all of the subplots that would have been tied were linked to Radiant Garden, hell, even the arc for the World itself! We still haven't seen Radiant Garden restored, and we'll never get to have that party. We don't know what'll become of Leon and Rinoa, we don't know if Leon feels like he can go by Squall again, we don't know what's going on with Tifa, Zack's ending is still open-ended enough for interpretation, and finally, we still need to see a conclusion for Cloud and Sephiroths battle for the ages.

Why set all this up if you were going to disregard it like that? At E3 2015 (!!!) Nomura expressed surprise over the amount of questions he got for FF.

He said this year for us to look forward to how FF would be included. If he knew all this time and was stringing us along then that's even more unforgivable.

Radiant Garden felt like home! KH2 was my first game, and even then, just through that first cutscene with Yuffie, I could tell Sora felt the same way.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

That line sums it up for me quite succinctly. Not only does the disinclusion of RG stand as a testament to Nomuras writing, but it also leaves a bland, uninspired hub in the form of Twilight Town.

A place that Sora, as a character, has no connection to beyond, "Hey! I talked to some kids there for about an hour a year ago. Sounds like a fun place to chill!"

Do you see how stupid that sounds? And not only that, but all of the subplots that would have been tied were linked to Radiant Garden, hell, even the arc for the World itself! We still haven't seen Radiant Garden restored, and we'll never get to have that party. We don't know what'll become of Leon and Rinoa, we don't know if Leon feels like he can go by Squall again, we don't know what's going on with Tifa, Zack's ending is still open-ended enough for interpretation, and finally, we still need to see a conclusion for Cloud and Sephiroths battle for the ages.

Why set all this up if you were going to disregard it like that? At E3 2015 (!!!) Nomura expressed surprise over the amount of questions he got for FF.

He said this year for us to look forward to how FF would be included. If he knew all this time and was stringing us along then that's even more unforgivable.

Radiant Garden felt like home! KH2 was my first game, and even then, just through that first cutscene with Yuffie, I could tell Sora felt the same way.
Preach. It's pretty hard to conceive of how KH3 will work around this. It's like watching the game argue against the player's emotional investment in the proceedings. If the significance this setting holds for so many of our characters an their arcs is meant to be disregarded as the essential equivalent of disposable trivia by us, why should any effort at closure within the story be presumed to have meaning? This destabilizes the basis for that claim by imposing a version of the universe that seems too improbable to be believable.

2 quid is good

Awards

Preach. It's pretty hard to conceive of how KH3 will work around this. It's like watching the game argue against the player's emotional investment in the proceedings. If the significance this setting holds for so many of our characters an their arcs is meant to be disregarded as the essential equivalent of disposable trivia by us, why should any effort at closure within the story be presumed to have meaning? This destabilizes the basis for that claim by imposing a version of the universe that seems too improbable to be believable.

You have used many words there and I agree with all of them. It feels like to me that at some point during development KH3 was laser focused on to just the original plot, and that alone. The Disney worlds, while looking fantastic, are being used to move the story along. The Hub worlds have been stripped back to only necessary locations for plot points to continue.

Why has Disney been given so much respect and care at the detriment of both Final Fantasy and the Original worlds?

How do you expect people to be emotionally invested into your game when you yourself cannot even give your existing franchises and the original characters the same support that a 1/3 of the franchise was given?

KH3 has corporate Disneys fingertips all over it. This is gonna be a fantastic game for both newcomers and Disney lovers, maybe even people who are just fans of pure KH concepts.

I'm just sad that it's only gonna be a good game for me because the squandered potential is so apparent here.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

The lack of RG is also jarring considering, based on trailers, some kind of subplot involving Demyx, Vexen, and Ienzo occurs there? It is like the KH series is determined to let the bulk of the plot happen as far away from Sora as possible at all times.

2 quid is good

Awards

The lack of RG is also jarring considering, based on trailers, some kind of subplot involving Demyx, Vexen, and Ienzo occurs there? It is like the KH series is determined to let the bulk of the plot happen as far away from Sora as possible at all times.

It really is, and I find it very disappointing too. Why not outright state that they made these decisions instead of stringing us along? They can't be so blind as to think that there would be no backlash to this decision...

Echoecho6

Awards

-Is surprised so many original worlds ranked the highest. He didn't think his fans wanted to go back to these worlds apparently, for some reason.
-Is upset Riku ranked low and needs to "do something about it". This is probably why he is playable and got a new keyblade in the first place.

I don't know, it just feels like they never had any idea what fans loved about the game.

Also, I think Disney is also the reason for the more blunt keyblade designs in this game. No deadly and sharp weapons like Oblivion or Sleeping Lion. Even Rikus keyblade went from kind of pointy to a big blunt weapon.

2 quid is good

Awards

-Is surprised so many original worlds ranked the highest. He didn't think his fans wanted to go back to these worlds apparently, for some reason.
-Is upset Riku ranked low and needs to "do something about it". This is probably why he is playable and got a new keyblade in the first place.

I don't know, it just feels like they never had any idea what fans loved about the game.

Also, I think Disney is also the reason for the more blunt keyblade designs in this game. No deadly and sharp weapons like Oblivion or Sleeping Lion. Even Rikus keyblade went from kind of pointy to a big blunt weapon.

Lol I don't know what Nomura thinks KH is worth then if he thinks the original worlds and plots and satisfactory

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

i will be interested to see a KH3 ultimania. The devs obviously knew there would be a backlash after removing a core element of what made the previous main titles main titles. (Referring to FF Characters and the hub world they occupy)

Originally i was overhyped for the game being that i was waiting 13 years for it but now I'm glad that the game was leaked and I learned more info about it. My hype is dropped considerably. I'm basically looking at the game as just another entry that concludes the xehanort saga. Nothing more nothing less. With lower expectations going in I can enjoy the game for what it is.

I kinda feel bad for those that will be expecting KH2 on steroids Or anything on the lever that KH2FM+ was.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I dunno, Jack and Davy Jones still have their rapiers or whatever in The Caribbean so I don't know that Disney is super concerned with toning down the weaponry. Sleek Keyblade designs have been a thing of the past for a while now (RIP) so I think the ugly over-designed look is just Nomura's preference for whatever reason. Riku's new Keyblade definitely strikes me as one of Nomura's brilliant ideas, like he just couldn't help himself and had to reduce the Keyblade to a pure gimmick because he revels in letting nothing be sacred.

I kinda feel bad for those that will be expecting KH2 on steroids Or anything on the lever that KH2FM+ was.
I feel bad for all of us, tbh. I wouldn't have thought KH would end on such a flat note over such simple mistakes. I thought there were going to be much deeper flaws that would get the better of it, but that they would be products of its ambition. I expected something closer to a trainwreck than this sense of meek resignation.

ZJGamer

We've had 2 console generations worth of technological development so why shouldn't we expect KH2FM on steroids? I mean as technology gets better shouldn't it be natural to expect MORE from games not less?

Echoecho6

Awards

Well that is just the sad thing about it these days. The more graphics improve, the less content will be made in favor for it. They need things to look amazing first. However, I would rather have KH3 have KH2 graphics if it meant we had double the content...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

We've had 2 console generations worth of technological development so why shouldn't we expect KH2FM on steroids? I mean as technology gets better shouldn't it be natural to expect MORE from games not less?

One thing you seem to forget is that the more advanced technology gets the more complicated and time consuming it becomes to create the content.

Why do you think the FF 7 remake will be split into several parts? Because to (re)create an environment as huge as FF 7 was back in its original days with modern technology it takes vastly more time and effort to realize.
That's also why game development times tend to get generally longer nowadays.

When it comes to KH III they had to create every asset from scratch for the new generation and those new assets are more complex than the old ones so it takes more time to get them to work and polish them.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'd even settle for an eventual "call" feature where you can find their contact info and ring them up for ancillary "where-are-they-now" conversations. This wouldn't even require full models! Just voices and still images.

I want Leon to retire and take his old name back.
I want Yuffie to continually flirt with Sora.
I want to hear Aerith speak with a normal human voice.
I want Cloud to lighten the fuck up.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I'd even settle for an eventual "call" feature where you can find their contact info and ring them up for ancillary "where-are-they-now" conversations. This wouldn't even require full models! Just voices and still images.

I want Cloud to lighten the diddly up.

I’ve thought about this too. It could be similar to Zack’s emails in Crisis Core.

2 quid is good

Awards

I want Cloud to lighten the fuck up.

Even that at this point would be permissable for me. I don't see why people are still trying to defend this decision. There's nothing defensible about it

Back