• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Think like the Donald and Goofy in Coded.
What are you talking about. If I remember right, the Donald and Goofy in Hollow Bastion were the real ones helping Data Sora.
Ienzo's age is questionable. It was never defined how he managed to look like that if he was turned into a Nobody at the same time as the original 6
You acknowledge the original 6. Now answer me mine:
Oh we know. But answer me this. If those two are somebodies, and that's Axel, how is that possible?

Nobodies number 5 and 6 were created before number 8.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Lol, I dunno. I forget the "reasoning" Mickey gave Riku when he couldn't open the portal.
I believe it was "you aren't part of that realm anymore" or something.

Sorry. So that would mean that Tron hasn't met Sora, only the copy has. Hmm, didn't Mickey, Donald, and Goofy also not know Sora in the trailer?
That's because, like Jiminy, they probably don't possess the memories of their waking counterparts.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Lol, I dunno. I forget the "reasoning" Mickey gave Riku when he couldn't open the portal.

At 2:30, Mickey says. "You don't belong in the Dark Realm anymore Riku."

[video=youtube;uo1YB8J7x5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1YB8J7x5M[/video]

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
I won't even try reading all the new posts. Been watching the trailer on repeat for a while now.
Glad I checked it out when I woke up!

Grey

After them showing the CG scene of Sora Riku and Mickey fighting MX in the keyblade graveyard, I am honestly expecting that to be the final boss of Dream Drop Distance.

I don't see much else of a reason why they'd show it unless it had importance to this specific game.

I thought that scene was more symbolic than anything. It showed Riku and Sora fighting Master Xehanort, I think, to parallel how they fought Xemnas together. The opening trailers are often symbolic in that way.

It reminds me of Master Xehanort saying to Ven "you might not have lost it permanently" or something, in one of the early BBS trailers. I thought that was unusual to have such an important scene in Olympus Coliseum (and they moved it to an original world by the time of the game's release, I think).

I thought that scene ended up being scrapped. Master Xehanort never ended up saying that speech to Ven anywhere, from what I remember.

The only thing that makes me wonder is...if MX has gained his young body, did Terra gain his body back?

His young body is Terra's body, so that would mean that only the original Somebody ("Terranort") has been re-created now that Xemnas and Ansem SoD were destroyed.

i think they were a nobody in that moment already cuz ienzo... or zexion he looks old u.u

That was Ienzo. There weren't any nobodies standing there. Axel, Lexaeus, and Zexion were all killed. Once a Nobody is killed, it stays dead until it's corresponding heartless is destroyed, at which point the Somebody of that Nobody and Heartless is formed. There's no way that those three are anything other than somebodies.

Thing is, though... almost every character seems to look younger than they did in KH2 (Sora definitely does, Riku sort of does...), so it makes me wonder: if the Somebody of a Nobody and Heartless is re-created, does it come back as however old it was when the heart and body separated, or does it come back as the age it's Nobody was/it should be?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
His young body is Terra's body, so that would mean that only the original Somebody ("Terranort") has been re-created now that Xemnas and Ansem SoD were destroyed.
His young body isn't Terra's body. That really young one we see is the same one from the start of Birth by Sleep, the one we don't see the face of but the data was found on the disc.

That, I cannot answer.

25 char(izard)
Don't type in that "25 blah blah blah" crap to pass the system. It's there for a reason, don't abuse it like that.

And will you accept that those 3 are all Somebodies now?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought that scene ended up being scrapped. Master Xehanort never ended up saying that speech to Ven anywhere, from what I remember.

Nope, that scene happened when Ven came to fetch Mickey who laid unconscious at the badlands.
MX approached him and just by a single smirk caused Ven to go into a frenzy when part of his lost memories painfully returned.

It was then that MX gave that speech, although slightly altered to the original one shown at OC in the original trailer.

MizuMikomi

Awards
I just remembered...

In Kingdom Hearts II, doesn't Tron reference something about an "old" system? That he was removed from?
If so then it's likely that the old system is Tron legacy's world, and that all the missing data from Ansem's computer in Radient Garden was a part of the "old system".

That would probably mean that Space Paranoids is new, and overwrote the old. Or that the Tron Legacy world was just deleted outright. Which could also explain it's inclusion in the RoS.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just remembered...

In Kingdom Hearts II, doesn't Tron reference something about an "old" system? That he was removed from?
If so then it's likely that the old system is Tron legacy's world, and that all the missing data from Ansem's computer in Radient Garden was a part of the "old system".

That would probably mean that Space Paranoids is new, and overwrote the old. Or that the Tron Legacy world was just deleted outright.
Ansem made a copy of the system. The real one will be in 3D. The one in KH II was a copy.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wow! What an epic trailer! I really want that CG a boss battle of KH3, even though it's not gonna happen.

Who was that guy in the end that looked like Terranort?

KHHacker6595

I take it based off the trailer that where not going to see any of the villains from Pinocchio's world because the cage seen in this game takes place at Pleasure Island, and Pinocchio comments that a man in a "Black Coat", possible Vanitas or Young Xehanort told him to go there. I really hope that Honest John and Gideon show up, their sprites where in 358/2 Days. Stromboli, The Coachman, and Lampwick would all make interesting and welcomed additions to that world if they show up. The lack of NPC's kills me in these games. I just watched Tron: Legacy and it really hypes me up for playing in that world. I kinda have a theory as to how all these worlds show up, basically some worlds represent times and outcomes that didn't happen. When the worlds where destroyed by the Heartless events that where supposed to happen didn't, therefor they fall into sleep. When they are brought back into existence these events will become one with the worlds that they are connected with it. In Tron's case, Space Paranoids is a copied version of the original ENCOM program, so the world based on Tron: Legacy is most likely how the original program evolved like in the film. The worlds don't need to follow a pattern they just have to work for a Dream Based Realm, basically anything can happen.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I have to say, this game looks a lot better then birth by sleep just from the trailer. It gave me chills, I'm definitely not going to spoil this one.

The fanservice is off the chain though! I'm going to stash $40 away right now...
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Grey

Wow! What an epic trailer! I really want that CG a boss battle of KH3, even though it's not gonna happen.

Who was that guy in the end that looked like Terranort?

(Master) Xehanort's somebody.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized this may be a presumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back