• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Confrontation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Before cutting the discussion as to when Union Cross' story will end: take into consideration that Dark Road is tied to KHUx in terms of accessing the game. If anything, Ux will end alongside DR, meaning that Union could very well end during the last months of next year, seeing as how I don't think Dark Road will have that much of story content.

Honestly, I think the only reason why Dark Road is tied to the Union Cross application is because it keeps the existing UX playerbase as oppose to forming a new one with a new app. Dark Road was created because the UX developers wanted to work on another Kingdom Hearts project after UX, meaning, Union Cross is finally being finished.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The name of the program would probably change to Dark Road to reflect this transition.
Probably, but I doubt they'll close the service. They can just outright say that the story is over, but still offer minimal updates. KHUx could close services 2022, perhaps.

I think the only reason why Dark Road is tied to the Union Cross application is because it keeps the existing UX playerbase as oppose to forming a new one with a new app.
It is. But it also isn't an issue of creating a new player base, but also of making sure that existing players try the product.

Tobi

Awards
Reading all this stuff about Xehanort being also possessed by one of the Darkness beings reminded me about somehting in MoM (the game)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SweetYetSalty

Awards
One thing I've been thinking about recently. I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but in the KH2FM, Xigbar states he was scouting someone to join the Organization. Mar...something, he called him. Obviously that has to be Marluxia. Given who Xigbar is now, this gives that statement so much more meaning if he's been watching him this whole time, similar to his relationship with Ventus.

Even though KH3 said Xemnas recruited him, maybe it was Xigbar who informed him about Marluxia, while still watching him all this time. I hope they bring this up in the future.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Reading all this stuff about Xehanort being also possessed by one of the Darkness beings reminded me about somehting in MoM (the game)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

You make a good point, the illusion of Xehanort isn't really explained and we know Nomura loves his explainations or foreshadowing. The Xehanort saga is over so there's not really much purpose in keeping him relevant beyond Dark Road.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Darkness was using Terra during his Mark of Mastery exam so it'd be on brand.
Let's go! I want Darkness in on this story. So in addition to being half Terra and half old man Xehanort we got ourselves Darkness too. Can't forget Eraqus hiding in Terra's heart too. So that would bring us to 4 different beings inside whatever version of Xehanort. Too bad Apprentice Xehanort didn't have a split personality and have one of each version take over his body randomly at Radiant Garden, at different times of the day.

Back