• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

Here is what confused me the most. Here is the thing: Is it possible that the data Ansem put in Sora's heart was perhaps someone else's heart. According to the translations, Vanita's face appears when that is said, this leads me to believe that it is hinting Vanitas' heart is actually inside Sora's as well as Ventus'? However, this would kind of rid of the theory that MF is Vanitas and stuff like that.
Also a possibility, although that would throw up the question where the heck DiZ got another heart from.
Not to mention that if we go by Vanitas...his heart is pure darkness...why would Ansem risk putting something that dangerous inside Sora?
Even more...how the bonk would Ansem get into posession of Vanitas's heart?
Isn't it rather so that Terra-Xehanort says this line to Sora while Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Vanitas's faces are displayed around him, indicating that Vanitas's heart is with Xehanort? (Remember the golden eyes and pointy ears!)

The MF is way to tall to be Vanitas and his battle style is also nothing like him.

Dale

Ive seen footage from Jump Festas over games surely someone had a bonking camera when they showed KH DDD trailer, getting so impatient.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

DALE! For. The. Last. Time. Please. Be. Patient.

Also stop crossposting and spamming the Facebook page with this same question, kthx.

Dale

I havent asked that question since this morning. And btw why are you making a habit of getting at me for it, isnt it what being a members for, why not get at someone else who checks back every few hours...

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I havent asked that question since this morning.

Exactly. This morning.

Once we find a video, it will be posted here on the forum in this thread and as a new thread and probably in the forum index. You won't be able to miss it.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

After watching Fantasia a bit yesterday, I think I came up with an actual way to give all of the Fantasia segments besides the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Night on Bald Mountain representation in KH! You see, Mysterious Tower to me has always been a representation of Fantasia in my opinion and a Disney world. So why not add mini-games similar to KH2 Atlantica where you move and dance or whatever in the other segments. Yen Sid could teleport you to these other place as "tests" or something and you prizes and upgrades from each song you complete. (Also, a return of Chernabog as a boss wouldn't be bad either!) I know some people might want these as full-fledged worlds or not see them at all, but Mysterious Tower just seems so small and unimportant, so I think this is the proper tune up it needs to draw actual attention. (At least they'll be fun then singing "Part of Your World" for the millionth time and an opportunity to get some nice remixes!)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

There's a fine line between "checking back" every few hours (by just posting something in the discussion) and bugging the hell out of people with the same question over and over again.

The trailer will come when it comes...no need to be an annoyance over it.
(Like that constant FFX-thingie which has no place around this thread, lol, and beside, FF X is already out for several years...I know as I have it. ;P).
The staff has also other things to do like i.e. fixing translation errors etc.

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com

After watching Fantasia a bit yesterday, I think I came up with an actual way to give all of the Fantasia segments besides the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Night on Bald Mountain representation in KH! You see, Mysterious Tower to me has always been a representation of Fantasia in my opinion and a Disney world. So why not add mini-games similar to KH2 Atlantica where you move and dance or whatever in the other segments. Yen Sid could teleport you to these other place as "tests" or something and you prizes and upgrades from each song you complete. (Also, a return of Chernabog as a boss wouldn't be bad either!) I know some people might want these as full-fledged worlds or not see them at all, but Mysterious Tower just seems so small and unimportant, so I think this is the proper tune up it needs to draw actual attention. (At least they'll be fun then singing "Part of Your World" for the millionth time and an opportunity to get some nice remixes!)

I think a Mysterious Tower/Epic Mickey tie-in would be brilliant. :D

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

No it would not, not in the least.

There is the possibility he could return....his world was apart of End Of The World, which meant it was taken by the Heartless.
So it could just have easily ended up in the RoS....in fact, I'm kind of hoping for this to happen.

I want my Chernabog!!!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

We're all antsy for the DDD trailer but asking about it won't make it come any faster.
Just have some tea, read a book, take a nap, it'll get here when it gets here.

Crazy Mario

I think a Mysterious Tower/Epic Mickey tie-in would be brilliant. :D
Honestly, I don't think Square will ever reach out to a Disney video game made by another company or any Disney video games in general. I just think the whole Wasteland tie-in idea is kind of overrated. I would LOVE to see Oswald in Kingdom Hearts, but that's honestly it.

Youniquee

Awards

-sigh- people and their patience issues :( The trailer will come eventually people~

Crazy Mario

No it would not, not in the least.

There is the possibility he could return....his world was apart of End Of The World, which meant it was taken by the Heartless.
So it could just have easily ended up in the RoS....in fact, I'm kind of hoping for this to happen.

I want my Chernabog!!!
Trust me, everyone would appreciate some more Fantasia love, ESPECIALLY CHERNABOG! But seriously, I can't see anyone of the Fantasia segments alone being worlds or even mini-game worlds. I hate to act conceited, but I can only see them appearing the way I mentioned it. But, I still want some Chernabog though!

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Trust me, everyone would appreciate some more Fantasia love, ESPECIALLY CHERNABOG! But seriously, I can't see anyone of the Fantasia segments alone being worlds or even mini-game worlds. I hate to act conceited, but I can only see them appearing the way I mentioned it. But, I still want some Chernabog though!

Though they could possibly do a "Night On Bald Mountain" world.

It would just have to be quite the original plot. I mean, there'd be no need for NPC's....since there weren't/aren't any.

I could see it as more of a final world though. But I'm pretty sure it could be done.

Maybe throw in some FF/TWEWY characters.....to add onto a possible plot.

But anymore of this convo...should be in the world thread.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

No news drought is worse than the one between the reveal trailer and the dream eater showcase. Waiting a day or two for the trailer then a few months for worlds is nothing!
Correction: No news drought is worse than the one for Versus.

I have to agree, and I see this getting really frustrating at some points. For example, after the events of the game when people focus on getting the extras in the game to 100% complete it (journal, etc.), if something is character-specific, it is going to be really annoying to have to wait out Riku's gameplay just to get back to Sora or have to go the Pause menu and switch back every little while -_- We'll just see how this turns out.
I realised this last night, you could play the whole game as Sora and still be in the first world as Riku if you wanted o_O

Mario. World Thread.

Crazy Mario

Correction: No news drought is worse than the one for Versus.

I realised this last night, you could play the whole game as Sora and still be in the first world as Riku if you wanted o_O

Mario. World Thread.
You want to know the most silly thing though. I actually thought I was in the Worlds thread until like ten minutes ago. Ah, how my stupidity never ceases to amaze me!

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Well, the frankenstick may not look like it but a whole lot of people said it was very comfortable when playing. You can compare it with the Gamecube controller, the thing looks like hell to play with but it's reaaaally comfortable to play with.

If you look at pictures of the frankenstick (hehe I'm using that name now everytime I talk about it >:D), it kinda turns your 3ds into a 'controller looking' handheld.

I wasn't much of a fan of it myself, mind you, but I changed my mind when seeing positive responses of people that already played with it.

Heh, I don't have anything against the frankenstick, really; I'm going to get one, and it'll probably be more comfortable for me to use, (my hands cramped up when playing Days/Re:Coded on the DS Lite, and 3DS is the same size, roundabout). XD; It's just that it's kind of disappointing that they'd come up with such a counterintuitive scheme to use for people who don't want to spend the extra money. =P

It's not going to look very nice on my Zelda 3DS, though. =(

Frollo is a bit like Queen Grimhilde was portrayed in BBS.
She claimed her "radiance" (light) was all her world needed, and Frollo is partly on the same bandwagon.

Eraqus is a character blinded by light and also Aqua to a way lesser degree and I really doubt one can compare Frollo with Eraqus.

Yeah, Grimhilde and Frollo are kind of similar in that way, but they're still both definitely Dark villains. XD;

I wouldn't worry too much. That sounds like how the default camera controles for Days were set and you could switch those settings. But I was planning on getting that "frankenstick" for this game any way so I don't see it as a big deal.

That's true. They'll probably make a second control scheme like Days did, which could make things better. Then again, both of Days' control options were terrible (with touch camera honestly being the best part of it). >_< Trying to squish a KH control scheme onto a DS just doesn't really work all that well, unfortunately.

I am kind of wondering what they're doing with the L and R buttons that make it impossible to use those for the camera, though.

I apologize. I didn't explain as well as I should have. Frollo is not Light. At all. What you have said is true, and I meant it the same way as you did. The thing with Frollo was that he thought he was doing "God's work," and that his cause was just, and holy. He thought the gypsies were all evil, and the epitome of sin. His hunt to get rid of evil blinded him to the evil he himself was causing.

I meant to say he was a being of "Light" because he thought his cause was right, and that he was a hero. But he went too far, was blinded by the "Light", and became the most evil person.

Once again, I apologize for my poor explanation.

Oh, okay. I don't think you explained it poorly, actually; we just disagree on what constitutes being "blinded by the Light."

The problem with Frollo as that sort of character, for me, is that everything he does seems to have himself in the center, as opposed to him doing things "for the greater good." He externalizes his own guilt and shame and projects it onto others, and then targets them as "evil" for it so he doesn't have to confront the evil inside himself. That initial inability to see his own failings is very much rooted in Darkness rather than Light -- it parallels Riku in KH1 when he projects his own fear of abandonment onto Sora and attacks him for "betraying" him, or Riku in Chain of Memories when Repliku basically serves as a physical embodiment of his fear of his own darkness and he wants nothing more than to destroy it completely, or Ansem the Wise when he projects his own feelings of failure onto his apprentices and works to have the Organization killed because of it.

Or, to put it another way, Frollo's behavior is just one more example of the Jungian Shadow concept that repeatedly shows up in connection with those characters aligned with Darkness. Connecting him to the Light in any way would completely muck up the KH metaphysics. =P

Kingdom Hearts' camera controls were never amazing, I think at this point SE doesn't really focus on the camera too much. It is one of the things they will sacrifice to make other aspects better, and the camera has never been absolutely terrible to me, so I think they can pull it off this time. However, I do think this game is going to be very frustrating camera-wise without the second analog stick <_<

That's exactly why we need a convenient camera control, though. =P I don't mind all that much if the camera fights me, as long as I'm actually able to fight back. XD; (Losing lock-on in BbS was annoying, though, and I hope that doesn't happen again =( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back