• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Darkness Makes a Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X has added 5 main quests (No.961~965) and 5 Proud Mode quests (No.956~960). 

Additionally, the QoL update that enables players to max out skill levels with a single battle has been implemented.

Watch the new cutscenes below, translations thanks to goldpanner!

(King Candy’s image appears on a blimp flying over the racetrack.)

King Candy: My sweet subjects, I can without a pinch of hesitation assure you that I have never been so happy in all my life to say the following words: Let the Random Roster Race commence!

(The racers take off. Vanellope and the gang finally arrive at the track.)

Ralph: Remember, you don't have to win! Just cross that finish line, and you'll be a real racer.

Vanellope: I'm already a real racer, and I'm gonna win!

(They jump off and let Vanellope do her thing.)

Ralph: Okay, kid, let's finish this thing without any more surprises.

(Calhoun arrives, and gives Ralph a strong punch to the face, knocking him to the ground.)

Calhoun: Hope you're happy, junk pile. This game is going down, and it's all your fault.

(Felix is thrilled to see her.)

Felix: My lady? You came back.

Calhoun: Can it, Fix-it.

(Player approaches to greet her, but Calhoun ain't dealing with them either.)

Calhoun: That goes for you too.

(She turns her attention back to Ralph.)

Calhoun: That cy-bug you brought with you, multiplied.

Ralph: No, it died in the taffy swamp.

(An explosion sounds in the distance as countless cy-bugs emerge from the ground.)

Calhoun: Bull. Roar.

(She grabs her gun and starts working through them.)

Calhoun: Lend me a hand here, we'll hold them back!

(Player and Ralph nod. Felix is uncertain.)

Calhoun: You go lead the evacuation.

(He nods and runs off. Player and Ralph take on the cy-bugs with Calhoun.)

(Player, Ralph and Calhoun defeat some Cy-Bugs and Ralph goes to check on the Vanellope's progress. However, another Cy-Bug shows up; the one that consumed a Darkling.)

Calhoun: That's the same one from before! So there were more of them.

(They manage to defeat it with their combined efforts.)

(Brain, Ephemer and Skuld continue to discuss the Strelitzia situation.)

Skuld: Darkness…

If it's lurking around here, then that means it hasn't gone on the offensive. What could it be planning?

Ephemer: Maybe it's learning about us, and waiting for an opportunity?

Brain: This being the work of darkness is only a guess, but after hearing what Ventus had to say, it's all I can come up with.

If it has been lurking, I think the fact that we can recognize it now means that it's started to make open moves.

Ephemer: In other words, it could strike at any moment.

Brain: Yeah. There's a chance it already got Strelitzia.

Skuld: You mean, it killed her? But why?

Brain: I don't know what its motive was, but—

(Suddenly, the door opens.)

???: ...What did you just say?

(Lauriam limps in and falls over. Skuld rushes to catch him as the others make their way over.)

Skuld: Lauriam…!

Ephemer: What happened? 

Lauriam: Who cares about that right now. You just said Strelitzia has been killed.

(He slowly makes his way over to Brain.)

Brain: ...

(Brain doesn't answer. Lauriam loses his temper and grabs him.)

Lauriam: Tell me what's happened to her, Brain!

(Ephemer rushes over to try and stop them.)

Ephemer: Now hold on!

(Lauriam knocks Ephemer away, hard. Skuld hurries over to him.)

Lauriam: Stay out of this!!

Skuld: Ephemer!

Brain: So that's it, huh…

My suspicions have been confirmed.

Lauriam: What are you talking about?

Brain: This was the darkness's motive...

Anxiety… Fear… Suspicion… Rage...

To throw our hearts into disarray, and sever the connections between us...

(Skuld runs over to separate them.)

Skuld: You have to stop, Lauriam!!

(The boys fall over.)

Lauriam: I don't understand...

Skuld: Lauriam, just calm down and listen...

Lauriam: Strelitzia...

I don't...

(They gather round and try to comfort him. In that moment, Ven walks in.)

Ven: I...

I killed her.

Skuld: Ven! What are you saying!

Lauriam: Ven, what are you saying?

(Lauriam struggles to his feet. Ven starts to cry.)

Ven: Lauriam… It was me. I'm the one who killed your sister...

Ephemer: Stop it, Ven!

Skuld: That's not true!

(Lauriam makes his way over to Ven.)

Lauriam: Ven... What did you do to Strelitzia...

(He grabs Ven, who clutches his head.)

Skuld: Ven!

Ven: Hng...

(Ephemer tries to stop them.)

Ephemer: Lauriam, don't.

Lauriam: Ven… Say something...

Ven: Hng...

(Brain rushes over.)

Brain: Laurium, stop! This isn't you.

(A shadow falls on Lauriam's face.)

Lauriam: Stay out of my way...

Answer me, Ventus!!

(He summons his Keyblade and tries to strike Ven, but Ephemer quickly blocks the attack. Ven falls over, screaming.)

Ven: Aaaagh!!

(Ephemer pushes Lauriam back.)

Ven: ...not...

...'s not...

It's not me!!

(Powerful darkness emerges from Ven. He collapses, revealing a figure in the shadows.)

Ephemer: What??

Skuld: A monster!?

Lauriam: What is this!?

(Brain crosses his arms, unphased by what's just unfolded.)

Brain: So... you're Darkness.

Darkness: You're finally aware.

Of us, that is.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Go, pinky! Mow his ass to the ground! Show no mercy! Finish him!

Seriously though, I'm glad the main quests are becoming relevant again, even if updating them takes forever.

yuyayuzu

Awards
hmm, still need next month it seems
okay, blaine speculated what darkness wants is to spread fear, anger and elements that will make their bonds fall apart and ven said he is the one that killed strelitizia though in the end there is someone saying thats not it and darkness appears
How long will this drag on?

Katsagu

Awards
OMG what a tease! Excited to see those translations.

I just want these updates to come faster, I can't keep waiting a month between cutscenes.

the red monster

Awards
The tease at the end.. classic lol
waiting till next month is gonna be painful.
lauriam punching (?) ephemer was pretty hailarious

yuyayuzu

Awards
I wonder what the translations are, if the music for this scene wasn't tearful enough, I'm not ready for the translations at all.
just rough translation for the last part
ven comes in and say that he is the one killed strelitizia while ephemer and skuld says its not
lauriam then demands answer from ventus
ven faints and darkness appears
blaine said so you are darkness
darkness said you have finally grasped what us is

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Speaking of the music, what was the first track again?
The second one is obviously Ven's theme, but right now I can't recall the first one.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Speaking of the music, what was the first track again?
The second one is obviously Ven's theme, but right now I can't recall the first one.
That's "Scent of Silence" from the CoM soundtrack.

Things are certainly getting interesting with the main story, and I'm eager to see the translated scene. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get here.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
in b4 ppl calling Lauriam OOC bc he was the chill one of his duo with Larxene.

Dude, he has been consistently shown to GREATLY care about Strelitzia,he already lost his shit once when he storms that warehouse,are you seriously expecting someone who is currently desperate for some news of his lost loved person wouldn't act violently to the idea of her killed?

LoneFox

Awards
First, silly Lauriam! You are not supposed to hit Ephemer, but to hit on him!

Second, and more seriously, the Darkness we have seen so far is still messing with Maleficent. This means there are (at least) two of them. Now, who the second one is and how does this fit into the big picture?

Third, this looks like setup for a bossfight. The Player will return just in time to turn the tide...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Second, and more seriously, the Darkness we have seen so far is still messing with Maleficent. This means there are (at least) two of them. Now, who the second one is and how does this fit into the big picture?
Yeah I was thinking the same unless it can teleport directly into Ven's room to have possessed him again, it seems like we might be dealing with more than just one Darkness. Or maybe a being that can be in to places at once?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's "Scent of Silence" from the CoM soundtrack.

Things are certainly getting interesting with the main story, and I'm eager to see the translated scene. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get here.

Ah ,thanks.

The pacing of UX was and is the most atrocious I've ever seen in a KH game so far. Even Browser Chi was (marginally) better.

Gonna be a bit longer for videos but I've added translations to the OP, thanks to goldpanner as always!
Yay, that was fast.
Many thanks.

in b4 ppl calling Lauriam OOC bc he was the chill one of his duo with Larxene.

Dude, he has been consistently shown to GREATLY care about Strelitzia,he already lost his shit once when he storms that warehouse,are you seriously expecting someone who is currently desperate for some news of his lost loved person wouldn't act violently to the idea of her killed?
Imho everyone reacts naturally and understandable here from what we already know of their personalities.

Lauriam is in desperation and great emotional pain, you can see that despite the chibi art style. The way he first approaches Ven is also telling in that he only wants an explanation and is at first disbelieving at Ven's statements, still calling him by his nickname. It's only when he still gets no info at all that he starts getting more aggressive and calls Ven by his full name but it is all desperation, not malice or hate.
Skuld and Ephemer too react completely in character trying to defuse and deescalate the situation. Knowing both Lauriam and Ven are not in their right mind at the moment Ephemer does the only viable thing and gets between them.

Again, I have to tip my hat at the new Union Leaders handling a bad and stressful situation much better than the Foretellers.

Even Brain going on mostly in a calm manner and confronting Darkness with a smug "so there you finally are!"-approach is in character as is Ven despairing and blaming himself despite there being more to the whole issue.

First, silly Lauriam! You are not supposed to hit Ephemer, but to hit on him!

Third, this looks like setup for a bossfight. The Player will return just in time to turn the tide...
Lol, I'd say he's right now totally not in the mood for flirting.

As for multiple "Darkness" figures being around, who's going along with the bet that there are exactly 13 of them?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
As excited as I am for the cinnamon roll finally getting his head bashed in (or stabbed to the heart, whichever’s good), did the Darkness certainly actually use “we/us”?

Because that opens a whole new can of worms, and I want to be certain since Japanese speech is notorious for its severe lack of self-efficacy.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As excited as I am for the cinnamon roll finally getting his head bashed in (or stabbed to the heart, whichever’s good), did the Darkness certainly actually use “we/us”?

Because that opens a whole new can of worms, and I want to be certain since Japanese speech is notorious for its severe lack of self-efficacy.

我々 is the language they used, I believe this is the first time they referred to themselves as such.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
Lol Player getting cut off before they can say any lines

Back