• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoilers) I think I know how to distinguish between Roxas and Ventus now.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards

rottenpie

not only that but their voices are quite different

Ven's voice is softer and Roxas' voice is more serious

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Roxas looks like a 16 year old Ventus. Maybe he was 16? We definitely need official confirmation from Nomura.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Roxas looks like a 16 year old Ventus. Maybe he was 16? We definitely need official confirmation from Nomura...

I can't say this confirms much about Roxas' age exactly, but the KH3 Ultimania specifically lists Sora as being 15 years old for KH2 - KH3. Kairi is the same as Sora and Riku is listed as being 16 over the same time period. No one else has any direct mention to their age. The only other thing we can go by is during the Tokyo Game Show panel where Nomura was asked what age he thought the BBS gang was and (as far as I remember) basically said that he considered Aqua and Terra to be 18ish with Ven being 14 - 15.

Does this confirm my theory that the Roxas 17?

Again, we are never actually given an age for Roxas, but him being older than both Sora and Riku seems incorrect.

Foxycian

Awards
I mean didn’t Roxas look like Sora before ventus was introduced? Why did they suddenly give him ven face he looked much better with Sora face with just ventus hair, also Xemnas to Roxas “he looks a lot like you” that scene doesn’t make sense now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I mean didn’t Roxas look like Sora before ventus was introduced? Why did they suddenly give him ven face he looked much better with Sora face with just ventus hair, also Xemnas to Roxas “he looks a lot like you” that scene doesn’t make sense now.

I've explained this in another thread but while Roxas's face was built off of KH2 Sora's, they still had to tweak it. That face looked too chubby with Roxas's hair so they thinned down his chin area, which is why from certain angles, it looks kind of odd. They refined this model for subsequent games so as a result, Roxas and therefore Ven resembles Sora less.

However, I'd argue it still makes sense since they continued to say these characters look alike even after this model update, such as when Aqua visits Destiny Islands and says Sora is the spitting image of Ven.

Noivern

Awards
I've explained this in another thread but while Roxas's face was built off of KH2 Sora's, they still had to tweak it. That face looked too chubby with Roxas's hair so they thinned down his chin area, which is why from certain angles, it looks kind of odd. They refined this model for subsequent games so as a result, Roxas and therefore Ven resembles Sora less.

However, I'd argue it still makes sense since they continued to say these characters look alike even after this model update, such as when Aqua visits Destiny Islands and says Sora is the spitting image of Ven.
This is a plot hole that always irked me and they never addressed it properly. The Org likes to refer to Sora as Roxas throughout KH2 and originally, before BBS was introduced and we knew how the original members looked like, we could just assume that he did in fact look identical minus the hair and maybe all Nobodies went through those small changes, but now it doesn't seem like that's the case anymore. But them looking identical is still a thing.

As for the supposed differences between Rox and Ven, their models for KH3 are absolutely identical. The images you linked give the idea that they have minor differences apart from their outfit, but the supposed bigger hair is just the angle (one is looking up), same for the height difference: if you line the characters like that with that point of view, they will look like they all have different heights, even though all "Sorafaces" have the same height (The only actual different one is Vanitas due to him having a stronger body type? But they never addressed if that was actually him or just the suit evoking that Riku feel, lol.)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I still view them as all identical despite the tweaks made to Ven and Roxas's faces. They ARE pretty much identical. Even twins in real life have little differences between them.

My mom and aunt are identical twins, my mom is slightly taller and my aunt has a slightly chubbier face but to other people they have trouble telling them apart -they've never looked alike to me but that's cause well, they're my mom and aunt-

Still. It is strange that they never drove home the fact that Sora must somehow be connected to Ven because of Roxas's appearance. By they, I mean the org. Xigbar did... but still. I also expected a much greater reaction from Ven seeing Sora for the first time, but I guess that's about as big as I can get. Sora looks like Vanitas, and Vanitas sorta looks like him. Not much else for him to react to other than "Whoa, so that's why." I guess... no, the real question is why SORA hasn't wondered why the hell he and Roxas looks so much like Ven. He was shocked by Vanitas, but why not Ven. Is it because Ven looks like Roxas so he was already over it?

Sora question things more! Force yourself to remember! Agh!

Foxycian

Awards

Spitting image as of cheerful personality and happy go lucky dumb smile of him I don’t think she meant the face but then again they do look similar like how young xehanort and terra do and ventus did connect with Sora heart when Sora was born so that might have given him similar features? My only guess.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spitting image as of cheerful personality and happy go lucky dumb smile of him I don’t think she meant the face but then again they do look similar like how young xehanort and terra do and ventus did connect with Sora heart when Sora was born so that might have given him similar features? My only guess.
I kinda remember there being a Nomura Interview where something along those lines was stated. That Sora's appearance was influenced by his bond with Ven.

Noivern

Awards
I kinda remember there being a Nomura Interview where something along those lines was stated. That Sora's appearance was influenced by his bond with Ven.
I considered that argument but it makes no sense because Vanitas is a thing. Vanitas is supposed to look like a grown up Sora just like Roxas looks like Ven because of Sora, but if Ven is the reason Sora turned out that way in the first place then the whole deal about Vanitas ends up being pretty irrelevant. Also, biology is a thing, even if KH doesn't aknowledge parents. lol

While on that topic, I really hope they actually take the time to make Ventus and Roxas have different physical characteristics with the franchise going forward. I always pictured Roxas dyeing his hair another color to get his independence, but at least a different haircut might do. They should have done it for the epilogue but at least make it happen in future games, Nomura.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The more look at them the more I see the Roxas and Ven face similarities and how Roxas's face had changed since Days and KH2. Like Sign said Roxas's face use to be more chubby, now it's all thin and Ventus like. This was probably so they can easily save time with the models. Roxas does not look like Sora much anymore...and I miss that connection. Still I guess it makes sense to save time. Terra and Terranort, Kairi and Xion, lots of clone models that share the same features. But I miss chubby face Roxas!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The only other thing we can go by is during the Tokyo Game Show panel where Nomura was asked what age he thought the BBS gang was and (as far as I remember) basically said that he considered Aqua and Terra to be 18ish with Ven being 14 - 15.
To be more precise, I believe he said Aqua was 18, Terra was 20, and Ventus was 16. Master Xehanort was in his 80's, and I don't believe we got a confirmed age for Eraqus.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If the heart influences the appearance thing is true, then it does make sense. It's stated that when Vanitas was created, he did not have a face. Just darkness with red eyes. That's the appearance of all the unversed he creates (red eyes)

Ven and Sora's hearts touched when Sora was newly born/created. Sora's heart was on it's way and happened to come across Ven fading away.

We assume it's at this point Sora gained some of Ven's appearance. Sora filling in the pieces where Vanitas once occupied reflected onto Vanitas, who can still feel all of Ven's emotions and feelings (though it seems Ven can't feel his) That is how he gained Sora's appearance. This is when the triplets (eventually to be quadruplets) officially came to be, though none of them knew it.

Ven > Sora > Vanitas
V
Roxas

At the end of the day, they all technically look like Ven. He was the first dating back thousands of years according to Union X.

It makes sense that Sora still kinda has his own appearance (the chubby cheeks). Unlike Vanitas and Roxas who are born from other people, Sora (from what we know at this point >.>) is his own person.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
To be more precise, I believe he said Aqua was 18, Terra was 20, and Ventus was 16. Master Xehanort was in his 80's, and I don't believe we got a confirmed age for Eraqus.

I was actually in attendance at the crowd there, I just couldn't remember the exact numbers he used, haha. And no, he never mentioned Eraqus.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was actually in attendance at the crowd there, I just couldn't remember the exact numbers he used, haha. And no, he never mentioned Eraqus.
Well considering they look close in age in the Scala flashbacks and new art I guess Eraqus would be in his 80s/70s too, but that just doesn't sound right. At oldest i'd place him in his late 50s. Maybe time on the lLnd of Departure is slower so he ended up 2 ~ 3 decades younger?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well considering they look close in age in the Scala flashbacks and new art I guess Eraqus would be in his 80s/70s too, but that just doesn't sound right. At oldest i'd place him in his late 50s. Maybe time on the lLnd of Departure is slower so he ended up 2 ~ 3 decades younger?
Xehanort did say in his reports that he viewed Eraqus as a kind of "younger brother." So that implies he's not quite as old as Xehanort, but yeah, I can't imagine the difference being very big looking at the flashbacks (as you aptly pointed out).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Xehanort did say in his reports that he viewed Eraqus as a kind of "younger brother." So that implies he's not quite as old as Xehanort, but yeah, I can't imagine the difference being very big looking at the flashbacks (as you aptly pointed out).
Yeah i wonder, if Project Xehanort will explain how Eraqus went from looking at most 5 years younger to looking at least a decade or two younger.

Thanks to ReMind we know the one that doesn't look his age is Eraqus. The dude does not look like a teen + 64 years in BBS.

Back