• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Cornerstone of the World's Rebirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ephemer: We are in the real world's Daybreak Town. It was copied into the data world before the Keyblade War, along with various other worlds that were converted to data. The real world was destroyed due to the Keyblade War, and the worlds scattered. They're still connected in the data worldline, which is how we're able to visit them.
This is the first time we had anything on what a worldline is and I'm still confused. So "worldlines" is meant to mean other timelines?

AR829038

Awards
Could someone please clarify for me, what exactly is the narrative distinction between X, Unchained and Union Cross?

Wonder if the playable characters would be Ephemer and Skuld.
Kingdom Hearts X was the original web browser game that was only released in Japan. It tells the story of the events that led up to the Keyblade War.
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X was the first incarnation of the mobile phone game, and it is actually a SEQUEL disguised as a port of the original browser title. You see, after the Keyblade War, all the fallen Keyblade wielders and Dandelions got somehow put into the Unchained Realm, which is basically the Realm of Sleep from all we know about it, to relive all the events that led up to the Keyblade War, MINUS the actual battle itself. That way, all of their memories will be gradually erased and they will forget and be able to move on from the War. So, in Unchained X, you play as the same character from X, but reliving most of the events of X in a dream.
Kingdom Hearts Union X acts as the "second season," as Nomura puts it, of Unchained X. So, at this point, it is still unclear where the distinction between the Unchained Realm and the Data realm is drawn—it could even be that the Unchained realm actually is the data realm instead of the Realm of Sleep as everyone has taken it to understand (don't quote me on this, I'm not completely sure). But basically, Union X follows all of the events after the player and other Keyblade wielders have successfully had their memories of the War undone in Unchained X, and now follows the events afterward having to do with the new Union leaders, the mystery surrounding Strelitzia's murder (which was not introduced until Union X), and the inexplicable appearance of the Game Central Station linking to the data Daybreak Town.
It's ridiculously confusing, but here it is more simply:
Kingdom Hearts X – Keyblade War
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X – Sequel to X, revision of the War
Kingdom Hearts Union X – Sequel to Unchained X, mystery of the data Daybreak Town
The explanation of these connections is VERY poorly handled in the actual games, and is only made more confusing by the egregiously long waits we have to endure between relevant story updates. So, you're not alone in not knowing what the hell is going on with this saga. It really is the writers' fault for telling the story so badly.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I wouldn't say it's the writer's fault. It's more the fault of the medium. Cell phone games aren't exactly built to tell these kinds of stories and even then, SE probably knows that most people are here for the storyline and not exactly the mechanics or the cosmetics though sometimes those can sweeten the pot. So it's probably an executive decision to drip-feed the story and not all the writing's fault. Though that doesn't mean that the writer is blameless, just that it's probably not only him.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'm just wondering since the "5 years ago" title card was so specific, could the whole χ-saga operate on the real (our) timeline?
In-game that 5 years ago was an unspecific day after Ava got her role. Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] officially started on July 18, 2013 which was over six year ago. Five years ago, after the first browser anniversary, the current story quest was Olympus Coliseum while the latest main story quest was the defeat of some of those other player(s) against the Heartless leading to the "death" of this other Chirithy.

kristi-swat

Awards
Kingdom Hearts X was the original web browser game that was only released in Japan. It tells the story of the events that led up to the Keyblade War.
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X was the first incarnation of the mobile phone game, and it is actually a SEQUEL disguised as a port of the original browser title. You see, after the Keyblade War, all the fallen Keyblade wielders and Dandelions got somehow put into the Unchained Realm, which is basically the Realm of Sleep from all we know about it, to relive all the events that led up to the Keyblade War, MINUS the actual battle itself. That way, all of their memories will be gradually erased and they will forget and be able to move on from the War. So, in Unchained X, you play as the same character from X, but reliving most of the events of X in a dream.
Kingdom Hearts Union X acts as the "second season," as Nomura puts it, of Unchained X. So, at this point, it is still unclear where the distinction between the Unchained Realm and the Data realm is drawn—it could even be that the Unchained realm actually is the data realm instead of the Realm of Sleep as everyone has taken it to understand (don't quote me on this, I'm not completely sure). But basically, Union X follows all of the events after the player and other Keyblade wielders have successfully had their memories of the War undone in Unchained X, and now follows the events afterward having to do with the new Union leaders, the mystery surrounding Strelitzia's murder (which was not introduced until Union X), and the inexplicable appearance of the Game Central Station linking to the data Daybreak Town.
It's ridiculously confusing, but here it is more simply:
Kingdom Hearts X – Keyblade War
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X – Sequel to X, revision of the War
Kingdom Hearts Union X – Sequel to Unchained X, mystery of the data Daybreak Town
The explanation of these connections is VERY poorly handled in the actual games, and is only made more confusing by the egregiously long waits we have to endure between relevant story updates. So, you're not alone in not knowing what the hell is going on with this saga. It really is the writers' fault for telling the story so badly.
I agree with your explanation. And to me it seems that unchained is the data world itself...it's like both dream and data at the same time. But I had the impression that to be in the dream world , well your body has to be sleeping somewhere in the real world right? like Sora and Riku do in DDD...so they have made a confusion between dream and data unfortunately

I'm just wondering since the "5 years ago" title card was so specific, could the whole χ-saga operate on the real (our) timeline?
In-game that 5 years ago was an unspecific day after Ava got her role. Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] officially started on July 18, 2013 which was over six year ago. Five years ago, after the first browser anniversary, the current story quest was Olympus Coliseum while the latest main story quest was the defeat of some of those other player(s) against the Heartless leading to the "death" of this other Chirithy.
It can also be in game time. Like the past 3 years there has been some summer event where the players go for a few quests in the beach, so it's not unlikely that many years have passed in the game too, even though judging by main story cutscenes events seem to happen in a day's time

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Probably not.
When Strelitzia was introduced, she mentioned that it had been about two years since the events of χ[chi] began, and her introduction chronologically is shortly before the climax of χ[chi] and the Keyblade War.
At that point, there's a timeskip of a few months, so let's call the whole χ[chi] narrative 2.5 years for simplicity.
I think it's fair to say the events of Union χ[Cross] have not spanned a long period, maybe a couple weeks at best so far.
So 5 years ago is about 2.5-3 years prior to the beginning of χ[chi]

I think all it is is trying to more clearly establish a timeline of events, since the χ narrative has been delivered in such a nonlinear and fragmented fashion.

Awards
Probably not.
When Strelitzia was introduced, she mentioned that it had been about two years since the events of χ[chi] began, and her introduction chronologically is shortly before the climax of χ[chi] and the Keyblade War.
At that point, there's a timeskip of a few months, so let's call the whole χ[chi] narrative 2.5 years for simplicity.
I think it's fair to say the events of Union χ[Cross] have not spanned a long period, maybe a couple weeks at best so far.
So 5 years ago is about 2.5-3 years prior to the beginning of χ[chi]

I think all it is is trying to more clearly establish a timeline of events, since the χ narrative has been delivered in such a nonlinear and fragmented fashion.
So could this possibly mean the flashback is before the Foretellers were established?

no wait, MoM already gave them their roles judging by the dialogue

Last edited:

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I agree with your explanation. And to me it seems that unchained is the data world itself...it's like both dream and data at the same time. But I had the impression that to be in the dream world , well your body has to be sleeping somewhere in the real world right? like Sora and Riku do in DDD...so they have made a confusion between dream and data unfortunately

Speaking of DDD, UX wouldn't be the first example of a data world that bled over into a dream world (The Grid)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is the first time we had anything on what a worldline is and I'm still confused. So "worldlines" is meant to mean other timelines?

Personally, I think it's just another way to phrase alternate reality in Kingdom Hearts. I mean, the description of worldlines seems to fit with what is considered as an alternate reality.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sooo... has anyone noticed that the MoM refers to the darkness as some sort of sentient entity? I'm starting to think that the fellow member that said that the plot will revolve into an ancient evil is going to happen, witht he darkness being that ancient evil.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, ended up Nomura was referring to the updates over the next four months, so October-January.
Oh, goodie... So we should expect the next update by the same time? Maybe they're also panning for the sake of Re:MIND

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, goodie... So we should expect the next update by the same time? Maybe they're also panning for the sake of Re:MIND

That's what I'm thinking, one update each month as usual, with the final one corresponding to Re:Mind's release in January.

They delayed the update from this past January to release on the same day as the KH3 secret ending patch. Granted, it ended up being more relevant to the secret reports, but it stands to reason they would consider pulling this stunt again.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's what I'm thinking, one update each month as usual, with the final one corresponding to Re:Mind's release in January.

They delayed the update from this past January to release on the same day as the KH3 secret ending patch. Granted, it ended up being more relevant to the secret reports, but it stands to reason they would consider pulling this stunt again.
Yep, so this means that Re:MIND will most certainly release within that timetable.

Eonstar890

Awards

This is the first time I have seen someone mentioning Re:Mind releasing in January. Do you have a source on this or is that a hypothetical release frame? Sorry if this seems off topic.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is the first time I have seen someone mentioning Re:Mind releasing in January. Do you have a source on this or is that a hypothetical release frame? Sorry if this seems off topic.

Just an assumption, hence "that's what I'm thinking." Sorry if it was misleading!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'd say it's a very safe bet that ReMIND will release in January 2020 though. Not only is it one year since the release of KH3, but it corresponds to the new KHUX story updates as previously mentioned. Given that Nomura seems to want KHUX to intertwine with the console games, it makes a lot of sense to assume a late January release for ReMIND, probably like January 28th or so.

Awards
I'd say it's a very safe bet that ReMIND will release in January 2020 though. Not only is it one year since the release of KH3, but it corresponds to the new KHUX story updates as previously mentioned. Given that Nomura seems to want KHUX to intertwine with the console games, it makes a lot of sense to assume a late January release for ReMIND, probably like January 28th or so.
I can't believe that we're still speculating about KH3 release dates.

Just like old times...I guess.

Back