• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► *SPOILERS* Finale Complaint Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TrueTroper

Awards
So UX's Global version has officially ended its story. I appreciated how the credits showed the customized Protagonist in the credit scenes, I felt like it was a nice touch to end the Protagonist's journey and a good tribute to the player for all their effort participating in the game. Nomura also showed he was interested in filling in some world-building gaps like the Dreameaters in DDD and how Scala Ad Caelum was built, among other things... But there were also some things I didn't like.

The number one thing I absolutely cannot stand about the Finale, though, is the Protagonist being connected to Xehanort. Yeah, yeah, Nomura's trying to go for the typical redemption thing with Young Xehanort in Dark Road, but this is just too much. I mean, SERIOUSLY?!

What about you? Was there anything about the Finale you didn't like? Feel free to post your grievances here and blow off some steam.

Awards
I feel like the only guy who really doesn't think Player being connected to Xehanort is that big of a deal.

Of course they'd be "connected to him". Cuz Dark Road and UX share the same app space and they needed a reason as to why Xehanort has Player memories.

Outside of that, we already know what happens with Xehanort post-Dark Road. Player's influence is incredibly miniscule at that point.

TrueTroper

Awards
I feel like the only guy who really doesn't think Player being connected to Xehanort is that big of a deal.

Of course they'd be "connected to him". Cuz Dark Road and UX share the same app space and they needed a reason as to why Xehanort has Player memories.

Outside of that, we already know what happens with Xehanort post-Dark Road. Player's influence is incredibly miniscule at that point.
I guess I just feel like Nomura once again missed his mark. Xehanort shares a lot more in common with Ephemer than he does with the Protagonist, IMHO. Even the fact that Xehanort is obsessed with "ancient keyblade wielders" could be linked to Ephemer, especially since several of the O13 are actually related to the Union Leaders (Larxene, Marluxia, Vanitas) Ephemer was friends with. Honestly, IMHO it seems like if Xehanort should be connected to anyone, it's Ephemer.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Xeanbort and Pleyer do not have a significant connection...it's just another case of I'VE BEEN HAVING THESE WEIRD THOUGHTS LATELY LIKE IS ANY OF THIS FOR REAL OR NOT. It'smeant to show that people even with similar circumstances can turn out wildly different. Kairi and X both are orphans whisked away to DI for whatever reason. Kairi ended her life journey at the old age of 16 getting glassed as a plot device, while Xehanort ended his life journey at the spritely young age of like 85 or 90 having bequeathed THE ULTIMATE KEY to a loser ass nobody with spiky hair then flying up to Kingdom Hearts with his boyfriend.

But back on point...my only complaint is that they TELL instead of show. Part of it is the chibi art style but KH has this problem of saying things without showing them. We KNOW Ephemer is a first generation Keyblade Master and he built Scala. We don't see how he did either. It's crazy.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not so much bothered by the Player-Xehanort thing specifically so much as the fact that Player is actually a character of canonical importance lol? "Character" is too strong a word, they're an empty avatar. I guess that's the point. I can appreciate it conceptually, but it annoys me as far as narrative goes.

My feelings toward the Brain-Luxu ordeal erred more toward frustration than intrigue, because it felt like it was needlessly seeding confusion. I'm sure there'll be some rhythm or reason to it though; I'm open-minded.

Oh uh, the X-Blade really should've come up in some form, though. Wtf is up with that.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
You are giving way too much though to their connection as if Player's personality affected Xehanort's in any manner which, as of the current Dark Road update, has not happened.

This is not a Ventus-Sora situation where we can see their connection echo'ing throughout Sora's life; Xehanort simply has the Player's heart inside him. How you interpret that is up to you as we don't have a proper explanation yet; maybe it's a heart inside another like Eraqus and Terra, or it's simply reincarnation (which I'm going with).

TrueTroper

Awards
You are giving way too much though to their connection as if Player's personality affected Xehanort's in any manner which, as of the current Dark Road update, has not happened.

This is not a Ventus-Sora situation where we can see their connection echo'ing throughout Sora's life; Xehanort simply has the Player's heart inside him. How you interpret that is up to you as we don't have a proper explanation yet; maybe it's a heart inside another like Eraqus and Terra, or it's simply reincarnation (which I'm going with).
@Noivern Okay, where you to remind me of this before I made this post? lol Basically Xehanort is to Player what Ansem:SoD's Guardian was to Terra: a soul jar thing. Maybe? Who knows?

But seriously, you're right. I most likely need to chill about this whole Player-Xehanort connection thing.

Oh uh, the X-Blade really should've come up in some form, though. Wtf is up with that.
Maybe Nomura is saving that for the end of Dark Road? I mean, the X-Blade is kind of Xehanort's thing... Dude's obsessed with it.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe Nomura is saving that for the end of Dark Road? I mean, the X-Blade is kind of Xehanort's thing... Dude's obsessed with it.
Right, I guess I specifically mean its relationship to the Keyblade War and the 7 lights/13 darknesses, both of which are key plot points in Union X. I suppose MoM’s speech about how Darkness split into 13 back during his time suggests the X-Blade is likely from the MoM’s even older Keyblade War, but the relationship between all these things is so confusing and it’s just odd that something so central to the overarching plot never came up. Hopefully Dark Road clears some things up.

Last edited:

TrueTroper

Awards
Right, I guess I specifically mean its relationship to the Keyblade War and the 7 lights/13 darknesses, both of which are key plot points in Union X. I suppose MoM’s speech about how Darkness split into 13 back during his time suggests the X-Blade is likely from the MoM’s even older Keyblade War, but the relationship between all these things is so confusing and it’s just odd that something so central to the overarching plot never came up.
That does seem curious... I hope Nomura manages to clear everything up soon. UX is over and there are still questions. Dark Road has some story left but that's focusing on Xehanort and not the Foreteller stuff... So how is this stuff going to get answered? Maybe in the next console game? I'm kind of skeptical but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Nomura has planned.

Last edited:

HamHamJ

Awards
I guess I just feel like Nomura once again missed his mark. Xehanort shares a lot more in common with Ephemer than he does with the Protagonist, IMHO. Even the fact that Xehanort is obsessed with "ancient keyblade wielders" could be linked to Ephemer, especially since several of the O13 are actually related to the Union Leaders (Larxene, Marluxia, Vanitas) Ephemer was friends with. Honestly, IMHO it seems like if Xehanort should be connected to anyone, it's Ephemer.

I disagree, it actually makes a lot of sense I think. Player has always been extremely driven and stubborn, and unwilling to sit back and accept fate. Of the Dandelions they are the only one to have actually fought in the Keyblade War, including the Union Leaders. That point in particular I think plays into Xehanort's obsession with it. Right here we see that Player was willing to attack and beat down their own friends to save them, the ends justifying the means. Player is also I think one of the strongest, if not the strongest, of the Dandelions, Union Leaders included.

I think Player has always been teetering at the edge of Darkness, and is the very example of a heart strong enough to withstand darkness even if it takes over his heart.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Actually, *I* thought I was the only one who really didn't think that Player being connected to Xehanort is that big of a deal. Like, seriously, I felt like that one dude alone in a party contemplating what everyone else is doing. Like: why are people making such a big deal out of this?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Player never was a Dandelion to begin with, they declined Ava's invitation.

That they even were around in Ux was only due to Ephemer's and Skuld's decision to "fetch" them after the end of Browser-Chi.

The whole Player-has-affinity-for-Darkness claim does have some merit though when one recalls that the Dark Chirithy was originally "created" by them.
In Back Cover it is revealed that when a Keykid falls to Darkness their Chirithy turns dark as well, yet Player's Chirithy didn't "turn" dark but they got a second one.
The first stayed as it is while the second was a dark one.
Player seems so far the only being who had two Chirithys.
(Which is another thing never addressed but well...)
---

That all being said though, a reincarnation as understood in regular terms is expilictly a continuation as a different individual (in contrast to resurrection/revival which brings back, or aims to bring back, the same individual).

Furthermore, if one recalls one of Ienzo's infodumps from KH III, Ansem the Wise and Joshua from DDD then it is clear that overall it does not matter on the fundamental level what state the heart itself is as the immortal part and crux of it are the memories.
Memories allow to reconstruct a heart if you have enough of them available, which is what both Joshua in DDD and Ienzo and his group in KH III are working towards. Josh for the TWEWY-crew and Ienzo & co. towards Ven, Rox and Xion.

HamHamJ

Awards
Counterpoint to that is that according to CoM, Recoded, etc all the heart can preserve emotional responses and connections even without memories.

LoneFox

Awards
The whole Player-has-affinity-for-Darkness claim does have some merit though when one recalls that the Dark Chirithy was originally "created" by them.
In Back Cover it is revealed that when a Keykid falls to Darkness their Chirithy turns dark as well, yet Player's Chirithy didn't "turn" dark but they got a second one.
The first stayed as it is while the second was a dark one.
Player seems so far the only being who had two Chirithys.
(Which is another thing never addressed but well...)
Didn't the Chirithy say (or at least suspect) that the Player has another heart inside them?
If so, it would make sense that the nightmare belonged to that second heart.

Back