• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Darkness Makes a Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
That said, it wouldn't surprise me that the Keyblade was originally a weapon developed by the Darkness in order to control the Light, easy navigate through it and what the MoM did was modify the Keyblade to fight Darkness, and without realizing it, generations of Keyblade Wielders and Masters have been using a weapon that was originally intent to destroy the light.

I think I read somewhere that the Keyblades were for fighting over the light, and after the World fell, to protect the light.

About Darkness being a force of nature,

I guess my problem with "Darkness is literally darkness itself" is that I still believe the idea that darkness and light are just forces. Darkness is a really dangerous force, so it's usually used by people who are reckless or let themselves lose out to it, and thus why the antagonists use it. But I don't know if I can like Kingdom Hearts if it comes down to "darkness is literally evil and light is literally good". But I do agree the Darkness characters are the "monsters" from his past that MoM spoke about (as I've guessed in my thread about the unversed symbol).

like King Mickey and Riku said, either can’t exist without the other, so it makes one wonder why it’s to be feared. Riku answered it’s because of what’s lurking inside it. By itself, without sentience, darkness has proven itself a benevolent utility, such as Kingdom Key D, resurrection (though this was sadly applied only to villains so far), synthesis materials, abilities like Dark Firaga and others. I would suggest Guilt, but it’s subversive and hinted to actually be harmful, and might be the reason player have a dark Chirithy.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Looking at the conversations between the MoM and Luxu, plus Luxu's conversation with Ava, I think the MoM planned for the world to end and the traitor, as part of his plan to defeat the darkness. He said to Luxu that to defeat the darkness 'we will end the world' and thereby 'discard' time and the borders of the world.

It would make you wonder who or what the traitor is. Going off Back Cover, every Foreteller seems just as lost as the other except for Luxu, but he wasn't present and accounted for during the whole debacle. So it can't be Luxu who's the traitor (obviously). And the MoM caused the discord in the first place, but I don't think he's the traitor either.

Unless one of the Fortellers were a double agent, the traitor may actually be none of them (or all of them) -- it's just whoever Darkness latched onto at the time. Maybe. Idunno. Given how things look, UX wants you to be suspicious of Ava and it kinda lines up that way, but it being Darkness itself somehow latching onto people undetected makes sense. In BC, they did touch on how they found a Dark Chirithy snooping around the tower.

Apparently in UX, that was our Chirithy, but it doesn't make sense because Player never really showed signs of succumbing to darkness. That Dark Chirithy probably was Darkness itself, latching onto people with the host none-the-wiser, and that's how it was able to get information about the Tower, the pods and everything else. Either that, or the traitor is actually someone we know. Hard to say.

It’s as you say, it’s most likely a War of Attrition. Honestly, what I want to understand is his motive. Why is he dealing in absolutes like Eraqus, forcing a plan that would eradicate the Darkness rather than accepting it as a coexistence with the Light? Did he suffer some sort of trauma? Was it dogmatic influence? Hypnosis?

The BoP is powerful alright, even into the current age it can bring about leftover projections on the worlds’ reconstruction, long after the first war ended and fractured the original World. In that case, the question turns from why didn’t he do it to why he did. If he didn’t write the book and mislead his apprentices, didn’t give tacit approval to the formation of unions, didn’t force Luxu to pass on No Name through the ages, none of it would’ve happened. The answer to that is that in any other worldline where the war didn’t occur, something disastrous still happens. It was a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. It brings about another question, was the War a necessity in comparison to the disaster that fell on the worldline where it didn’t happen?

With an eye like that though, the Master is definitely something not human, or at least, ordinarily human.

If you've been fighting a war all your life against one enemy and you've seen what it's done to your friends, loved ones and comrades... You're probably not going to want to Talk-no-Jutsu your enemies at this point, because too much has been lost, and that's something you try in the beginning -- not when you're losing, the opposition has no reason to listen to the losing party. So the MoM acting in absolutes is probably for that reason, the other options have been long since exhausted and the threat is THAT bad. It's so hard to say though because we know nothing about who the Master is or what his past is like.

In terms of preventing a war in an alternate worldline, maybe the Master was aware. He's probably thinking of how bad the war between Light and Dark is, so any other circumstances that happen in a worldline where it doesn't happen surely can be resolved with easier methods. Or, hopping worldlines is just another method of him buying time so his ultimate solution is ready in time for it to be used. Since he has the BoP, the MoM theoretically had to be aware of pretty much everything relevant up until KH3's Keyblade Graveyard when the Guardians ended up getting killed by the Heartless Tornado. After Sora used the Power of Waking, he rewrote time.

But, Xigbar doesn't seem phased by any of this, so he probably knew that everything was still going according to plan. As long as he ended up getting No Name back, it doesn't look like any major plans changed. So even though Sora overwrote time, it's possible the Master knew about that too. And if THAT'S the case... This guy is somehow seeing multiple Worldlines, because the Guardians falling should've been it. That's power of a God, or some other supernatural force, so it's clear he isn't human.

Although. It's said that Kingdom Hearts can grant untold power, and that's what Xehanort was after. If the Master of Masters was one of the first wielders and somehow was able to use the power of Kingdom Hearts... Maybe that's why he can do these kinds of things like create Keyblades on the spot for people and create Dream Eaters.

I think Darkness is a natural force of nature. Pureblood Heartless are a natural evolution of Darkness in the sense that they're primitive beings that are wild. While the Seekers of Darkness, or the Darknesses, are the more evolved species of Darkness.

You know it's not often remembered, but this would be the exact case of how Nobodies have a hierarchy. Remember how in KH2, Axel said he didn't want to be turned into a Dusk for failing to bring back Roxas? It was also said in KH2 (pretty sure) that generally people with especially strong hearts tend to leave a Nobody behind. But not every Nobody has a humanoid appearance, it's usually those with the strongest wills/hearts that end up retaining their human form. The Humanoid Nobody form seems to be the highest on the rank in terms of how the Nobody species works.

So, who's to say Darkness doesn't have an equivalent? Ansem retained his form, but he had Riku. Even before that though, he had his cloak and sentience, which almost never happens. Sora is the only other known case, and that's because of Kairi's Princess of Heart magic (which she didn't even know how to do, it just happened to restore Sora to his human form).

Speaking of Riku, we never got an explanation for the Dark Suit and why Vanitas's suit looks exactly the same minus the color scheme. Xehanort's Vessels/Replicas in Scala ad Caelum kinda look similar to Vanitas in terms of the color scheme and the metal helmets. They can't be the replicas that Vexen made, because we see how it looks when Roxas takes over a Replica body. So where did those things even come from, and why did it become Xehanort's new armor when he has a Keyblade Armor already? I'm thinking Vanitas's appearance, along with whatever the hell those things were... Might be what this "Darkness" group looks like probably. Riku being possessed, his form turned into what we know as Dark Riku.

Vanitas is literally the darkness from Ven's heart. And seeing as how Vanitas is the only one to have control over the Unversed (he's the source of them)... Maybe the Unversed are a part of what Darkness is. Related, but different. Hmm.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Eraqus was quite literally bathed in Light with no hint of Darkness in him and was still a tragic hero-turned-villain in BBS for both Ventus and Terra's routes.

“The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.”

“Fear leads to obsession with power, and obsession beckons the Darkness."

“My own heart is darkness.” That’s the last thing he says, in his moment of realization.

Eraqus had darkness in him. That’s the irony of his tragedy. He was dogmatic and confrontational against the darkness that it bore itself within him.
Eraqus is like the prequel Jedi. Guardians who swore themselves to good and light, that ironically become hypocrites and servants of darkness.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
(Wall of Text)
The reports written by Luxu state that “peace is but a dream” even in a worldline where the war didn’t occur, so you’re right about that. If Luxu knew that, it’s implied the Master knew too. The question has forked in a different direction, in this case “what was the disaster that occurred in the worldlines where the Keyblade War didn’t happen?” which in turn circles back to the second question of was forcing the war to come to fruition a favorable alternative compared to said disaster. If it wasn’t, then what was his motive? It’s implied from some scenes in χ that in certain different worldlines, a different kind of darkness was lurking about, although just as dangerous. Ephemer seemed particularly wary of this, as are some others, though I don’t remember who they are.

However, I have to wonder that for the Master to use innumerable child soldiers (and probably some adult ones we don’t see) on such a large-scale conflict that literally ended the World…what is the next phase of his plan if Darkness could survive even this?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Darkness' saying "us" can refer to the darkness in Ven (IE Vanitas) or Darkness is some sort of species or sentient collective of dark energy.

There must be a difference between a heartless and a being of pure darkness. Ansem: Seeker of Darkness is the only humanoid heartless that we've seen and he was created from the most darkness affiliated character that we know. Vanitas is half of Ven and is only the darkness in him, and the result was humanoid NOT a heartless.

Maybe when darkness is THAT immense, it becomes sentient (like Ansem) and retains a humanoid form. It doesn't explain Darkness' energy form, but maybe it's because he is bound to Ven at the moment and needs to be released?

I'm hoping that Dark Road explores the method Master Xehanort used to split Ven/Vanitas. It may have something to do with "Darkness".

Foxycian

Awards
Would be a hilarious yet shocking twist and mind blowing if it turned out that we (the player) are darkness, we already have a nightmare chirithy, either we are darkness or darkness is part of us the player, that’s just my theory.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Would be a hilarious yet shocking twist and mind blowing if it turned out that we (the player) are darkness, we already have a nightmare chirithy, either we are darkness or darkness is part of us the player, that’s just my theory.
That could also explain the gender of the Player being male/female.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Somebody's played Nier.

cakito123

Awards
“The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.”

“Fear leads to obsession with power, and obsession beckons the Darkness."

“My own heart is darkness.” That’s the last thing he says, in his moment of realization.

Eraqus had darkness in him. That’s the irony of his tragedy. He was dogmatic and confrontational against the darkness that it bore itself within him.
Eraqus is like the prequel Jedi. Guardians who swore themselves to good and light, that ironically become hypocrites and servants of darkness.

False Lights? Like the MoM mentioned to Young Xehanort in ReMind.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So much for a late October update...

Yep, they confirmed early November in the stream today. Glacie didn't tease it like she usually does when it's early so I wonder if we can even expect it next week or if we have to wait until the following.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm guessing, delays will become more common for a bit, with the second wave of corona having arrived in many countries.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Wanna know what’s more annoying? We’re updating a lot of medals just when most players probably cleaned up and sold off their Tier 8 and below medals.

We’re finally getting the princess medals but there’s no Illus. Naminé in sight! She’s literally the only III box cover character without a medal yet.

Not to mention how much of a nightmare it is to farm keyblade upgrade materials without VIP.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm guessing, delays will become more common for a bit, with the second wave of corona having arrived in many countries.

Yeah, we've basically reverted to March-April in a lot of ways regarding the outbreak, and with the holidays being around the corner... It's going to be pretty hectic. So delays are most likely going to occur.

I think a factor is also Melody of Memory coming out, and the next updates maybe being based around that.

Back