• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Darkness Makes a Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
我々 is the language they used, I believe this is the first time they referred to themselves as such.
That’s plural efficacy alright. It uses the old form of “we” too.

I hate how the updates are this small since they switched from 15 to 5.

LoneFox

Awards
Imho everyone reacts naturally and understandable here from what we already know of their personalities.

Lauriam is in desperation and great emotional pain, you can see that despite the chibi art style. The way he first approaches Ven is also telling in that he only wants an explanation and is at first disbelieving at Ven's statements, still calling him by his nickname. It's only when he still gets no info at all that he starts getting more aggressive and calls Ven by his full name but it is all desperation, not malice or hate.
QFT. In fact, I think Lauriam is more in character here than he has been in the whole story so far. As I said, him hitting Ephemer does feel wrong, but that is based more on my headcanon than on anything we have seen on screen.

As for multiple "Darkness" figures being around, who's going along with the bet that there are exactly 13 of them?
I'm quite worried about this possibility, because it would almost automatically mean that the story, or at least the murder mystery and its solution part of it, is poorly written and bad. It was supposed to be about MoM's unneeded secrecy and the foretellers' stupidity, not some unknown third party.

Eonstar890

Awards
Ugh will Brain ever summon his keyblade?! I am beginning to think he's not even an actual wielder. Everyone else pulled up against darkness and Brain is sitting there arms crossed all chill like "so you're darkness how nice to finally meet you".

Also just seeing all five together again was amazing when was the last time they were all in the same room lol. Sparks were flying in this update. Beginning to feel like Darkness is some sort of god. The they refer to themselves as us and seem to have so much knowledge and live for so long, maybe it and the MoM are something more than human after all.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Really good. I love how they had Lauriam inching towards people before he grabs them. It was so creepy, it ReMinded me this is the man who will eventually become Marluxia and that's good. Everyone reacted well. Seeing Emphemer and Lauriam cross blades even if briefly was intense. And finally Darkness coming out making itself known.

As said above, the Union Leaders seem to have better heads on their shoulders then the Foretellers. Can't wait to see what happens next.

AR829038

Awards
God, this story would have been done so much more justice in a real game. *sigh*...

Anyway, I've got two theories as to that last little "we/us" reveal:
1) So, I've been saying for a while that I believe the entity we call "Darkness" is not actually a singular entity, but the sentient embodiment of the darkness in EVERYONE's hearts, not just Ventus', and that, for whatever reason, that darkness is able to acquire sentience in this world though not in the future worlds of the main series.
2) It's possible, like someone else in this thread suggested, that there may be 13 of these Darkness entities, and that these 13 would be the 13 shards of darkness correspondent to the seven Princesses of Heart that were created after the breaking of the X-Blade following the initial Keyblade War. The timing is perfect for it, and unlike the Princesses, we've never gotten an explanation as to whatever happened to the 13 shards of darkness. These guys might finally be our answer.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ugh will Brain ever summon his keyblade?! I am beginning to think he's not even an actual wielder. Everyone else pulled up against darkness and Brain is sitting there arms crossed all chill like "so you're darkness how nice to finally meet you".

I'm almost positive that Brain's Keyblade is the Master's Defender (or a primitive version of it) and it'll be used to reveal that Brain is in fact Eraqus's ancestor.

OneDandelion

Awards
I guess some people are upset that there are multiple versions of darkness now. I don't really understand the hate, it doesn't really change anything. I will say though that this development sort of undermines what the master implied in back cover - which was that they lived in a world without darkness and that when someone falls to darkness the culprit's chirithy would change it's appearance. This new development and some other vids with MoM talking with Luxu instead implies that darkness had existed there all along, which would mean the Master deliberately mislead the union leaders.

Not that it wasn't already obvious, but it's just more evidence that he wanted to expedite the war.

Now given this somewhat new development between Ven and Laurium, the question must be asked: why did the master of masters suggest placing brother and sister as dandelion leaders given their close connection? Obviously because of this connection, if something happened to one or the other it would cause negative feelings to emerge, so it can only be that the MoM expected this to happen. Strelitzia was obvious bait for Darkness. And that would mean he expected Strelitzia to die and for a replacement to be named by Darkness. Assuming this is true, we can also assume he picked Ava knowing that she would choose a "virus" to be placed among the dandelion leaders, and we can know this because he had told Ava that her job was to preserve the light by taking the dandelions to another world despite knowing they would be infiltrated by darkness.

As convoluted as it is, it also explains why the dandelion leaders weren't made aware of each other prior to the keyblade war. The only explanation is that the MoM wanted Darkness' vessel and the virus chosen by Ava to both have legitimacy among the leaders. Otherwise, all of this suspicion would have been avoided had the dandelion leaders met beforehand.

Foxycian

Awards
Vanitas is ventus’s darkness but I Believe his not truly The darkness like many claim but just a fragment of darkness.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think it makes sense that Darkness isn't just one individual. Something that can be lurking everywhere and in everything isn't a singular person. It also goes back to what MoM said to Luxu about the darkness in the war he fought in, being monsters with a human form. Well, here they are.

Also I want to give an extra shoutout to goldpanner. 2 years ago, when Darkness was first introduced, she opted to use plural pronouns for them as a precaution since we lacked context and the dialogue was too vague. Now we know that was the right call. GP is the best <3

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I know this might be a way off, but if one of the Darkness' has been in Ventus the whole time, could it possibly play a role in why Xehanort finds and recruits Ventus? Yeah, you can say it would be a retcon, but that's common with the series. What if in addition to splitting Ven to forge the X-Blade, Darkness was trying to free itself from Ventus, only to form Vanitas. Isn't the KH3 Vanitas time traveled from the past, meaning current day Vanitas is still in Ven? This is all assuming Vanitas is part of Darkness, and it would be hard to debate why he wouldn't be.

the red monster

Awards
"us"
Maybe darkness is literally dark inferno since ReMind really hinted on it. we know there's multiple of them.
unless i'm not remembering something that confirms it's not.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
QFT. In fact, I think Lauriam is more in character here than he has been in the whole story so far. As I said, him hitting Ephemer does feel wrong, but that is based more on my headcanon than on anything we have seen on screen.
It is an exceptional situation either way. Lauriam hitting/attacking Ephemer, Brain and Ven is technically all wrong when taken as actions by themselves, but given the circumstances they're understandable to a degree and, I think, forgivable.
Also when looking at the fact that both Skuld and Ephemer intervene before any damage that possibly can't be remedied is done.

Brain also lives up to his name again by immediately deducing that "Darkness" wants them to quarrel and strike against each other.
Classical divide-and-conquer strategy and by now I am almost sure "Darkness" also had a hand in making the quarrels among the Foretellers worse somehow.
Ven blaming himself despite not actually being the murderer, heck not even lifting a hand, is also so painfully in-character. I'm just waiting now for a re-enactment of the first meeting at the Keyblade Graveyard in BBS where he asked Terra and Aqua to "put an end to him", only this time with the other Union Leaders.

I'm quite worried about this possibility, because it would almost automatically mean that the story, or at least the murder mystery and its solution part of it, is poorly written and bad. It was supposed to be about MoM's unneeded secrecy and the foretellers' stupidity, not some unknown third party.

Not necessarily. There being multiple "Darknesses" was a realistic possibility from the start.
I remember from the very first main story quests of the original Browser Chi that Chirithy mentioned there being several "Seekers of Darkness" posing as Keyblade Wielders (dunno if that part was taken over into Unchained/Union X), there was one scene imagined by Player with nine black coats standing against thirteen on the Keyblade Graveyard and there's also the possibility of multiple Dark Chirithys.

Do we actually know for a fact that the story is "supposedly" about the MoM's unneeded secrecy and the "stupidity" of the Foretellers though?
The mysteries behind the story of the original Browser Chi/The Foretellers and the actual reasons for the whole chain of events leading to the war, including the "traitor", were never made fully clear to begin with.

The "murder mystery" might actually be just one part of the overall plan of the "Darknesses", even Brain's assumption that it was done "just" to disrupt the connections between the Union Leaders and shatter their unity so that they can be dealt with easier is a plausible explanation.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Damn, son. Lauriam ain't kidding:

Lowkey, Lauriam's walk was too long (it lasts 11 seconds):

hmm, still need next month it seems
okay, blaine speculated what darkness wants is to spread fear, anger and elements that will make their bonds fall apart and ven said he is the one that killed strelitizia though in the end there is someone saying thats not it and darkness appears
How long will this drag on?
I'm starting to think that the "Traitor" is actually the one that succumbs to Darkness and unleashes hell all over Daybreak Town. Maybe Lauriam is the traitor?

darkness said you have finally grasped what us is
Like a fellow member said: I think we'll have 13 Darknesses. Maybe the bodies that Darkness posses are the Seekers. Maybe Darkness are the original Seekers of Darkness. Perhaps the Seeker part is due to them seeking to plunge the World in Darkness?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I have to wonder about the "we/us" thing. Do they refer to themselves as a collective hive mind a la Xehanort replicas, or a bunch of individuals that grouped together for a common goal but retained independent agency?

I suspect that the Master anticipated this, and his own end-goal is just as destructive as the Darkness', perhaps he planned to find perfect vessels for the darkness like MX did over the course of time, and once there's enough of them, he might force his hand so those vessels gather in one place and kill them once and for all. Sacrifice the lives of the few for the good of the many.

There's no way he couldn't have known none of these would happen, the unions falling apart, Ava's disobedience, Ven...

The man's a megalomaniac, but he's a smart megalomaniac. I have to admire him for that, at least.

yuyayuzu

Awards
Damn, son. Lauriam ain't kidding:

Lowkey, Lauriam's walk was too long (it lasts 11 seconds):

I'm starting to think that the "Traitor" is actually the one that succumbs to Darkness and unleashes hell all over Daybreak Town. Maybe Lauriam is the traitor?

Like a fellow member said: I think we'll have 13 Darknesses. Maybe the bodies that Darkness posses are the Seekers. Maybe Darkness are the original Seekers of Darkness. Perhaps the Seeker part is due to them seeking to plunge the World in Darkness?

Well, I do prefer the 13 darkness theory than darkness is just vanitas more

Back