• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Special Episode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
Ahhh yes, that's right, thanks.
Hm. So then, while they may not be permanently bound to the RoS, that leaves the question of under what conditions can they get out. How did Riku pull that off? Did it involve Keyblade shenanigans? Despite being a big fan of DDD, my memory is crazy hazy on a fair few details.

Bringing this detail up also makes me realize that this makes chi[x] being in the RoS an even shakier idea, or at the very least, if it is a dream, the real version of the events we're seeing could still have been preeetty close to how we see it. That is to say, Chirithies could have indeed been involved in the "original event". Which is...adorable. Makes me smile.

Well, I mean. All worlds and realms are one doing Chi right? And all Chirithies are made an "odd" way, that being from the MoM himself not from actual dreams. So I think they can exist in all Realms, kinda like how Riku became a dream eater and still had the emblem. It might be hinting at Chirirties existing in all Realms they want, also because Chi. Like how Ava had one following her around in the trailer, or the Player's Chirity.

I am also glad that the Daybreak Trio is going to be relevant to the story.
And yes they are a trio, they have united

Vaddix

Awards
Riku devoured the dream he was in after defeating Ansem, which left him in the real world. It should be noted that Riku's Komory Bat and (presumably Sora's) Meow Wow, along with any other Spirit in Riku's party, was able to manifest in the real world too.

I get the feeling that DE's can't appear in the real world on their own. They probably need an entity like Riku to use as a sort of portal.

I see, I see. And right, when you mentioned that scene, I had the memory of those two showing up pop into my head. I likewise was thinking those partner DE's only appeared with Riku as a sort of conduit, since they were maybe acting like extra partners (assuming they were not the partners Riku was already using in-game...that blurring line between gameplay mechanics and canon, though).

So, perhaps a Chirithy could exist outside the RoS with a Player as a conduit, or for that matter, the Chirithy describes itself as being created by the MoM, no? Then perhaps the MoM acts in a similar manner somehow, who knows?

Luxu

Awards
So, perhaps a Chirithy could exist outside the RoS with a Player as a conduit, or for that matter, the Chirithy describes itself as being created by the MoM, no? Then perhaps the MoM acts in a similar manner somehow, who knows?

When you mention that, the Player's Chirithy is quite unique in a way. For whatever reason it gets payed attention to by the Player's Foreteller. And I doubt they walk around talking to every "Player's" Chirithy.

It also seems a lot more truth seeking, but they are made to contrast with their Player's personality.

Vaddix

Awards
Well, I mean. All worlds and realms are one doing Chi right? And all Chirithies are made an "odd" way, that being from the MoM himself not from actual dreams.

Um, we never are told they’re not made from actual dreams, just an implication that the MoM made them, and he maybe does so in a flask (it’s unclear if this is just metaphorical imagery or literal). Just look at DDD’s gameplay, we synthesize Dream Eaters. MoM could have done the same, tossing some dream pieces into a flask.

And you know what, I’m not sure we know that all the Realms are one, that is pretty unclear. The most we’ve gotten is that the previous world was almost swallowed by Darkness, and the tiny remnants became what we know as the Realm of Light; this does nothing to presuppose there was no Realm of Darkness already out there, simply that the RoL was...not the same as it is now.

And yes they are a trio, they have united

Er...sorry? I'm not quite sure where you're coming from here.

When you mention that, the Player's Chirithy is quite unique in a way. For whatever reason it gets payed attention to by the Player's Foreteller. And I doubt they walk around talking to every "Player's" Chirithy.

This is actually interesting. I wonder, if they do.

Luxu

Awards
Um, we never are told they’re not made from actual dreams, just an implication that the MoM made them, and he maybe does so in a flask (it’s unclear if this is just metaphorical imagery or literal). Just look at DDD’s gameplay, we synthesize Dream Eaters. MoM could have done the same, tossing some dream pieces into a flask.

Throw them into a blender, add some spice, some pepper, cook them to 360 C, and you make a Dream Eater (Please note, if cooked to long the Dream Eater becomes defective)

This is actually interesting. I wonder, if they do.

I wonder, if its made to be the Player's Foreteller's Chirithy. Considering they walked up with them, but they never mention it so.

Vaddix

Awards
(Please note, if cooked to long the Dream Eater becomes defective)

Are you saying this is why Nightmares generally have a darker color? They're well done? Good Dream Eaters are medium rare.

Yokes aside, if they are made by the MoM, but they're still connected to the Player, wouldn't that suggest that the MoM may have gotten close to each player, maybe not physically necessarily, to either attach Chirithy to them made from...his own dreams?.. or to extract the player's dreams in order to synth up their respective Chirithy? Hrm.

Luxu

Awards
(Please note, if cooked to long the Dream Eater becomes defective)[\QUOTE]

Are you saying this is why Nightmares generally have a darker color? They're well done? Good Dream Eaters are medium rare.

Yokes aside, if they are made by the MoM, but they're still connected to the Player, wouldn't that suggest that the MoM may have gotten close to each player, maybe not physically necessarily, to either attach Chirithy to them made from...his own dreams?.. or to extract the player's dreams in order to synth up their respective Chirithy? Hrm.

I mean the Player does have two, and MoM did watch Ephemera so I wouldn't be surprised if they watched the Player or all Players. But why give the Player two? Unless you sense something in them.

But yes, Nightmares are burnt. I once undercooked a Dream Eater, it was all squishy and dumb, whenever it walked it would lose form and I would have to repair it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm just so delighted.

I expected something boring involving Luxu and the Master, BUT NO - Maleficent is back and it's delicious

Luxu

Awards
I'm just so delighted.

I expected something boring involving Luxu and the Master, BUT NO - Maleficent is back and it's delicious

Maleficent also mentioned Sora and Co. so where is the Player is the mysterious part. And why does she assume that the Player is threat? And will we meet Sora?

Sorakh212

Awards
Not too much to go off of here and it presents us or at least me with more questions rather than answers. I highly anticipate seeing where things go next be it in Unchained X, 2.8, or hell even KH3 depending on where this is headed. Very fascinating stuff though that's for sure especially the bit with Maleficent there towards the end.

Luxu

Awards
Not too much to go off of here and it presents us or at least me with more questions rather than answers. I highly anticipate seeing where things go next be it in Unchained X, 2.8, or hell even KH3 depending on where this is headed. Very fascinating stuff though that's for sure especially the bit with Maleficent there towards the end.

I have a feeling the Dandelions ended else where, the Player might be in the events of KH1 or in the RoS. So Season 2 is going to be about finding Ephemera and Skuld and leaving the RoS. But I realized upon rewatching the video, it seems like the Player was going to say "I...died?" Or "I...fought in a war?". Nice to know our Player is going to be important in how events go now...

Hirokey123

Awards
Gonna chime in that it makes sense DE were able to appear in reality, their dreamer was still sleeping. I mean they were created from Sora's dreams, except Riku but he was transformed into one when he became bound to Sora's dreams. So it made sense that as long as Sora kept dreaming his dream eaters could be out and about in reality with all their powers intact. I mean that is basically what Riku said, but I don't think that works for the player. Chirthy is the player's dream eater so for it to exist in reality the player would need to be the one who is sleeping. But it's unlikely every union member is sleeping with their own chirithy...unless like this was the plan. Throw a bunch of wielders into sleep by making a full scale war that swallow them all into darkness and slumber, so they spawn dream eaters and then use them to do something in the dream world that they couldn't do in reality.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Could the anti black coat nightmare that Riku fights inside Sora's dream be Spirit Riku's nightmare? Because you could say as Chirithy is to the player, Riku is basically to Sora throughout KH3D. It would seem that every spirit has a nightmare equivalent, becsuse it's a manifestation of the darkness in one's heart.

The player defeated nightmare Chirithy, in which it remarked that the bond had been broken. I think this event led to the player awakening from whatever dream they were in. Also to note is the same soundtrack plays in the fight that played when fighting against anti black coat

Also recall how in the scene immediately before the fight, it zooms in Riku's spirit symbol on his back, then on the anti black coat's back it manifests a nightmare symbol, seemingly as a response.

When Riku defeats the anti black coat, Sora is almost able to wake from his first level of sleep. This is because he was also unchained from that dream. Just like the player in this instance.

This happens again also when Riku dives into Sora's sleeping heart. He defeats the nightmare captivating him which unchains him from the dream.

I think it's fairly apt to assume that the player wakes up from a dream about the keyblade war, as in, those final scenes were not actually occurring in reality, but within the player's dream. Which then leads me to believe that when Ephemera and Skuld aimed to be unchained, they meant being freed from being captive within the dream. Which they achieved and then waited for the player. Which is why we didn't see them again until the player awakened.

That's my theory anyway. Not sure why the player wakes up in the same era as Sora and co, maybe something to do with maleficent? *shrug*

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
The player defeated nightmare Chirithy, in which it remarked that the bond had been broken. I think this event led to the player awakening from whatever dream they were in. Also to note is the same soundtrack plays in the fight that played when fighting against anti black coat

The Player never awakened, the events in Chi (And most likely Unchained Chi) are taking place in reality. So they fought in the Keyblade War and all of that. Its hinted from this last update that, the Player is now in the Realm of Sleep or whatever Unchained is.

I think it's fairly apt to assume that the player wakes up from a dream about the keyblade war, as in, those final scenes were not actually occurring in reality, but within the player's dream. Which then leads me to believe that when Ephemera and Skuld aimed to be unchained, they meant being freed from being captive within the dream. Which they achieved and then waited for the player. Which is why we didn't see them again until the player awakened.

The Player most likely fought in the Keyblade War yes, Ephemera and Skuld are Unchained. And because of the Near Unchained state the Player was in, their appearance was most likely manifested by Kingdom Hearts and the Player's desire to unite with the Duo. So Kingdom Hearts might have helped the Player out more than me know.

That's my theory anyway. Not sure why the player wakes up in the same era as Sora and co, maybe something to do with maleficent? *shrug*

Because somehow the Player was dragged with Ephemera and Skuld to whatever world, somehow got torn apart again. And have to find one another. Daybreak Town Trio confirmed for KH3! Think about the use they would have! With them being the oldest Keyblade users currently alive, and the Player knows exactly why the war happened and they fought in it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Could the anti black coat nightmare that Riku fights inside Sora's dream be Spirit Riku's nightmare? Because you could say as Chirithy is to the player, Riku is basically to Sora throughout KH3D. It would seem that every spirit has a nightmare equivalent, becsuse it's a manifestation of the darkness in one's heart.

That's what I proposed this Nightmare is for years, lol, and being Riku's Nightmare counterpart is what its most likely intention is.

The Anti-Black Coat has not only a very Riku-esque battle style and fits height-wise, it also has the Nightmare Symbol at the exact same place as Riku has his Spirit Symbol.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Just read the new translations and I can only think of one thing.
Chirithy: If only we had wings, too, right?
What if we get customizable Keyblade Gliders? We already have the armor. Just a fun thought between all the serious theories.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
The Player never awakened, the events in Chi (And most likely Unchained Chi) are taking place in reality. So they fought in the Keyblade War and all of that.

I don't think so. Spirits and nightmares don't belong in the real world. Whatever was going on in X, which we won't truly know until a lot later, had to take place in the or some place influenced by the Realm of Sleep. There is no way what we were playing was occurring in real time. The secret ending implies that we are now in real time. Unless of course maleficent travelled back in time, but again I doubt that.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The secret ending implies that we are now in real time. Unless of course maleficent travelled back in time, but again I doubt that.
Wait, how is it more plausible that we traveled to the future? If anything, I think it's more plausible Maleficent traveled back in time.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't think so. Spirits and nightmares don't belong in the real world. Whatever was going on in X, which we won't truly know until a lot later, had to take place in the or some place influenced by the Realm of Sleep. There is no way what we were playing was occurring in real time. The secret ending implies that we are now in real time. Unless of course maleficent travelled back in time, but again I doubt that.

Chirithy is an exception to the Dream Eater rule because they were man made. They have had to exist in the real world in order to have been created by the Master of Masters in the first place. It wouldn't be a retcon for Chirithy's to exist in the real world.

Aerora

So, is guilting not going to be a thing anymore in Unchained Key S2? Story wise, it probably shouldn't be. But I really hope they wouldn't make us unable to use our guilted medals entirely.

Like, making new medals that show up in S2 impossible to guilt would be one thing (provided that enemies aren't so strong that you'd absolutely need to use guilt), but here's hoping they won't go more extreme than that.

Though tbh, I can't imagine them making any changes to the gameplay at all.

Who knows? Maybe Nightmare Chirithy will show up and there will be a story reason that you can't stop using guilted medals. Like, you're linked to him--or something--and in order to get stronger, he compels you to guilt/use guilted medals and you can't resist that pull even if you want to.
In retrospect, it's kind of hilarious that the player doesn't just rip off the bangle after that scene - you still do guilt damage in the fights after Nightmare Chirithy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back