• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

If you don't see it on the front page, it's not out yet.

... didn't you just ask this question a while ago? Current time: 7:34 AM, Tokyo, Japan.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I was watching this:[video=youtube;c_-75zG1CY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_-75zG1CY8&feature=relmfu[/video]

and at 3:32 the guy starts talking about how it was originally going to be Sora who needed saving, not Kairi, with certain lines like "That's right Sora. Your body, your soul, your whole existence... they're going to disappear." and ""Come on guys, we've got to save Sora."

Nomura is known for taking things that have been cut out of previous games and putting it in the next ones (Pride Lands, Pinocchio, etc.) so who knows. Maybe Sora will need saving, like I though ^_^.

If I was to bet on it, Vanitas would say the first line and Mickey would say to everyone else at the end of the game they need to save Sora.

You know what's actually somewhat giving scary credibility to that as a possibility?
The secret ending of BBS Final Mix with first Sora and then Ventus disappearing...

Amazing

tumblr_lfldxha3EM1qfcbfro1_500.gif

j/k but no it isn't. when it is you all will be the first to know! :D

lol excellent response(I'mma do that next time). I took my dog for a walk so I wasn't able to keep track.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You know what's actually somewhat giving scary credibility to that as a possibility?
The secret ending of BBS Final Mix with first Sora and then Ventus disappearing...
It's just an idea. That trailer has probably been forgotten by now.
Part of me thinks that led to when Sora became a Heartless for all of five minutes. Though i dunno
They can still re-use the dialogue seeing as how it didn't make it into the game.

snow_flake40

Awards

About that line of Sora's, I thought he said it because Yen Sid was telling him he had to take the MoM before facing Xehanort. If I were Sora, I probably would have acted the exact same way. To me, the MoM seems like a waste of time when they could be preparing for Xehanort's return. Especially since Sora's defeated him now numerous times. And is doing a lot better than the Keyblade wielders that had years of training.

I'm not arguing with you, but I don't get why people think Sora suddenly thinks he's god's gift to fighting with that one line. You have to remember Blank Points. In that, Sora didn't really seem arrogant at all. More resigned to saving everyone, because it was the right thing to do. He seemed to have really thought the journey over, and is sad to leave Kairi.

IDK. Sora almost seems more mature to me. Especially since he does end up taking the MoM, something he doesn't think he needs to do, to support Riku.

And honestly, Sora's always been cocky. I think that's just how he deals with all the tramua. He passes it off as a joke, and says ridiculous things. Kind of like Snow in FFXIII (though not as bad, I think). And that's actually why I love him. I love him being light hearted even with everything bad going on.

And at least the line's not as bad as this one from the original CoM, "I'll save Naminé, Riku, AND the king…and I'll do it blindfolded! Heartless? Hah! Forces of evil, do your worst!" LOL.

I think all Sora (and everyone) needs to learn is that Darkness doesn't mean evil, and Light can be corrupt like Darkness can. But that's just my opinion :D

I completely agree with you. I even said earlier that one of the things I love about Sora is his ever-so-slightly cocky nature and how he's confident in himself and his abilities.

And you're completely right about Sora not wanting to leave Destiny Islands and having to go off on another grand adventure when he just got home. He would probably prefer just getting it over with and facing Xehanort now rather than having to spend who knows how much time preparing. I mean, he did just save the universe. Twice. Surely he can take on anyone at this point?

So yeah, fair enough. I'm just worried that Sora's wanting to get this over and done with and the amount of confidence he has in his strength might make him underestimate Xehanort or whoever he faces. It's totally justified, but I'm afraid that something like that might happen.

But as I said before, I'm probably just overthinking that one, itty-bitty line. :p

And I strongly agree about people needing to learn that Darkness=/= Evil and Light =/=Good. I'm hoping that Frollo might be able to teach Sora the latter lesson, seeing as he's completely blinded by light.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's just an idea. That trailer has probably been forgotten by now.

They can still re-use the dialogue seeing as how it didn't make it into the game.

I know, but it can be left in the back of the mind as a possibility.
As it is also a possibility for that dialogue to be used in connection to the enourmous suffering of Terra, Aqua, Ven, Naminé, Xion and Roxas.
Data-Naminé said that their torment is so big that if handled incorrectly or to hasty it can damage Sora's heart.
Would also fit...and maybe i.e. Vanitas will unleash the torment on Sora's unprepared heart to gain a sort of advantage?
But that's going straight into theorizing again...and that would be off-topic...lol.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

And at least the line's not as bad as this one from the original CoM, "I'll save Naminé, Riku, AND the king…and I'll do it blindfolded! Heartless? Hah! Forces of evil, do your worst!" LOL.

Just throwing this out there, that line wasn't Sora speaking from the heart. He was doubting himself and Donald and Goofy told him to act cocky...so he said that.

Nomura is known for taking things that have been cut out of previous games and putting it in the next ones (Pride Lands, Pinocchio, etc.) so who knows. Maybe Sora will need saving, like I though ^_^.

Also, if Sora somehow gets trapped in the RoS and needs saving...I'm not sure if Kairi would be the one to save him. Unless Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Riku are all busy running errands to get Yensid's laundry, I wouldn't leave that task to Kairi, but it would be a start to get her a keyblade.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

8 A.M. in Japan.

One hour until Jump Festa starts again.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I thought about Sora needing rescuing like in the beta a long time ago. would be cool if that theory could get some more love now

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

8 A.M. in Japan.

One hour until Jump Festa starts again.

Lol, gets mentally ready for more stuff.

Reading about all that is one thing...but actually seeing it is another.
Crapload good that I personally don't care about spoilers...hehehe.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

in one hour it's 1.00 am for me. not good
Go to sleep. When you wake up, you can see everything that has happened, and if the forums crashed, you'll miss it.

snow_flake40

Awards

Go to sleep. When you wake up, you can see everything that has happened, and if the forums crashed, you'll miss it.

But that's half the fun! I love getting the info while it's actually happening.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's not worth it if nothing actually happens though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

1.00am for me as well...can keep up with the hype for three hours though...tomorrow is still free. ;)

snow_flake40

Awards

Yeah, I s'pose most, if not all, of the exciting junk would have happened yesterday. But I need to start studying for exams on Monday. May as well have this site open beside me...

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

6:23 for me and I live in the eastern US, so I've got plenty of time to waste. I just hope the trailer or the next Famitsu can somewhat describe how to customize your Dream Eater like changing color or adding nicknames. *Pokemon memories clogging my brain*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back