• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
"They" who? Regardless of who you mean, what is your point? DDD already established that entering "Sleep" and going to deeper layers of it is, at least in part, a physical process. But I may need a slightly more verbose explanation of what you're getting at to respond adequately.

I think KHx is the true event of the Keyblade War, while KHUx is the dream recreation, and KHUx Season 2 could be the second dream recreation. But why would we need a dream recreation, and to that, a second one? Is MX trying to recreate the War in the Realm of Sleep?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Erm...is it a bit different in Unchained? Perhaps I misinterpreted, but I was under the presumption that Dark Chirithy gave you the Guilt Bangle in the first place. Or at least, it seemed to be implying that the Chirithy giving you the bangle was not the one you were used to. I'm really less familiar with the scenes of the browser version in terms of differences against Unchained, so I may be mistaken, but if I'm not, then saying "the guilt we've been collecting...creat[ed] him" might not be entirely accurate.

The scenes are the same in both versions.

Vaddix

Awards
I think KHx is the true event of the Keyblade War, while KHUx is the dream recreation, and KHUx Season 2 could be the second dream recreation. But why would we need a dream recreation, and to that, a second one? Is MX trying to recreate the War in the Realm of Sleep?

That is also a possibility, indeed! My only reason for assuming Sleep for KHx is the presence of Dream Eaters and Dark Chirithy's statement "another dream".
I don't think it's so much we "need" a dream recreation, as much as, that's just the consequence of whatever happens to Daybreak Town. If it fell into Sleep in some manner, via Darkness or what have you, the world would dream, and dream up events that may have already happened, sometimes in a tweaked manner, and presumably in an endless cycle. (This talk of endless cycles of conflict makes me want to play some Dissidia) I wouldn't think MX wants a war in the RoS so much as the characters of interest might currently be trapped there (even though I thought DDD's 7-keyhole-unlocking should have freed all Sleeping Worlds, so my theory has that flaw, but maybe there's exceptions to that rule?).

The scenes are the same in both versions.

Oh excellent. So right, it wouldn't make sense for the Guilt we collect to create Dark Chirithy. Maybe empower it, but certainly not create it.

DefiantHeart

Awards
After looking at the end footage a second time... I think the player does indeed die. My heart literally dropped into a bit of despair at this. At the first glimpse of the player on the ground, you can see a heart clearly fly out of them right before Chirithy appears, though it's pretty subtle and you can miss it...sigh. Shame too, from what has been seen in Kingdom Hearts so far, it seems you perma-die if you're killed by another human as in the case with Eraqus's death by Xehanort... and if you're killed by darkness you turn into a heartless and Nobody which gives you a chance for ressurection if both parts are defeated, or if the heartless comes into contact with a princess of heart like Kairi in the case of Sora. That's what I've come to the conclusion so far, just rambling to think if there is any chance we'll see our avatars again in future KH titles, and that it didn't end here to make it easy for Square Enix to narrate for future titles.

Luxu

Awards
After looking at the end footage a second time... I think the player does indeed die. My heart literally dropped into a bit of despair at this. At the first glimpse of the player on the ground, you can see a heart clearly fly out of them right before Chirithy appears, though it's pretty subtle and you can miss it...sigh. Shame too.

[video=youtube;KgfCB_38aYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgfCB_38aYI[/video]

That heart belongs to another person, I had to keep repeating that moment over and over. It is to far away to be from the Player and our body didn't vanish. So our Player does not die. But they are dead inside.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay Xickin, the Ava video is up now :)

@lunepuyo on Twitter recorded this scene for us <3

[video=youtube;YzN9uZ01jpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzN9uZ01jpQ[/video]

Luxu

Awards
Watching that was kinda sad, seeing as Lady Ava matches me well.

It was sad seeing her beat herself up, finding out that she might be the traitor.

She even withheld info from the Player, THE PLAYER!

Karrawong

Watching that was kinda sad, seeing as Lady Ava matches me well.

It was sad seeing her beat herself up, finding out that she might be the traitor.

She even withheld info from the Player, THE PLAYER!

Wasn't she always hiding info from the player? I think all the foretellers minus Gula in the recent update were all hiding important information from everyone.

Though I do feel sorry for her, attacking someone and leaving them to die (even if it's unintentional) wasn't one of her best moments. But I can sort of understand why given her mindset at the moment.

Thank you Sign and Goldpanner for translating all the cutscenes!

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Wow... I genuinely feel sorry for Lady Ava. The truth revealed in the missing page and the traitor of the group must have been so personal to her that she flipped her shit and became ruthless! And her words with telling the players to join the Dandelions after the battle despite refusing to initially...

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Those bangles confuse me. We can collect Lux without them just fine, so are we converting the sins of the Heartless? They are the only source of Lux so it has to be something like this, maybe we have one bangle from the start.
Then there is the power bangle which exclusively converts the sins into empowering darkness. I don't know why Spirit Chirithy thinks it can convert the sins into light too, because this never ever happens.
Finally there is the light draw bangle from the crystals of light events which converts these sins into light like expected, but they are only valuable to the Moogle and the unseen shadowy figure (strongly suggested to be the Nightmare Chirithy).

All this is going nowhere, why was the Lux needed in the first place besides being some sort of protection against the darkness that was in large parts caused by the collection of it? Both these plot points are never talked about again at the end, even though it was the entire premise of the game. Now it's all about the traitor who ruined a plan we weren't even informed about, a plan which needed the holograms of the book of prophecies, Heartless and Dream Eaters to work.

It's a real shame all this story progression falls flat in the end and we're left with basically the same questions that were created during the beginning of the game, I really can't think of an even more unsatisfying finale at the moment.
I don't think we had a bangle from the start. It's probably Chirithy that has been collecting the Lux. It explains why he has a Lux pouch, might even explain why all players get a Chirithy from the start.
Well Chirithy got probably deceived too, the MoM wanted us to use the Power Bangle, and he decided to give us the Bangle when we reached a certain point. MoM also created the Chirithy, he probably made them think that the Power Bangle was a good thing.
So we finally know who the Shadow Figure is! Damn, that took only 3 years! Wait what? The Shadow Figure was there before we got the Power Bangle. Did they put the Power Bangle scene before the CoL scenes?

Well if MoM wanted us to fight each other to create the X-Blade, without us knowing that we were actually fighting over the X-Blade, he needed another reason for us to fight. So he chose Lux.
Also keep in mind, this game was first supposed to be non canon, so it's inevitable that some plot points were forgotten, or just simply dropped.

Seeing as we are going to get a "season 2", I never expected them to answer our questions. Hell, I expect that the story update on the 29th is going to give us more questions then answers.
Precisely what I was thinking/suggesting a bit earlier on; if this takes place in the Realm of Sleep, would we not expect the denizens to be experiencing a sort of endless cycle of nightmares, the same dreams without end until the world is awakened?
Wait a second, to awaken a Sleeping World, one has to unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. How can it be that in a Sleeping World with thousands of Keyblade Bearers and 7 Masters no one found the Sleeping Keyhole yet?

Ah, thanks for all the hard work Sign and goldpanner.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wait a second, to awaken a Sleeping World, one has to unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. How can it be that in a Sleeping World with thousands of Keyblade Bearers and 7 Masters no one found the Sleeping Keyhole yet?

Because, as told to us by DDD, in order to find the Sleeping Keyhole of a world you need to be guided by Dream Eaters towards it.
That's why Riku and Sora had to befriend them over the course of DDD's story.

While each player has a "personal" Chirithy, as shown by the reactions of Player's Chirithy to the revelations of the Dark Chirithy and not knowing the terms "Spirit" and "Nightmare" it can be assumed that the Chirithys are not aware of what their own race (Dream Eater) is.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Because, as told to us by DDD, in order to find the Sleeping Keyhole of a world you need to be guided by Dream Eaters towards it.
That's why Riku and Sora had to befriend them over the course of DDD's story.

While each player has a "personal" Chirithy, as shown by the reactions of Player's Chirithy to the revelations of the Dark Chirithy and not knowing the terms "Spirit" and "Nightmare" it can be assumed that the Chirithys are not aware of what their own race (Dream Eater) is.
Ah... I didn't like DDD very much so I forgot most of it :/ It makes sense though.

Vasquez

Awards
A reoccurring dream/scenario would not be cool.

I would guess the KH unierse as we know it wouldbe the result of this chin being broken and that was the the masters objective.

Uh, basically the whole universe was 'sleeping'.

To add, MX's understanding of what actually went on seems to be of grandeur and perhaps what he is not seeking.

I need to go to sleep.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Yay! (And thanks to Goldpanner for more translating and lunepuyo for recording this for us!)

But...it hurts so much to see Ava after she found out she's the traitor (I am however amused the traitor belongs to the most popular Union.)
And every time I see Player collapse I just....;A;

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yay! (And thanks to Goldpanner for more translating and lunepuyo for recording this for us!)

But...it hurts so much to see Ava after she found out she's the traitor (I am however amused the traitor belongs to the most popular Union.)
i sont think she meant to be the traitor i think she thought she was doing was somehing right but in the end it may have label her as the traitor on the other hand i need more details from backcover and season 2 first and maybe the sepeical episode as well

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yay :) Now I just have to wait for this secret ending I heard about...That's a thing, right?

That is correct, sir. The secret ending will see a release this Monday, August 29th. We'll probably see it earlier, since Japan is a lot of hours ahead.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Huh, I thought Unicorns was the most popular Union.

Also, I'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't do anything with the Union Rankings in the story update. Like some subtle hint about or something, nothing of real importance, but a little easter egg would have been nice.

Luxu

Awards
Wasn't she always hiding info from the player? I think all the foretellers minus Gula in the recent update were all hiding important information from everyone.

Though I do feel sorry for her, attacking someone and leaving them to die (even if it's unintentional) wasn't one of her best moments. But I can sort of understand why given her mindset at the moment.

Thank you Sign and Goldpanner for translating all the cutscenes!

If she was sure that she was going to kill the Player, at least tell them something before murdering them. And those Keyblades that where coming out of the sky, did the Foretellers cause that?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If she was sure that she was going to kill the Player, at least tell them something before murdering them. And those Keyblades that where coming out of the sky, did the Foretellers cause that?
Eh, seems like Ava's smarter than your average bad guy. If you want something to stay secret, just say nothing at all, rather than spilling the beans to someone who isn't dead yet.

Those Keyblades falling out of the sky were from dead wielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back